L'Oreal L'Oreal Kids Shampoo- Strawberry Smoothie

L'Oreal L'Oreal Kids Shampoo- Strawberry Smoothie

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, PEG 30 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Ricinoleamido MEA Sulfosuccinate, Fragrance, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Tartaric Acid, Sodium Methylparaben, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Methylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 4/23/2016 7:31:00 AM

This scent is now is called very berry strawberry (well in the UK anyway). This is the only shampoo I've used that does not make my scalp itch (apart from baby shampoo- but that leaves grease in my hair).
I tend to not use it every wash as that would leave my hair a tangled mess. So I alternate it with a moisturising shampoo.
The packaging is really annoying and it's awkward to get the shampoo out when there's not much left due to the bottle's rectangular shape.
But it smells great and it really cleans my hair but is still gentle.

I just picked up the mango scented one and it also smells great!

I LOVE the scent of this shampoo. It's not the best shampoo, it leaves my hair a little tangled but I definitely recommend buying it.

on 2/17/2014 2:57:00 PM

These smell wonderful in my kids' hair. But, they are not tear free as claimed and burn both their eyes. I will not be repurchasing for that reason.

on 1/26/2014 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Uhm WOW. If you haven't tried this stuff, please read. This aint your average baby shampoo.

So I was browsing MUA top picks for a shampoo, which I've done a few times. Last purchase was the DermOrganics sulfate daily conditioning shampoo because it was a top pic.

I guess ill explain my hair first, it is fine, tangles all the time if not straightened, my ends are dry and kinda "cripsy" haha and my roots are almost always oily the day after shampooing. I'm dandruff prone as well, to the point where I with most shampoos I can shake my head and it looks like its snowing. So gross i know. So i go for natural or moisturizing shampoos or selsun blue/t gel which both smell like A$$.

So I see this top pic for a kids shampoo. I remember this growing up. I asked my mom, she said yeah i loved that stuff. Then I started thinking, if it's gentle and tear free, it might not irritate my scalp. Now in my experience, if it moisturizes enough for my ends not to be dry, and my scalp not to flake= greasy roots.

I still have lots of dermorganics because its a big bottle but it makes my hair greasy the next day or if i straighten my hair it looks greasy instantly. And yes i use a clarifying shampoo weekly. So i see this fishy bottle shampoo in the strawberry (the top picks were only for strawberry) for like 2.50$. Yeah its a small botttle, but that's cheap. The first time I used it, it kinda tangled my hair and made it feel a bit dry, but with my hair, it takes 2-3 washes for the shampoo to do it's own job. After the 3rd wash, i was in disbelief. Went to school late, hair was wet, toque on because I live in the arctic and after my class I could run my fingers though my hair. My waves looked sexy, since when?!? And my ends weren't really dry. I thought wow... this might be a win. And then something magical happened. Day after, I didn't need to wash my hair, my roots were normal. THE DAY AFTER THAT I STILL DIDN'T NEED TO WASH MY HAIR. MY ROOTS?! THEY ARN'T GREASY?! I washed my hair anyways because I wanted it to smell good but this is THE SHAMPOO FOR MY HAIR. No dandruff yet. And of course it smells amazing, i wish it lingered longer. I can't wait to get to alternate all the smells. Plus, the fish design and cap are a win with me. Brings out the inner child ;)

So if my ridiculous review isn't enough for you to spend $2.50 on a shampoo that worked this good for me, you're craaaazy :)

on 7/15/2013 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I remember using this as a child and I really liked the scent; This shampoo smells great but made my hair frizzy and in knots :'(.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this shampoo in the watermelon scent, and was a bit skeptical about it just because it's a kids shampoo.

However, I was DEFINITELY wrong. This shampoo is actually the only shampoo I've tried (and I have a long list going that I need to write reviews for) that does not leave my hair very squeaky (unless I try to get it to squeak). My hair is not frizzy after it dries, but still has its volume and is still clean. I use this every other day to every couple of days and I do not have greasy hair. It leaves it soft and a little does go a long way. The only thing I wish was different about the product was that the smell would linger (which I can understand may not be a good thing for a lot of people but I really like the smell of watermelons, haha).

The shampoo smells like Summer, is tear free, and is dirt cheap. It's definitely worth checking out as I think I paid $2.78 for it.

2/06/2013 Still using this shampoo. It is my go to shampoo and hasn't left my hair stringy or dry. I've even convinced a few people to get it and they also love it.

3/07/2013 They have come out with a new, paraben free formula. For the watermelon version I also believe they changed the scent. It smells more like...bubbles? It's very weird and not as pleasant as it used to be. I switched to the strawberry smoothie scent, and it still shampoos the same (but possibly a little more conditioning). Not good for getting rid of heavier styling products like pomade.

9/17/2013 I still use this, but my boyfriend has an oily scalp and the smell is... not so great on his hair. I would not recommend if your hair is usually oily.

on 11/13/2012 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Great product when you need to really cleanse and clarify the hair to get rid of product build up, great smell and very gentle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, this shampoo smells delicious and the packaging is adorable. It is also very gentle and moisturizing. But it is no miracle-worker for my fine, color-treated hair, which sometimes needs something a little more complex to achieve the sleek, frizz-free styles I love. It's fun to use, though, and it's a nice back-up shampoo to have in your stash.

on 7/20/2012 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OKay, so before I tried it on my hair, my friends and I had my boyfriend use it :) His hair came out smelling like a strawberry pie and was the shiniest, softest, and most well controlled (he has curly hair) I've ever seen it! Can't wait to use it on my curly hair!

on 5/5/2012 4:16:00 AM

This shampoo brings me back to when I was 5, I love it. It smells amazing & the packaging is super cute. It doesn't do a great job of cleansing on my oily scalp, but it works great for the summer when I shower 2x a day and don't want to strip my hair. It conditions my dry ends.