Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
Laura Mercier Concealer in SC1

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is not a bad concealer, but because it is so creamy, it does make my mascara smudge under my eyes. Setting it with powder did not help.

on 11/28/2016 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I normally wear Lancome Effacernes Longue Tenue, but as always, I stray every now and then to try other products. Unfortunately, trying Laura Mercier's turned out to be a bad call. The best thing to be said about this is that it is non drying. The problem is that it veered much toward the emollient end, compromising it's ability to set properly. You can fix this issue by setting it with powder, but then you run the risk of caking. I find that even with a setting powder though, the product still slides off the skin. Packaging is also far from ideal. Dipping into the pot is unhygienic. Not going to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This concealer is fantastic for under the eyes on ageing skin because it is so emollient. I got this shade on sale from strawberrynet in #1.5 which is a fraction too light for me, but I have found that if I mix it with the pink side of secret camouflage in #2 and apply with a little buffer brush, it becomes the perfect consistency!

It absolutely has to be set with a powder, and I find two very light layers; one after application and another as i finish my makeup allows it to last all day and minimises it settling into fine lines.

I have used this on clients much older than myself and found it works very well following the above method.

It also comes in handy for a dry flaky post-cold nose. The extra moisture allows for foundation to sit a bit nicer over the textured skin.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is way too creamy and creases under my eyes - even when it's set it just slides off!

on 8/11/2016 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I somehow like this concealer cos its really creamy and i have dry skin. But unfortunately, i think i got the wrong shade. I bought number 4 and realized at home that its really dark on me. So i think ill buy this again but in a lighter shade.

on 6/13/2016 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It really isn't that great. It's shiny, its orange, it doesn't blend well, and it creases like anyones business under the eyes within about 10 minutes. I've tried using it with primer, under foundation, over foundation, on it's own, with setting powder, applying it with my fingers, applying it with a brush. Nothing works, it's horrid. The name "secret concealer" makes me laugh because it is anything BUT a secret when you're wearing it, due to all of the issues mentioned above! I stopped using this but the other day i decided to give it another go, and it just looked so awful i had to take all of my makeup off and start again.

If you have acne and are considering to buy this for it, i wouldn't. something about the formulation screams breakout to me. There are better concealers out there and I'm still on the hunt for mine.

I love this product!! The packaging was a little bit "jenky", or it feels a little cheap... But the product itself is beautiful. I have the color number 3 I believe, and the salmon undertone is just perfect to cancel out my under eye circles. The staying power is great. I prefer applying it with a brush rather than a beauty blender. The price is a little high up... I'm not exactly sure if I would splurge again for this, since I hit pan pretty quickly. There is not a lot of product in this, but I still think it's a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Good coverage on dark circles, looks natural. Does not look crepey or dry like some concealers. Very good on its own and even better with a dab of Bobbi Brown corrector.

on 1/3/2016 11:08:00 PM

Been using this in #2, with MAFE HD Microfinish to set, for a few years now. Every time I try a different concealer, I end up just coming back to this one. I have deep, dark circles under my eyes, and this works really well in covering that, for the most part. Love this stuff!

on 11/2/2015 1:23:00 AM

Ladies...this is the first time in I can't remember how long that when I looked in the mirror I didn't scream in sheer horror at the dark circles and bags under my eyes!!! It really covered all my imperfections without creasing or looking crepey. I am shocked because I have tried countless products to no avail and was just starting to get resigned to the fact that I was always going to see either my circles and bags or creasing and crepiness. I am crossing my fingers that this wasn't a fluke since this is only the first day I used this, but I was just too excited not to share my new LOVE!