Too Faced Quickie Chronicles - The Heartbreaker

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I'm so glad I got this.
The eyeshadows are really buttery and blend well.The pinkish brown makes my eyes kinda puffy though. The eye shadows colors complement each other and they look really gorgeous.

The glosses have this weird powdery smell and they are a bit sticky. However they are quite long lasting and look really good on me. Not very pigmented though.

The blush is very pigmented and flattering.

The outside of the palette is really pretty with this sexy pin-up girl and a short story about her character.

on 12/30/2008 12:10:00 PM

This is a beautiful palette and all colors suit my skintone perfectly (NC20 Asian). Gives a very flattering natural glowing look. Paired with a bit of soft brown eyeliner, it's fantastic. Would highly recommend for someone who likes neutrals.

on 5/14/2008 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've had this palette for 2 years, but wasn't going to review it as it is now discontinued. I recently saw several on EBay, and bought 2 more, so I think it's time to put up a review. This palette couldn't be more perfect for me if they made it for me specially. I only wear it in warmer weather, though, since the colors make me look washed out when I'm paler. They are wonderful in summer, though, when I have a bit of color. The palette consists of a lovely, soft, matte blush in a warm dusty pink. It goes on very smoothly, and lasts. There are 3 shadows, pale pink, soft copper and, my favorite, what I describe as a suntanned pink, all shimmery. I wear them all wet; they go on like cream shadows, and again, last a good long time. I really like the glosses, they seem to last longer than many glosses I've tried--pale pink, med. rose, copper and bronzey rose, again all shimmery. The palette itself is cardboard, opening book-style, and doesn't look like it would hold up to rough treatment. I've babied mine, and it's done well. Plus, it's cute! Of course, the applicators are cheap and not very useful, so I don't use them. The entire palette has a vanilla scent, which is not my favorite, but I don't mind it. All I really need in summer is The Heartbreaker, a bronze liner and mascara, and I'm good to go. Highly, highly recommended!

on 4/24/2008 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm fairly pleased with this. The palette looks gorgeous when it's closed: very retro and cute. The inside looks a bit cheap, but then it *is* quite cheap for a palette, so that's fine by me. The brushes, though, I find really really really annoying. They are awful! They just make the whole thing look really cheap and nasty. Makes me wonder why they included them at all when it would look so much classier without. You know when you're about thirteen and you buy an eyeshadow palette for 1.50 in Superdrug? Well the brush and eyeshadow applicator in here are actually worse than the ones you'd get in that 1.50 set.

Anyway, onto the products themselves. The eyeshadows are pretty finely milled and blend well. There is a very light peachy beige, a subtle bronze with a bit of shimmer, and a kind of pinkish bronze. The pinkish bronze is not very flattering against my fair skin and also, IMO, not deep enough to use as a crease colour or liner shade, but I really like the other two and find them easy to blend and work with. They are subtle but flattering and give a kind of summery look. I find that the beige shade as a highlight, with the bronze on the lid and a deeper, more pigmented bronze in the crease looks amazing.

On me, the glosses are all pretty sheer with a hint of shimmer. I like the bottom left and the top right ones the most, because they have a bit of redness to them but still look quite subtle. The top left one is a lightish pink, and the bottom right one is brownish. They all have a nice texture and last quite a while. I hate the smell though - they have a kind of rubbery smell to them which is masked by vanilla.

I like the blush. I don't usually wear peach, but the shade is nice and I'm sure would be flattering on most skin tones (looks good on my very fair skin, and also when I'm tanned). You do need to load your brush up with the product to make it visible, but it actually has quite a contouring effect on me - makes me look like I have an impressive set of cheekbones (this is quite unusual!). I think it would be lovely for a very subtle peachy glow if you put it just on the apples (kind of like Georgia by Benefit, but with shimmer and a bit more noticeable). The only problem is that it's not very long-lasting, at least on me.

