Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 3/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of my Renee Rouleau must's. It's rare for me to get cystic acne on my face but when I do, man do those suckers hurt! I've tried benzoyl peroxide treatments to dry them up faster and take the ouch factor down but benzoyl peroxide just doesn't sink far enough into the skin to do anything other than dry out the skin on the surface of a cyst. I've tried topical antibiotics, which again are just too thick. I've tried high level glycolics which do get down into the blemish but are a bit too harsh thus further aggravating the already sore spot. Short of having a high frequency machine (not something the general public would have or should have) this stuff is the best solution. Within 24 hours of putting this on my blemish is no longer painful and it is reduced in size. Within 48 hours it's usually almost completely gone. I really love this stuff and recommend it like crazy to clients. Lactic acid is super effective at getting below the skin surface to clear up clogs gently without further irritating the already inflammed skin. I have to say this is one of those products that proves Renee Rouleua knows her stuff when it comes to ingredient and skincare formulations. Brilliant product!

on 11/30/2005 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is SOOOO amazing! I put it on at night and the very next a.m. the swelling was GONE as was most of the redness. After another day there was nothing left but a dot! And I'm talking about a big under the skin bump that was really sore. Now I use it as a preventative and have not had pimple since. Between this product and the skin correcting serum, I am break-out free for the first time in years and my sking looks awesome. You can never go wrong with Renee's products, they are not cheap but they are worth it. Not matter what else I try, I always come back to her line. They have the most wonderful feel and smell - but have no perfume, it is just the natural essential oils used in the making of the products. And she uses only the finest and purest oils so they do not upset sensative skin, like mine. If you are ever in Plano, TX you really should try her facials. The cranberrybrasion is awesome - you skin looks great for WEEKS!!! I have never seem anything like it.

on 2/29/2016 5:44:00 PM

I felt a small bump underneath my skin along my jaw line and quickly applied this. Woke up to a huge cystic pimple but I continued to use this as directed in hope that it would help. 2 weeks later it was still there along with another 2 that popped up! So sad I was really hoping this would work for me but it did not!

on 7/4/2008 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is really really really wonderful! It truly delivers what it promises. I have yet to find a product that reduces cystic pimples without irritating them. I occasionally get hormonally induced cystic pimples - the kind that lives under your skin, is huge, and painful. The kind that leaves a big red angry mark on your face for a week and half when it comes to surface and then hyperpigmentation that lingers for months. This product really gets absorbed into your skin and either heals the acne or at least reduces it considerably. The price is a bit steep for the 1 oz bottle, but you don't need much at all. You either just apply to the pimple or to the affected area on your face. I have had pimples that could potentially wreak Godzilla-like damage onto my face become docile and go away ever so quietly within a few days or sooner! The best part of this is that it does not burn or sting when you apply it. It also doesn't dry out your skin. It is a clear serum-like consistency that you put on your pimple twice a day and is unnoticeable. I love it!

I actually created this account specifically to review this product. I'll start by saying that we all know when it comes to skincare products, different things work for different people. However, this product has changed my life in such a remarkable way that I felt the need to review it -- in case any others who suffer from adult cystic acne like I did are despearately searching for a solution like I was.

I am 32 years old, and I do not break out anywhere on my face anymore other than on my chin. When I do get acne on my chin, however, it's always deep beneath the skin, painful, large, and takes about two weeks to clear (but not before leaving dark spots on my skin that last for months). These pimples, I assume, are hormonal and tied to stress.

I've tried everything under the sun for it, and I had heard of this product and its claims for a while but didn't quite believe it. However, due to an unexpected family tragedy recently, the breakouts intensified, and I decided it was worth a shot.

I waited two months before reviewing to make sure it worked. During this stressful time of my life, I've felt a number of cystic acne pimples form under the skin, but remarkably, putting a thin layer of this treatment over my chin every night has prevented every. single. one. of. them. from forming into the monster they used to become. The blemish never gets large, is never painful, and always goes away completely in a 2-3 days.

As I said, I wanted to be sure this product was what did it, rather than some other change in my life or my routine. I have not changed any of my other skincare products during this time.

