Essie Aruba Blue

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes! Yes! and YES!

This nail polish is the most luxury, yet understated shade of all which is a mix of sophistication and sexy! It is difficult to find something which has all those qualities. I am wearing this shade as I look out across the ocean from my balcony. It has the same sparkling tones as the deepest part of the ocean here in Perth, Australia. It is something you can wear to a sophisticated party, beach date or work! I usually wear this on Fridays because it gets me excited for the weekend!

As for skin tone, I am quite pale but have a light golden olive undertone. It pops beautifully and I believe it will glow on other tones, too. It looks gorgeous with either white gold and yellow gold jewellery!

on 8/4/2016 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I loved this blue!! This color goes well with my yellow toned, medium Asian-Indian skin. The color is rich and went on almost perfectly with just one coat. I had to apply a second coat as some areas were a bit too light - but that may be just due to the way in which I applied it.

on 7/15/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Aruba Blue is a pretty cobalt blue with a slightly pearl like finish. While I like this color I don't think it is unique and reminds me a great deal of ChG Frostbite polish.

The formula is decent but not great. For some reason I did get some bubbling with the 2nd coat. I used the same nail prep and products that I typically do and have never had a problem with bubbling polish. Apparently this can be a common problem with some Essie polishes.

Aruba Blue's consistency is nice, not too thick or too thin and the texture is okay. It was opaque in two coats. But as I mentioned I did get some bubbling and that is unacceptable to me.

For those of you who might be thinking that the bubbling happened because of a QDTC that isn't the case as it bubbled before the top coat.

Essie polishes seem to be hit or miss. The good ones are really good but others present a variety of problems. I consider this a middle of the road Essie. It was fine until the bubbling happened.

This comes packaged in the standard Essie polish bottle with the standard polish brush. It works but the brush could be better.

I deducted a couple of lippies due to the bubbling and as such I would not repurchase Aruba Blue. It is pretty but there are very similar colors out there with better formulas.

I will update in a few days on the wear.

UPDATE: I got average wear from this polish. On day 3 I had a few small chips but nothing significant. I probably could have gone another day or two but I wanted a change.

on 3/27/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this color! I'm an Essie fan anyway (DBP and formaldehyde free!), but this is one of my favorite Essie colors. It's a deep cobalt that is slightly pearlescent and looks good in any light. It goes on smoothly, takes two coats to get opaque coverage, and dries in a decent amount of time. It has some shine to it, but I always use a shiny top coat to bring out the color and "pearliness" a little more. I get compliments every time I have it on my fingers.

I love the colour – it's a darker royal blue with sparkles that looks great on tan skin. The formula is classic Essie and it dries fast to a glossy but not gel-like finish. Unfortunately it stains your nails a bit but I'm still going to repurchase it once I run out.

on 9/11/2015 6:19:00 AM

What a stunning blue! I usually stick to pastels in nail polishes, but when I saw this color, I knew I had to bought it. The shade is a tad lighter on nails than in the bottle, but it's still really vibrant, shiny and metallic. I originally thought that I wouldn't wear it to work, but it looks sophisticated.

I have had streaking with some other Essie polishes, but this applies like a dream. The polish applies smoothly and it was opaque on the second coat. It dries really fast, which is a big plus. The results were so shiny that a top coat wasn't necessary, but I added it to improve the staying power. On my nails, the polish lasted about 4-5 days. There was no chipping.

The only drawback is the removing process. I found it difficult to get the polish out of the cuticles. However, this is more related to my nail polish remover, which isn't effective enough.

I would buy Aruba Blue again in a heartbeat! I hope Essie will never discontinue the shade.

on 7/8/2015 3:28:00 PM

Aruba Blue is the most gorgeous, shimmery royal blue you can imagine. I was looking for a perfect blue for the summer, and this is it. The formula is great - the polish applied easily and flawlessly. I used to have an issue with Essie polishes - I found them to be streaky, patchy and hard to apply - but in the last couple of years, the formula has improved so much it's now one of my favourite brands.
Update: I wish I could give this more than five stars - I love the color that much.

on 12/7/2014 1:13:00 PM

This is a gorgeous blue but the look of it in the bottle doesn't quite translate the same when it's on your nails. The blue in the bottle is deep, multidimensional and shimmery. On, the color is more of a medium/vibrant blue - cobalt? - and there is no shimmer. I was a little disappointed in that difference but it is still a lovely shade. I have a fondess for blue nails since my wedding ring is a sapphire and I love the "match" so I'm a bit biased! You definitely need two, maybe even three, coats to get this opaque.

The formula goes on smoothly without being gloppy or thin. It dries quickly, without bubbles, and with a lot of shine. However, the polish chipped within a day, even with a good base and top coat (I love the OPI base and the Essie good-to-go for top)! :(

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

first off i have medium-dark skin and this color really makes it pop i love the shimmer in this nail polish because it almost looks pearly. this is a beautiful blue and its caught my eye so i knew i had to get it. the only cons are is that it takes a while to dry for me and the brush is too small but other than that its a great polish. i use seche vite base and top and it adds more shine. ill most likely repurchase in the future

Love this colour! I'm a sucker for blue polishes. I have put off buying this colour for a long time but finally caved a couple of weeks ago and I do not regret. It's such a versatile colour, it's lovely for the spring and summer because of the nice glowy finish it gives. But that maybe because I'm in a non spring colour phase right now. And I would imagine it lovely for the fall and winter as well. I'm usually against finishes that are not creme polishes but after this one I might have to pick up sexy divide which also has a similar finish.

Popular Polishes