Overall I'd say that this is good for the price (I got it for 7.50). You do get four good-sized glosses, three eyeshadows and a generous amount of blush. The shadows are surprisingly pretty and I have created a nice look using the bottom two with a bronze shade from a Clinique quad and some bronze liner. I like the glosses - not as much as the shadows because I think they're quite standard, but they're nice glosses. And I love the blush. I've said yes to buying again, but I wish there was a maybe option because I'm not sure how much I'll use it, especially the glosses. This gets four lippies because it is such good value. You would pay 10 for one teeny MAC shadow, and here you get a lot for your cash. If only those hideous brushes would stop taunting me with flashbacks from my teenage years, I would be very pleased with this palette!

on 8/18/2008 12:12:00 AM

Out of all the quickie chronicles I own from this company, this is by far my favorite and most used. The eyeshadows esp the lighter color gets the most use out of it. The lipsticks and glosses are easily blendable and can be easily mxed. The peachy beige sheen is great to use from day to night and the quality of the products are great as well. I am very fair so for me to use peachy blush on my complexion gives me a healthy glow wo looking orange or fake. I wish they didn't discontinue this. I would def buy again and again!

The Heartbreaker is a pretty selection of soft peaches, pinks and browns. The colours complement each other beautifully and I think they would suit a wide range of people. I'd describe the colours as warm-neutral, perfect for adding that healthy glow to your face. I love how you can create a variety of different looks, from barely there to warmer.

The eye-shadows are good quality and last well. I am not too keen on the darker pink-brown one as I think with my pale skin it makes my eyes look red and is not flattering, but the other two are perfect. I love the lip-glosses as they add a natural wash of colour and are a good consistency, and are buildable in colour. The blush is a very flattering dusky peach. I thought it would be too dark for me, but it blends beautifully into my skin and gives a lovely summery glow.

It's a shame this has been discontinued as it's a lovely palette.

on 12/31/2007 11:13:00 AM

This palette is very pretty, the shadows are easy to blend, the blush is well pigmented, and the glosses are long lasting without being too sticky. The old-fashionned picture and the naughty story on the book covers are funny and make this product very original.

Well that's what you could say about any Quickie Chronicle.

But this one was a REVELATION to me : peach is MY blush colour !!
I had never dared peachy, coral or warm pink blush shades before, don't ask me why ! I tried this blush and WOW : it gives me that look we're all looking for, healthy and radiant without looking made up. I've tried a lot of other blushes after that, including Nars and Bobbi Brown products, and none of them could compete.
The shadows are light, so they're easy to wear on day time, and the gloss shades are very pretty too.

The only negative thing I can think about is that the lip brush and shadow applicators are real cr*p... But who uses them anyway ?

on 12/23/2007 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's a reason why Too Faced Quickie Chronicles are among the highest rated palettes on MUA. Although some discount the brand as being gimmicky, you can't deny that TF usually get things pretty close to perfect with may of their QCs and The Heartbreaker would have to be one of the best. The combo of the 3 eyeshadow colours work so beautifully together your eyemakeup will look perfect without being overdone. They've only got a very slight shimmer to them so they're great for wearing during the day, but the look can easily be intensified by using the middle shade as the base and the liner colour (which isn't too dark) in the crease and teaming with a liquid eyeliner. For me, the blush is the real winner in this palette. Normally peach blushes can look a bit boring, but this one is pretty, contouring and gives me a sunkissed flush all in one. The glosses are quite shimmery, so I tend to wear them over lipsticks that need an extra something.

on 3/4/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have a collection of Quickie Chronciles and this one is my favourite. The colours work perfect with my lightly tanned skin, and can be carried from the day to the evening look. The eye shodows are perfectly pigmented and will compliment any skin tone. The blush and the lip glosses are fantastic. Love love love.

I love this palette! I'm obsessed with the 3 warm, long-lasting eyeshadows which deliver the perfect pigment payoff. I agree with what others have said before me, perfect for summer this palette is a dream for giving you a sun-kissed glow! I was never huge on blush before, but the blush in this palette has me hooked... it's neutral without being boring.

My rating of 4 is due to my only complaint: the lip glosses. While the 4 colors are shimmery and great for mix-and-match, I have lips prone to dryness and my experience with Too Faced lipgloss (I also have the Box of Chocolates) has been that they dry my lips out and are not very long-lasting, which is too bad since the colors are gorgeous! But all in all, The Quickie Chronicles are THE perfect palettes and there's one for everyone.