China Glaze Shocking Pink

China Glaze Shocking Pink

on 8/10/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased it at Meijer's grocery and paid an arm and a leg for it. ($7.50 + tax). The color is fantastic. When I started applying the polish I used a base coat and I had to apply 5 coats to get it to look right. It was streaky. I can usually get away with not putting on polish for 3 days but this started chipping with in 2 hours. That's a lot of money for something that works like crap.

Awful. The color is beautiful, perfect for summer, very bright and fun, looks lovely with a tan but the formula is horrible. It's patchy, streaky and it chips within hours. I always use a top coat but it's not enough and since you have to apply like 3 coats to get an even application, the polish starts peeling off like crazy. I can literally take it off nail by nail just by pulling it, it comes right off. Money down the drain.

This color is a nice bright pink for summer but the formula is not good. The formula is streaky and patchy even with 3 coats. I literally had to use 4 coats for an opaque coverage which shouldn't be necessary. Since I had to use so many coats it took a lot of rubbing to get it all off. It also chipped easily. I won't repurchase this color but Pink Voltage from china glaze is a really nice bright pink from the neon collection with a better formula.

The color is so tacky that it's good. However, the formula is definitely more difficult to work with than your typical China Glaze polish. I put on three coats and it still has bald spots. Overall, I like the color, but I don't like it enough to compensate for the bad formula, so no repurchase.

on 3/17/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Shocking Pink is a bright neon pink creme polish. I love the colour very much because it's the perfect neon pink!

Application: Consistency was alright. It is a little streaky, which is common with neon polishes but the top coat I use (Seche Vite) smooths it out nicely and no visible streaks can be seen.

Wear: I wore these on my toes and 1-2 weeks later, the polish was still very bright and did not chip much.

I really like this polish, so my advice is that you build 2-3 coats of this in very very thin coats so that it doesn't turn too streaky and sticky.

on 11/14/2013 10:20:00 PM

The colour is absolutely stunning. It's very very bright on the nails and definetely eye-catching. The only downfall is the formula.. it's very streaky and requires probably 5 coats, however, each coat dries really fast due to the thin consistency which doesn't make the several coats too bad. Overall, I loove the neon-bright colour but it is quite streaky which lets it down a little.

Shocking Pink is such a great color but the formulation on the polish is TERRIBLE. It is a streaky mess that takes 5-6 coats to even out. The polish itself is very brittle and it chips terribly within the first day of wearing. It is a neon so it dries quickly to a matte finish but it looks lovely under a coat of seche vite.

I first got this as a pedicure and loved it so much I bought my own bottle. I reserve it only for my toes now because it chips so badly on my nails that it isn't worth the effort.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is beautiful, unique, bright and it makes me look more tanned. I get compliments whenever I wear it. However the formula is not good. It's streaky and chips pretty fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love, love, love the color of Shocking Pink! I used it first as my mani color, and I loved how it popped against my fair, yellow-toned skin. I tried it for the first time on my toes a couple of weeks ago, and I love it on them too! It just pops (obviously, being a neon and all), but it also seems to make my skin look more tan. While I adore the color, the formula is (as another reviewer noted) unfortunate. It is streaky. There's no way to get around that. On my hands, I got away with two coats. On my toes, I needed three coats to even everything out, at least on my big toes. All the streakiness is covered up by the third coat, but what I really don't like is how thin the formula is. It's quite hard to work with, and definitely not something I would personally recommend to a novice. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but I am proficient at painting my nails. Being a neon, it's matte so unless you like that look, you're definitely going to want to top this off with a topcoat. I like shiny nails, so I always use a topcoat. I also didn't have any problems with chipping (but maybe that has to do with the topcoat?). I have a feeling this is going to be one of my go-to colors this spring/summer. :)

on 4/18/2012 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

WORST POLISH EVER!!!!!!
STREAKY!
CHIPS AFTER ONE SHOWER!!!!
EXPENSIVE!
I am so upset that I bought this polish.

Popular Polishes