After it's remarkable effects, I'm 95% confident I can thank this product for keeping my skin clear. I'm writing this review because no adult wants to go to work and manage staff members while sporting cystic acne, and though I can't say it will work for everyone, I honestly believe it's worth the $45 to give it a shot.

on 11/9/2016 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been dealing with hormonal acne on my chin for a couple years now after coming off the pill. I used this product several times as soon as I saw a cyst forming, and it actually consistently made things worse. Instead of making the cyst go away, I would get another one right next to the one I'd been treating. This product was expensive and the price of shipping was ridiculous for such a tiny bottle. I've gone back to using Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion, which seems to be the only thing I've tried that works.

2 lippies because this just did not work for me. Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion is way better and costs less than half the price. I had to ship this all the way from USA (I live in Asia) and the shipping costs + product price was just too much to warrant me buying another bottle. Also, the pump for some reason tends to leak product even though I replace the transparent cap after every use. Product dispensing-wise, I find one pump dispenses too much product for one spot, and I have to consciously use half a pump if I only have 2-3 spots to treat. This thing does not heal cystic acne completely either - I find it just reduces the inflammation temporarily, but the exact same pore will flare up again in a month or two. It's not a long term solution. In addition, it doesn't act as quickly. The cystic acne healed only slightly faster than it would have without any product, but I should add that it did not cause it to be more inflammed like some other reviewers have experienced. Everybody's skin is different - as much as I had hoped this would have been Holy Grail (as it is for many people), it just did not work for me. Will definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This product made my cyst worse!!!! It got bigger and irritated around the edges!! I need to send it back! I had to go pay for a high-frequency treatment from my derm!:( I don't like cortisone shots because they have left indentions in my face from a derm that put too much in one time. -So, I went back to my HG product and won't stray again! It's by Decleor. The Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum. I put this on my t-zone, chin and jaw line every morning and night. I can even put my makeup over it after it has soaked in a bit. When I feel one coming I put it on a few times a day to keep it from getting bigger or coming up at all. This stuff usually settles it in a few days instead of weeks to get rid of!! I also have found that staying AWAY from dairy has helped with my cystic acne. Probiotics also help balance the skin as well. There are really good liquid ones at Whole Foods in the vitamin/cold section. I like the blueberry or the strawberry apple one. Hope this info helps someone else!

I think this product does a great job at targeting the big cyst blemishes that lie both above the skin surface and below the skin surface. I have used all sorts of acne products to target such blemishes (there are so many I've used that I cannot remember exactly what they are, but they all have had at least one if not a combination of such commonly used acne ingredients as benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and/or sulfur) and I thought there was no hope for such a problem. This is the only acne product that has seriously targeted such blemishes and it really is the only one on the market that is geared to eliminate such painful and nasty-looking boils of blemishes. Although I do not have a massive amount of cystic acne, I was having more frequent flare ups of cystic acne around my face this past Fall. I know it was due to a combination of stress and a skincare routine that no longer was working for me. This product not only has targeted these boiling blemishes that made a massacre of my face, but is also a great preventative treatment. I alternate between using this every other day and MD Formulations' Glycare Acne Gel to target those annoying blackheads and whiteheads (apparently glycolic acid is good for targeting that, but really is not as effective in targeting boiling blemishes wheras this is targeted for the boiling blemishes and not the little blackheads and whiteheads). The formula has worked quite well for me since I have had a massive decrease in boiling blemishes (I'm now only getting about one or two during that time of the month wheras before it seemed like I was averaging six a month in the most visible parts of my face). The only thing that irks me about this product is the fact that it is so costly for such a small bottle (like $36+change+shipping if you don't spend $75 or more at ReneeRouleau.com; I do have to say that their customer service is one of the best mailorder skincare customer service I've dealt with and they are highly generous in sending samples too). Although I greatly appreciate receiving samples alongside my order, I'd be even more happy with the product if there was more for that amount of money. It does not dissapoint, though.

I made an account just to review this product.
Pleasssseeeeeeee don't waste your money on this. It doesn't do ANYTHING for your zits and actually made mine grow.
I was so desperate to find a product that worked that I was willing to spend $45 on this tiny bottle which makes me cringe.
I was praying that this would work but I am disappointed yet again.

sad :(