no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Found this soap in a set of three for a bargain price at a discount store. Caswell-Massey has a good rep and I loved the almond scent. Also, the cold cream in the title had me sold since it is winter in the great northeast, which means dry skin!! Well, I wasn't disappointed. It is very luxurious and creamy and great in the shower. I also used it on my face with no problem.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrown

3.0

7 years ago

I used to love this soap -- the feel is luxurious and it's very moisturizing; however, it no longer has the lovely almond scent. I was pleased to find some at a discount store a while back but was disappointed that there was virtually no scent at all to the soap. I thought this was due to old stock, so purchased several three-bar boxes from C-M directly. Again, no scent, despite the shrink wrapping of the individual cakes. So disappointing -- although the quality of the soap remains high, the scent was part of the luxury experience, and I'll not be buying or gifting again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Beautiful, creamy almond scented soap. Makes my skin soft and has a nice almond/ marzipan scent without being fake or cloy. These are normally $36 for a box of four 5.8 ounces soaps, but they have a sale now through 3/12 and they are $19.40. I bought 4 boxes! Lasts longer than the soap I was using previously, so with the sale price it is well worth it.

About reviewer (468 reviews)

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I’ve been looking for a better, hopefully cheaper and more friendly cleanser for a while, I have so many half used tubes at home, I love them then for what ever reason decide I don’t like them, they dry my skin out or cause more pimples to come up. They never seemed to have any benefit to my skin, just a glorified dish liquid with a large price tag. With this in mind I decided to check out some other options on here, Thanks everyone!! A lot of people had good things to say about Dove, I love Dove, it’s the only soap I will use on my body so it made sense to give it a try, but on my face….. well I’m sorry to say it didn’t work, came up with small pimples, I could have persevered I suppose to see if it subsided but I didn’t like the way my face felt like there was a film on it, so looked on. One of the reviewers said this cold cream almond soap from Caswell-Masey was the more expensive option. I finally found it on Fresh Cosmetics (as they don’t sell it here in Australia) 4 days later it arrived, worked out to be $7 per bar (I got a box of 3) which is really cheap compared to what I have been paying for cleansers, they are smaller than you get in the US but are pretty much a normal size bar soap for here. Background done I can now get onto the review. I love this soap, it’s very clean rinsing, there is nothing at all left on your skin, no film or anything feels fantastic, the smell is great and doesn’t linger, the soap is very hard milled so there is absolutely no wastage so will last a long time. I have seen a dramatic change in my skin already; it has never felt so fine and transparent before. I would highly recommend this soap for anyone looking to simplify their skincare. **Update** this soap is great but it dried my skin out a bit after repeated use so have now been using it as a body soap and it's fantastic

About reviewer (8 reviews)

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

My first impression of this soap was how high-quality it seemed. I got a set of three bars and the box itself was made from strong cardboard, with a removable lid. Each soap was individually wrapped in plastic and sealed with a silver-coloured sticker. I could smell the delicious almond scent, like marzipan, through the plastic. After the soap is unwrapped and used, the almond smell fades dramatically, but it is still detectable from the bar itself. It does not leave any scent on the skin after use. The soap lathers well, and the lather is fine and creamy, leaving my skin feeling clean but not too dried out. I don't feel like I have to go and put on lotion straight away like with some other soaps. And because it is hard milled, it doesn't go all mushy in the soap dish. I've used it on my face as well as my body, with no ill effects. Be careful to keep it out of your eyes, though -- like any other soap, it stings! This is a high quality soap and I will definitely repurchase if I ever get to the end of this bar and the others in the set. It seems like it will last for ages though so that might not be for a while!

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Dang it, I am doing nothing to help downplay my image as a softy when it comes to ratings. But thanks to advice from a lot of pre-existing MUA reviews, as well as learning from my skin care mistakes in teens and twenties, I have sidestepped buying so many products that would have ended in grief. This is a great soap for people with mild rosacea who want the treat of a little scent. Tough thing about rosacea is that fragrance is a major irritant and has to be avoided; so many "all natural" products promoted are dreadful for people with rosacea. But, just because you can't have fragrances in face products doesn't mean you don't wish for an olfactory treat. Fortunately, almond oil, while having a pleasant scent, is not an irritant usually for people with rosacea. Love the soap--the fragrance isn't overpowering and doesn't linger after washed off. Very, very gentle, but no film or residue left on face like Dove can sometimes do. Really wish Caswell-Massey would do an actual almond cold cream for makeup removal--even passed request on to a C-M customer rep. One downside is price, but I snagged 24 one ounce bars for a great deal on the internet, so please comparison shop for bargains, you never know... Am passing on pricey soap preservation trick for those of y'all who hate how much of really good soap ends up dissolving in soap dish. After using soap, while still wet, wrap in small, dry washcloth, trying to make a point of placing soap in same spot of washcloth. After a week of doing this, dampen washcloth and you'll find all that melted soap collected in washcloth, which you can then use on face or body. Not a HUGE amount of soap lather collected on washcloth, but a decent amount, and who hates to waste even a little bit of beloved, pricey soap? After using this washcloth, launder it, meanwhile starting process all over again with another small washcloth. Also, by wrapping soap in dry washcloth, less likely for soap to slip out of soap dish on floor.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

11 years ago

Very nice soap. I use this as a splurge, pampering soap & follow with their almond lotion. This leaves skin soft & feeling moisturized. I also use this as a shaving soap... my razor glides over me skin & my skin is soft after. Good stuff!!!

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

This soap is insanely great for the price. I'm not a fan of any almond scent, but this is very soft & enjoyable. The soap is very creamy, long-lasting, & the skin on my entire body LOVES it. I use it to bathe with, & also to wash my face with. The skin on my face has responded really well to it...& I'm sensitive & prone to breakouts & bad reactions from skin care products. This soap makes my skin feel super-soft, moisturized, & it never clogs my pores. My face looks more clear & balanced since I started using this. Isn't that just crazy from a bar of soap? I've tried very high-end cleansers, & this tops all of them. I'm extremely impressed with this, & will definitely continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Very creamy, smells wonderful. I absolutely love the almond scent.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

14 years ago

This is such great soap - very dense and makes creamy rich lather. I love the oval shape, the generous size and the light almond scent which I wish were stronger. My husband likes this soap too as it isn't girly. I am old fashioned in that I don't like shower gel liquid type soap - I want a good honest bar of high quality soap and a washcloth. There is no comparison using this and a bar of Dial or Dove or Camay. This is worth the price and lasts a long time.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm