Philosophy Clear Days Ahead (Acne) Trial Kit

No Image

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've suffered from skin issues since I was 14. As an adult, having acne is really embarrassing and quite the challenge to treat. After doing my research and finding out that I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide, I stumbled upon this kit.

I took a chance and purchased it. I am so glad that I did because my skin has never looked better. Not only are my active blemishes healed in just a matter of weeks, but my acne scarring, pitted scars, and hyperpigmentation are all less noticeable as well. It does not dry out my naturally oily skin or cause flaking. It's gentle, but effective. I really love the cleanser and the moisturizer.

I highly recommend this for those of you that haven't had success with things like Proactive or Curology.

Not only is it a great trial kit, but it's perfect for traveling which is great because that's usually when my skin is most neglected.

I really had higher hopes for this, but the product just didn't come through! I struggled with moderate acne and am always on the search for something that actually works (I've tried Clinique, Sheer Cover, Proactiv, Neutrogena Stress Relief ect) and STILL haven't found anything. I've heard such good things about Philosophy's face products and I love their body washes, but apparently, it's just not for me. I tried it for about a month and a half and I've came away with WORSE acne. I have cystic acne now and my face is constantly in pain because of the products I used. I'm really disappointed and I don't think I'll be buying Philosophy's face products again!

on 6/25/2009 5:03:00 PM

Oh I had such high hopes for this kit... My friend was trying it and she recommended it, so I thought I'd give it a go. In the kit form, the price was actually quite reasonable. And I stuck with this and used it religiously for about 2 months. And you know what? It made my skin worse. It actually gave me worse cystic acne on my cheeks, and it made me break out with little zits on my chin, which didn't happen to me before starting to use this. ~sigh~ And now I have leftover acne scars that are red and will take forever to fade on me. I returned it, but getting my money back doesn't make up for new scars. Terrible stuff. Avoid it!

on 8/17/2008 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am really disappointed with this acne kit. I have moderate acne and this kit did nothing to reduce my acne - even though I used three-fourths of the kit. The acne wash smells like chemicals (sulfur); I figured this would help with oiliness since I've tried cheap sulfur soap bars that helped cut shine. I was wrong. I've found that the $3.25 Cetaphil Antibiotic soap bar works EXTREMELY better than this entire kit and it doesn't irritate or dry my sensitive skin. The acne serum in this kit dries super fast, but I found more acne popping up in the places I used the serum. I know some people tell you that an effective product might make your skin look worse before it can look better, but really? Almost the whole kit and nada. I'm not one to write reviews, but I splurged on this Philosophy kit -- seriously, just try the Cetaphil soap bar. It works better and is great for the frugal consumer.

on 8/11/2008 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was using Boscia for about a year before trying the Acne Kit from Philosophy (along with the kit I used the Microdelivery Peel as well).
So after two weeks of using Philosophy it seemed as though my skin looked clear and more radiant and my skin didnt need as much cover up as usual. But on the third week my chin and around my cheeks the acne got so bad ! I never had a problem like that with Boscia and Im not completely sure if it was any of the Philosophy products that caused the severe breakout but I was not using anything else at that point so it just points into that direction. I stopped using the kit and went back to Boscia and my skin seems to get better now. I was really hoping that this kit would work for me but after the nasty breakout Im nervous to go back to it. I think I will return the kit and for now go back to Boscia until I find something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Honestly.. this made my already acne-prone skin worse.
DONT USE THIS.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am finding that all Philosophy brand products are both overpriced and overhyped and this acne kit is no different. This kit is very expensive especially when it reeks havoc on your skin. And who has time to do a 5 step kit every single day 2 times a day? NOT ME. These products were very harsh on my skin and offered no results. I used it for 2.5 weeks and then threw my hands up and returned it to Sephora. Save your money ladies and buy yourself a nice pair of shoes.

I have very difficult skin. It's very oily, congested, and acne prone. This was working well for me until I hit a stress point and fell off the wagon of washing my face twice a day. This with the stress compounded into acne on my cheek that I've had for 2 months now. I decided that to get it under control, I would try a benzoyl peroxide fash wash. Bad plan. My face was so jacked up, it was crazy. It dried it out, made it look dull, and didn't even clear up the acne. So I decided to use this again, and I was surprised. It didn't totally clear it up, but it made the area less red. And the other skin on my face looks amazing. I think it works well once you have your acne under control to keep it at bay, but not necessarily to clear it up when it's bad.

on 1/22/2008 2:46:00 AM

I got this kit for Christmas, and now I'm hooked. I have oily, blemished skin and his kit does the trick- fewer blemishes without drying out my skin. The price is a little high, but buying the kit of 4 products is cheaper than buying 2 products alone.

on 1/19/2008 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this kit before reading the reviews on here. While waiting for it to ship, I thought to myself "I wonder what MUA has to say about it?" I got a little scared. I considered just returning it the second it came through my door. However, when it finally came, I decided to give it a try. I'll admit that the cleanser leaves behind a sulfur smell, but everything else applied nicely and by the time I put on the h2o2 cream, my skin seemed like it was glowing (it brightens it immediately).

It's been a week now since starting it, and unlike other acne treatments, it makes my skin smooth, soft and clear. Granted, my acne is not as bad now as it was when I was a teenager, but I've spent a long time struggling with it. I'm very used to using treatments without results for months. This however has really taken effect immediately. I think different formulas work for different skin types. I've tried Murad with a degree of success and would say the kits are comparable (along with the sulfur smell). I can live with the smell (as it doesn't seem to offend people around me -- I've asked) because it really makes my skin beautiful.

Popular Face Skincare Products