Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this product daily as my "signature scent." I get compliments all the time whenever I hug someone. I love this smell much more than Warm Vanilla Sugar. I hope it isn't true that B&BW are discontinuing this scent, but luckily I stocked up durning their last semi annual sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've always been greatly appreciative of all things vanilla, and think I may have found a new favourite in BBW's Fresh Vanilla line. I have this in the body cream and body spray, a soft creamy tantalizing blend of warm vanilla milk and chocolate pralines. Cozy, feminine, and infinitely comforting, this is a wonderful scent for winter. Nothing makes me feel more coddled than slathering the thick rich cream on after a steaming hot shower, getting into my favourite ratty old sweater and trackpants, and settling down in bed with a favourite book or a good movie. I much prefer Fresh Vanilla to Warm Vanilla Sugar as the latter, as every bit as yummy-smelling as it sounds, has a tacky sandalwood note that comes off as a tad too masculine for my tastes. Fresh Vanilla is sophisticatedly feminine, seductive but subtle, and has always won me a compliment or two on the train-ride home. Layered with the lotion/ body cream in the same scent, the sweetly heady whiff of vanilla will linger all day long. My only gripe is regarding the packaging, which I find a little awkward. Though the squeeze-tube is effective to some extent, it becomes difficult to get the remnants of the cream out towards the end. Not one to waste such luscious product, I've taken to cutting the tube in half to scoop out the cream. I wish I didn't have to because it's not exactly the most sanitary thing in the world to do. But oh well. I can't find anything else to nitpick about so I'll round up this review by heartily recommending this line to all vanilla lovers. Even if it doesn't make your heart do cartwheels, it's bound to evoke a purr or two of appreciation.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

why are they discontinuing this great scent?????????????? I especially love the body cream & body butter. Will complain to BBW corporate office on this one. The breathe line-which i have the wash, the scrub & the cream w/tanning lotion is just meh-won't repurchase that breath line again. doesn't smell like anything at all to me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i left a review for the body splash a while ago but i have recently discovered that the body cream smells much more pleasant than the body splash. the body splash smells a little more like coconut IMO but the body cream brings out the true scent of the fresh vanilla line. it also has wayyy better staying power than the splash or edt. so if you like the fresh vanilla line, buy the cream and use it as a fragrance instead of the body splash. it will literally last all day and the scent is wonderful. it has a note mixed with the vanilla that makes it more wearable for everyday and makes it different from other vanilla scents. this is my HG fragrance<3

on 10/19/2005 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i had been debating whether to buy this since i have wvs, but finally i gave in, this fresh vanilla stuff is BOMB its better than WVS cuz its not so much of a cookie, sugary food smell, even though i like WVS, i LOVE fresh vanilla. i will definetely buy again, i snatched up the body wash, lotion, cream and spray. it does smell "fresh" er than wvs, and my boyfriend likes the smell too. the way it smells does depend on body chemistry...the avon vanilla smells good too.

Popular Lotions / Creams