TIGI S Factor Serious Conditioner

TIGI S Factor Serious Conditioner

4.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Pca, Hydrolyzed Silk, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Fragrance, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Red 4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I’m so disappointed, I thought this would be a great conditioner due to the ratings. It caused my back and neck to break out and my scalp to peel. Can’t imagine what ingredient does that and why just to me? Really wasn’t all that impressed with the conditioning result it was just mediocre. Smelled ok I guess? Returned after about 5 uses.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absooutely love this product! Leaves my thick, straightened, highlighted, graying hair soft and shiny, without being greasy or flat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had my doubts but I've ended up loving this stuff as my regular conditioner. My doubts initially included the price, because it's $33 for 5 oz at Ulta and that's higher than even deva/LP/B&B, and the claims that with such a simple ingredients list it was a "serious" conditioner.
I'm still not happy about the price, but I bought my first legitimate tube at Ulta so that I can judge if the stuff from Amazon is fake later, but this conditioner is really incredible. I use it with the serious shampoo, which has enough slip to start the detangling process on its own. The tube is small, but I need to use less than with other conditioners to coat my strands 3-5 minutes. The trick for me has been to leave it in for several minutes, and upon rinsing the rest of my tangles just fall out.
I towel-dry my hair and then use the brand's Smoothing Lusterizer and let my hair air-dry overnight. My hair is soft, remains tangle free, has its own wimpy sorta wavy texture, and is not weighed down at all by the inclusion of sunflower oil or amodimethicone.

I've seriously been on the hunt for a good combination of s/c for the last couple YEARS since moving to a hard water area and growing my virgin hair out long. I think this stuff finally fits the bill. I'm also a big fan of Biosilk's conditioning balm, but I really hate the smell and it left my hair more prone to tangles.

I'd like to note that I initially tried this product because it's free of heavy oils, dimethicone, and lots of protein. I have a working theory that my "virgin" hair and hard water don't like to play nice with anything that acts as a coating on my strands.

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews quite frankly! I guess this product doesn't work as miraculously on every hair type. I discovered this treatment through my hair colorist a few years ago; after bleaching my hair (I'm platinum blonde), my hair is always in need of some serious conditioning. She would put this after washing my hair and leave would it in for 5-8 minutes, then rinse it off... WOW! Even after bleaching, that stuff makes my hair softer, detangled, and shiner than anything I've ever done, and I do buy 30$+ high quality hair masks (they've never done anything this great). I could feel the effect of it up until 3-4 hair wash later. I can vouch for the difference it used to make, as I haven't gotten my hands on it in a long time and my bleached hair miss it tremendously! I want to buy from Amazon but so many people complain of fake products, and in Canada it's almost impossible to find. I've been trying so many high end products that don't even come close to this, I guess I will have to risk it and order from somewhere online!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is lucky it even got 2 lippies and that's because it smells really good! Like strawberries and cream with mint. It looks thick and feels good and creamy and detangles like nobodys business but that's it. Once I get out shower and towel dry its rock hard and so tangly. And forget about when it air dries its like a rats nest and so much breakage from tangles. Its waaaayyyy over priced for such a small tube at 28.99 at the salon. I've used it three times so far all different ways and yuck my hair just feels and looks like I fried it. I have medium thick hair with finer strands its color treated frizzy wavy and very dry. This just didn't cut it for me. It makes it semi shiny but nobody wants a shiny rats nest it just looks dirty. Do not recommend at all. I wouldn't even purchase if it was 5 bucks!

on 8/16/2014 8:15:00 AM

It's a nice hair mask for slightly dry or thin hair, but it's not enough for thick, coarse hair in my opinion. I've found that hair masks work better if I use 3-4 of them in rotation, so I don't use any of them exclusively for a long time. This can be one in the rotation, because it does a decent job, especially at the first couple of times. The large packaging (jar) is unsanitary, and it will never become a HG for me, so I normally choose the small one, which comes in a tube.

on 7/8/2014 4:37:00 AM

My hair is very long, highlited, dry ends and extremely tangly. Indivitual hair is fine/normal, but overall my hair is thick. I consider my hairtype to be quite a challenge and I am very picky with conditioners.

This is one of my HG products. I love the smell and texture, which is quite thick. I use this as a normal conditioner, in every wash. It leaves my hair tangle-free and soft. I highly recommed this to tangly haired persons like me. Normal size bottle is really small and ridiciously expensive, but I always buy 750ml jar which last like 6 months in my use.

So good! For $40 this is a pretty pricey conditioner, but you're trying to save your hair sometimes price doesn't matter! Smells lovely like mint, has a nice consistency. Feels heavy when you apply it but when it dries it's so beautiful. My hair feels soft and manageable and that feeling lasts until my next wash. The packaging is alright, but you need to squeeze a lot to get enough product out - which makes me feel like i'm using heaps ): still a 5/5 :)

This didn't do anything for my hair. Really... Nope!
It's a thick conditioner, I would say that looks more like a hair mask treatment in a tube and the smell is delicious, smells like mint ..it's amazing!!
The first time I squeezed this into my hand it was like whoaaaa... this stuff is not liquid so it must be good... arrrgh, and I was disappointed.

My hair is VERY DRY, it's curly so it's already naturally dry... and I bleached it last summer and I color it pretty much every month (I don't use heat on, otherwise I would kill it).
I've tried a lot of stuff, some cheaper, some expensive...
I've seen products that seem to work (or do something) almost immediately, or at least mask some smoothiness effect. I've seen products that take a while to work. But for me, this one is none of them, it doesn't work for my hair - that's it.

I'm sorry, but I've seen drugstore conditioners doing more for my hair and this stuff is way too pricey to buy it again :/

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh :(

I wish this worked better for me :( Particularly as I bought the £25 industrial tub :/

So this is a pink conditioner with a gel-cum-cream consistency. Beautiful smell - pepperminty!

I tried using this for 5 mins, 1 min, for the duration of a bath, overnight... Nothing has wowed me. My hair feels no shinier, no softer, fluffier, and no better than if I used a low end high street conditioner... I can't explain it when so many of you lovely people have enjoyed it! Boo and/or hiss!

I'm plodding through using my vat of conditioner in the hope it's helping the health of my hair, if not the aesthetics (nothing to suggest it's BAD for my hair, so I'm saving my pride and taking the cup half full approach).

Saw a girl who recommends conditioning, shampooing then conditioning again to see if that finally woos me... But I'm not gonna hold my disappointed breath!