Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

I made an account just to review this product.
Pleasssseeeeeeee don't waste your money on this. It doesn't do ANYTHING for your zits and actually made mine grow.
I was so desperate to find a product that worked that I was willing to spend $45 on this tiny bottle which makes me cringe.
I was praying that this would work but I am disappointed yet again.

sad :(

on 5/8/2017 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I created an account just to write this review!

SUMMARY: I'll start off with, everyone is different, but I think this product works like a charm! I don't have horrible acne. I have break outs here and there, but they were the deep cyst zits that grew under and stayed for days. I bought this product, not knowing much about it, just hopin something would work. AND IT DID!

MY TYPE OF ZITS: Now, when I say deep zits, I mean you feel an underground bump and through out the week it gets bigger and bigger. And you can't pop it and it just hurts. Then pretty soon it's very noticeable on your face, but so deep there's nothing you can do, but wait for another week or two to have it go away. (It's awful) (not even makeup can hide such a hideous thing!)

PRODUCT: I put this product on my zits once I even start feeling the slightest bump on my face and any chance I get when I'm not wearing makeup. And for me, the bump shrinks and just goes away! Now, it doesn't do it over night. But you feel the bump not get any bigger and just shrink and go away, so the whole time the zit wasn't noticeable. So, you have to catch the zit as early as you can and keep putting it on any chance you get. (I usually do after I wash my face, before makeup, after makeup is washed off, before bed)

PRICE: now, I know a lot of people say the price is too expensive but I guess "you get what you pay for" and this product (again, everyone's different) works. I'm not wanting it to climb any higher or anything. But I am on my 3rd bottle purchase because it as worked wonders!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I definitely recommend you try it out. Because it would do NO harm and most likely help!

This works, but only if you catch-up the cyst early. I have been impressed though! it stops them in their tracks. Super expensive though is a big drawback.

on 11/9/2016 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been dealing with hormonal acne on my chin for a couple years now after coming off the pill. I used this product several times as soon as I saw a cyst forming, and it actually consistently made things worse. Instead of making the cyst go away, I would get another one right next to the one I'd been treating. This product was expensive and the price of shipping was ridiculous for such a tiny bottle. I've gone back to using Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion, which seems to be the only thing I've tried that works.

on 7/21/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased their Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel, Skin Recovery Lotion, Anti-Cyst Treatment and their BHA Clarifying Serum. Their products shipped on time, and they have a 45-day return policy. Unfortunately, I didn't see this in time, or I would have returned almost everything except the Anti-Cyst Treatment. However, it only works withing a window of time, when the cyst is just forming (when you feel it surface) and it will somewhat stop it from growing (works better on small cyst rather than large ones). The cleansing gel feels like it does nothing, although it has a nice feel/smell. The lotion and serum smell very medicinal, and the lotion just dissipates after a few hours. I have not given the serum a real chance since I recently have been experiencing cystic breakouts from getting off the pill and I have been treating my skin delicately and carefully. I had high hopes for this product line since it was pricey to ship to Canada and since I had heard so many positive things, but I won't be a returning customer; maybe it's just not for me.

on 12/3/2013 11:46:00 AM

Bought this treatment after reading about it on Refinery29. DID NOT work at all, but only made my cystic acne worse.

I first used it on a small bump forming between my eyebrows, next thing I knew I had a huge, painful bump that still hasn't gone away (started a month ago). I also used it on an under-the-skin cyst to make it go away quicker, WRONG MOVE. I now have an angry, red flare-up that will not back down. I'm so disappointed and desperate to get rid of this acne that I've scheduled a cortisone shot with my dermatologist.

What's worse is that I've written to Renee Rouleau and they still haven't responded. Their return policy sucks too.

on 12/9/2011 5:17:00 PM

HG, HG, HG!!!! I have struggled with cystic acne for over 10 years (using multiple OTC products, dermatologists and prescriptions) - this is the only thing that I have ever found that really works on my skin. I discovered the product about 3 months ago. It helped to clear up the existing cysts quickly, and for the first time in over 10 years, I went 2 months without a cyst coming to full capacity. I usually get a couple on my chin or upper lip area every month. The last two months, when I could sense the same old cysts popping up, I immediately applied the serum, and they disappeared within 2 days and without ever getting horrible and painful. Also, this doesn't dry out my skin like everything else does. I can't even explain how it feels to have some confidence back regarding my skin!

on 7/9/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I"m 39 and never really suffered from acne since my teens but for some reasons, I have been breaking out more this year. Perhaps it's due to some hormonal changes, since I am very careful with what I eat, for the most part. Anyways, I have used this product on heavy sunk down cysts before and it didnt do much but last night, I had small bumps on my jawline and lower cheeks. I didnt want to use any acne medicine again becasue I always wake up with a red dotted face since those products seem to be way too strong for my sensitive skin. So i dabbed the Renee Rouleau anti-cyst serum on the bumps before bed. Well, I woke up and the bumps were gone! No redness, it's like they were never there. Whatsmore, I also applied Renee Rouleau correcting serum on existing blemishes I had and they looked much better as well this morning, drier and flatter. I had those products in my drawer for months and never used them on a daily basis...maybe they work better if you don't use them every day because your skin becomes immune to it???

Wow, what a difference 24 hours and 3 applications made. I put it on when I got it in the afternoon, before bed, and when I woke up at 3:00 am. I had three cysts, two were healing and one in the painful stage and they are remarkably better. No pain in the one, I really did not anticipate that. I just wish I purchased this sooner.

on 12/5/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm in my mid-thirties and still having issues with acne. As I've gotten older, I've become more prone to the large, painful cystic acne. It flares up around my chin & jawline during my time of the month. These zits can last for about a week or even longer. I've never found a product that helps with this sort of breakout until now. Once I feel that I am getting a large, cystic pimple, I put a dab of Renee Rouleau's treatment on it in the morning and in the evening. It always dramatically reduces the size and the duration of the pimple. It ocassionally dries out my skin at that area, but most of the time the pimple will disappear without me having to do anything to it. I love this product... it has been a life saver for me! I will definately purchase it again!