China Glaze Purple Panic

China Glaze Purple Panic
image 1image 2image 3image 4

on 4/27/2016 2:59:00 PM

Honestly, this is the biggest disappointment ever. The colour of this polish is absolutely beautiful, but it is the worst quality polish I have ever experienced. It literally chips within minutes of it drying. I threw it out cause it just pains me to paint such a beautiful colour on my nails and then see it start chipping so fast. Such a shame.

on 4/4/2016 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A great fuschia pink. I'm probably always going to be on a quest to find the nail polish I've seen in a video on an Amazon promo picture which is a blue fuschia but until then this is as close as I'll get to it.
I don't care for the matte it dries to but when putting my Orly Sec 'N Dry top coat on and it becomes extremely shiny then it's beautiful both indoors and in the sun.
I found mine on eBay for $3.50.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Purple Panic isn't actually purple, it's more of a fuchsia - a shade that lies between pink and purple. I think that they put a large dose of pink into the shade because it is meant to be neon, and you can't make straight up purple shades neon as they are too dark. I'm not sure if it's a true neon; on one hand it's bright enough to class as one, but I think that true neon polishes kind of glow in the shadows, which this shade doesn't do. The polish does dry to a matte finish like China Glaze's most well-known neon polishes though, so maybe I'm just being too picky.

As it's a matte polish, it dries very quickly (under a minute). It doesn't need a white base, and is streak free in 2/3 coats - it depends on how thick you apply your polish.

And now for the bad news; the wear time for Purple Panic is very poor - even among China Glaze's other brights/neon matte finish polishes. It always chips on me within one day, and I've tried different base/topcoat combinations that work well with my other China Glaze polishes.

Even with this huge downside, I still adore Purple Panic and regularly wear it. I'm not too sure if I recommend it or not - maybe to someone looking for a mega-bright purple/pink polish to wear with a certain outfit on a special occasion.

on 6/25/2015 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't find this to be purple at all, more a neon pink and that's fine with me. I love the colour in the bottle but the application was streaky and the finish is very dull, kinda sad for such a bright fun colour. Gave it a 3 because the colour is wonderful but the finish and application are terrible. I am going to look for the same colour in another nail polish line. Would not repurchase.

on 8/15/2014 11:20:00 PM

To make it short: Beautiful color, terrible quality. It chipped away the same day I put it on! And not only on one nail, all of them. Might help with a top coat but that would change the beautiful finish there is to it when it dries.

the other day I stopped in a ulta no reason really and I came across the nail polish section, I seen they had a deal on china glaze nail polish 2 for $10 so I of course bought a few bottles, one being purple panic. looking at the packaging you see more of a hot pink colour not purple ( not sure about the name purple panic :P) anyways this polish alone In my local ulta runs around $7.50+ . I have bought china glaze in the past and have been very impressed with the result so the pricing didn't bother me. as soon as I got home I wanted to try out this colour so I put on one coat, it was some what shear in 1 or 2 spots but then again that was coat #1 as the polish dried I noticed it was matte. now looking at the outside of the bottle no where does it say the polish is matte. I put another coat on, after coat number 3 i was satisfied with the coverage and colour so i went ahead and placed a top coat on. this of course made the polish more glossy. which was more my style, through out the day the polish did chip quite a bit but that's just my experience with it. While removing the polish i realized it did stain my finger nail. so i do highly recommend doing a base coat first!!! anyways long story short I DO recommend this nail polish IF you are looking for a BRIGHT pink colour.

here are some pros and cons

Pros: Great colour
Drys quickly
Neon
Cons: Chips easily
Stains finger nail
drys matte

on 7/23/2014 10:56:00 AM

This was my very first China glaze polish I ever bought a couple of years ago, and I was scared to buy China Glaze bc of Purple Panic, Even though I love this Color I have never seen a PURPLE_PINK neon quite like this on me, yes it dries matte and fixed with Top coat but this polish for some reason or another chips like crazy. I can easily make any manicure on me last a week and if I am lucky almost 2 weeks (rare occasion) so for this to chip so easily was what made me scared to purchase china glaze. after years of trying out more CG colors and realized they did have good formulas and staying power like OPI, I gave Purple Panic another go.. its too bad this color is GOSH darn Stunning, but this nail polish chipped on me like the same day I applied and that never actually happens on me.. EVER...... I hate that this color is just out of this world beautiful. Its Neon w/o being too clashy. which is why I love it so much.
Edit Review.
I redid my nails on Sunday night with this color and Monday morning my whole nail polish peeled off I will not repurchase this color ever again. I need formulas that have staying power no matter how beautiful this color is.. I have no tolerance for redoing my nails on a daily basis.... I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT.

on 6/18/2014 8:56:00 PM

i love this polish!!!
its so pretty and vibrant.
it's the perfect formula in my opinion! not too wet and not too stiff. I was able to apply it without it getting all over my cuticles!
it does dry to a matte finish so you need a top coat!

on 6/3/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a newbie to China Glaze and this was my second polish from them. LOVE it. I know some people have issues with the formula so thats why I held back so long. I did not have any issues. Mine stayed on for a week with zero wear.

I only have this happen with OPI, Orly, and Zoya. Amazing quality and the color is in your face neon fuschia pink. I would not call this purple though. it's very much a bright neon pink. I have also discovered that China Glaze is one of like a small handful of companies that carry neons. The others like Essie etc aren't true neons.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was so disappointed with this product! I love China Glaze and usually never have problems with this, but with purple panic, I did! First of all, I love the color. It has a bit of shimmer with a matte finish, which I'm all for. I just could not get it to stay on my nails for more than a few hours without chipping. It was literally flaking off all over my desk. I didn't even touch anything and it just flaked right off. I keep giving it more chances though because the color is so pretty. I've tried it with a few different types of base coats and top coats. I've even tried it with white, black, and purple underneath. Still, it wouldn't stay. I tried buffing my nails a bit and I tried roughing them up for some grip. I did thin coats and thick coats. I made sure they were dry before I added more. Nothing worked! I'm hoping I just got a bad bottle.

Popular Polishes