Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 11/9/2016 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been dealing with hormonal acne on my chin for a couple years now after coming off the pill. I used this product several times as soon as I saw a cyst forming, and it actually consistently made things worse. Instead of making the cyst go away, I would get another one right next to the one I'd been treating. This product was expensive and the price of shipping was ridiculous for such a tiny bottle. I've gone back to using Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion, which seems to be the only thing I've tried that works.

on 3/20/2015 12:00:00 PM

I have been using this for about 5 weeks to treat stubborn hormonal acne along my jaw. Previously I was using Rx's Ziana and Epiduo. This Anti-Cyst treatment has outperformed both for my needs. I apply every 1-2 days at night to my whole jaw area, and twice with a q-tip as spot-treatment. It has smoothed my skin, healed flare-ups in a few days, and isn't overly harsh or drying. I am so pleased to put away the prescriptions for this! I also love the glass packaging, however I really sincerely wish it didn't say CYST right on the front. It is off-putting in my shared bathroom.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have suffered from cystic acne for years and decided to give this a try when I started to develop a cyst. I was a little concerned after reading reviews but I honestly had a great experience. The service that was provided for me was wonderful. I'm also a huge fan of http://antiskinproblems.com/review-cystic-acne-treatment/ continued >>

on 11/22/2011 9:48:00 AM

This is no miracle product, as it does not get rid of a cyst for you as fast as a cortisone shot. However it does help control the size and speed up the healing process.

1. If you are able to catch one in its very early stage and start applying this treatment right away, then it won't grow very much bigger, won't become painful and will go away by itself in a few days.

2. If you start applying on a cyst that has already taken form and hurts when you press on it, it will still help control the swelling. From my experience, the cyst will get a little bit smaller after the first day, but won't really get much smaller from then on. However, it will start to heal and you will see it come to a head in another day or two. Then you can just pop it like a normal pimple and be done with it!

Overall this treatment does shorten the lifespan of a cyst by a lot. Without the treatment a cyst would normally last for 1-2 weeks for me, but with the treatment it's gone under a week.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is about the only product I have tried that has Actually Worked on Cysts. I get the Monthly Cyst on my chin like clockwork and despite my very vigilant skincare routine and diet, I still get them. I tried Mario Badescu's line and it worked somewhat but I found it to be less than good on Cysts. After discovering that my skin loves lactic acid, I decided to take a gamble and ordered this. Well, the results are excellent. This especially works well if you put it on as soon as you feel one coming on. It basically wil disappear in a few days. If you already have a mountain on your face it may take a bit longer but it does reduce the cysts by 1/2 after about 3 applications. I was extremely pleased with the results. Usually cysts hang around for a very long time and if you get them you know how painful they can be. The Lactic acid in this is like putting a mini-peel on. It will dry out things very quickly and penetrate to the core. Very happy with this purchase and I really feel it was worth the price paid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The first month this worked amazingly NOT one cyst during my period. I could not believe it. So I ordered another bottle. The first bottle I bought only lasted me about a month b/c I used it a lot.

The second month this did NOTHING for my cysts. Maybe my skin got use to it, I dont know.???

Maybe I will take a break from it and try it again later?????????????

EDIT:
Okay so I it is that horrible time of the month again. And I started to notice a huge red circle, size of a quarter, forming under my skin. You know the one that is red, inflammed, hurts when touched, and you know is going to be a GIGANTIC pimple/cyst. Well I was desperate (before making an appointment for a cortisone shot) and I decided to try this Renee Rouleau Anti-Cyst again and HOLY SH@T it worked miracously!! The next day it shrunk over 1/2 the size and each night it shrunk and shrunk and NO GIGANTIC pimple/cyst!!

So I am on the fence with this one??????

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have hormonal cysts that pop up on my chin at that time of the month. So far, I've had great results with this treatment. I started out using it on cysts that I already had and it cleared them up in a couple of days(normally it takes a couple of weeks). Now I use it twice a day, every day on my chin area as a preventative treatment and it's working! Just had my monthly visitor with NO cysts!!!! Very expensive but you use only a tiny amount so it will last a long time and it's the only thing that has really worked for me on my cysts so for that I will def. shell out the bucks for this over and over!

***edit...this is not working as well for me after several months of use..I now use the Oil Cleansing Method along with Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion with MUCH better results!

I have been battling cysts for years now and I have to say that FINALLY I have found something that really works. I typically get them on my cheeks and jawline once a month and they last for WEEKS so I pretty much always have something to treat on my face. I found that Mario Badescu buffering lotion and drying mask was really helping but I can only wear them at night…this is a clear serum that sinks right in so I can wear it during the day too. It shrunk a cyst in 3 days which is the fastest I have ever seen. I put it on one that was just starting and it was gone by the next day! I have also been using it 1x a week (at night) all over my cheeks to prevent and I wake up to very clear radiant skin. This is a must have product for me…I will never be without!

on 10/12/2006 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HUGE dissapointment for me. In a last ditch effort to help my hormonal acne (cysts on my chin) before visiting my derm, i tried this, hoping for miraculous results based on the reviews here. Alas, did NOTHING in terms of size, redness and pain. In contrast to the topical antibiotics i was prescribed, which shrunk my cysts in 2 days, i render RR's anti-cysts treatment as completely useless.

on 3/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of my Renee Rouleau must's. It's rare for me to get cystic acne on my face but when I do, man do those suckers hurt! I've tried benzoyl peroxide treatments to dry them up faster and take the ouch factor down but benzoyl peroxide just doesn't sink far enough into the skin to do anything other than dry out the skin on the surface of a cyst. I've tried topical antibiotics, which again are just too thick. I've tried high level glycolics which do get down into the blemish but are a bit too harsh thus further aggravating the already sore spot. Short of having a high frequency machine (not something the general public would have or should have) this stuff is the best solution. Within 24 hours of putting this on my blemish is no longer painful and it is reduced in size. Within 48 hours it's usually almost completely gone. I really love this stuff and recommend it like crazy to clients. Lactic acid is super effective at getting below the skin surface to clear up clogs gently without further irritating the already inflammed skin. I have to say this is one of those products that proves Renee Rouleua knows her stuff when it comes to ingredient and skincare formulations. Brilliant product!