Chantecaille Lasting Eye Shade - Perle

No Image

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I can't add anything to the wonderful descriptions of the colors others have mentioned.

This is better suited on me for my paler, winter complexion. This is a beautiful pink-pearl/opal complexity. I prefer a sheerer shimmer. Their line offers more of an opaque coverage than I prefer. Definitely good coverage with this and no creasing, even w/o a primer on a 14+ hour workday.

Glad I have it and would absolutely repurchase but for summer I have to use a lighter hand than I do in the winter.

on 3/11/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

**Perle is not a Lasting Eye Shade (matte) but is Chantecaille's Shine formula (shimmer).**

Perle is my favorite base eyelid color and it is a multi tasker. I see a pint-tinted opalescent luster, similar to my saltwater pearls. The result is very brightening but subtle on the skin, and very kind to aging eyelids because the shimmer particles do not stand out. The overall effect is glow. It melts into the skin, even skin that is more textured than it used to be. It needs a primer to last all day.

I wear Perle patted down on the movable lid with a weasel brush. I also use Perle as a facial highlighter, which works very well with my pink-porcelain skin. No glitter or sparkles or obvious shimmer in full sun, just a delicate glow that does not highlight pores. This eyeshadow looks amazing in candlelight. [Update 2017-06-04--Still in daily use all these years later. Love it.]

on 2/11/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This shadow is a soft shimmery whiteish shade with very light purple undertones, or maybe I am crazy..lol..... all the reviews for this mentions pink undertones but to me it is a very light purple undertone. In the pan though this does appear to have a very light pink tint to it.The shimmer to this is very soft and therefore i can use this as a all over wash with a soft shimmery crease color for a beautiful result. Chantecaille shadows are not for those who love a pigmented or bold shadow above all else.
I lean towards very neutral/natural colors and these blend seamlessly. I like chantecaille , chanel soft touch, and Laura Mercier eye shadows.( in order of preference). Chantecaille's finely milled eyeshadows are not overly powdery like Laura mercier's seem to be which makes chantecaille's apply and look more natural (IMO).

on 9/5/2007 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a nice pearl shade, soft shimmer. Not the best for the price though. But as always, I love the Chantecaille packaging

Chantecaille's Perle is a shimmery, cream eyeshadow with a touch of pink. It's beautiful as a highlight and most importantly, it does not oxidize (re: turn orange) the way Bobbi Brown cream-colored eyeshadows do on me. I am only giving it four lippies- although it's a nice shade, it's not particularly unique enough to justify the price.

on 2/1/2007 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous light pink w/enough shimmer that you can use it as a highlighter. Goes on sheer and layers easily. Not an obnoxious pink and not an obnoxious amount of shimmer (which is great for those of us who do not want/need shiny eyelids!). On this super pale PPP w/pink undertones, it opens/wakes up my eye area instantly. With a deep, deep chocolate brown liner and mascara, this is my everyday natural eye look. Can be added to easily for work and evening.

Noted to say: I use this in my Weekend in Paris Palette. (No longer available). So I purchase it in refill form. Great either way.

on 5/6/2006 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG highlighter on browbone & inner corners of eyes. A very light, flattering shimmery pink that works beautifully w/my coolr-toned PPP skin. I've tried tons of e/s for highlighting, & once I bought this I was satisfied. Simply cannot beat it for wearability and believability. As with all Chantecaille e/s this doesn't appear glittery (like UD) or chalky (like some MAC) It isn't dry (NARS) and the colors actually WORK on you. I won't be w/o Perle - ever.

on 2/15/2006 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Perle is a shine eye shade in a pale pink color. Chantecaille is a huge waste of money IMO. Retailing for a crazy $26 these shadows look pretty but arent very pigmented and fade through the day even with a good base. I prefer more pigment. Too many better quality shadows out there. Comes in a single silver compact with white translucent lid. This is also available in the olivia Palette.

on 11/28/2005 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Light, neutral and shimmery... like a pearl! I love this shadow! I used it initially to highlight the browbone and loved it!!! Then one day I got lazy and used this as an all over wash with just Shu ME Silver 945 in the crease and oh was it beautiful. Now it's my everyday combination. Blends easily and lasts all day. The only drawback is the price but for me it's worth it. LOVE IT!!!

on 1/12/2005 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For this PPP (neutral--can wear cool or warm colors), brown eyes, this is the perfect base for all over the eyes. It's a subtle shimmer in a white/peach/pink shade that opens up your eyes. Alone, it brightens; with other colors under or over, it adds dimension. I love this with Chantecaille granite (dark gray shine w/a touch of taupe) in crease and outer corner and Chantecaille delphinium (med. purple) in inner corner. Like all their shadows, the texture is wonderful and lasting and is subtle. Colors may sound intense but don't look it, even when apply several layers. Elegant flip-top package. These can be fragile--try not to drop them or the shadow may crack.