Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.7

on 5/16/2008 10:58:00 PM

Although they say they are no longer making this one anymore, this is one I would buy again and again. The smell is very vanilla, like pure vanilla where as warm vanilla suger had a vanilla, muskey, sandlewood smell. This is just vanilla and if you like that vanilla scent, this one is definately for you.

on 2/11/2007 11:51:00 AM

I wanted so badly to like this fragrance--in the lotion, spray, body wash, anything! But it just didn't work for me. I love how it smells in the bottle, but on me it turns entirely too "musky" or something. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me--I have a co-worker that wears this and she smells more like musk than vanilla...sigh...since they are discontinuing it, maybe they will bring back their original vanilla scent, which was really nice. I think it was called Vanilla Bean. Yummy.

I didn't realize they were discontinuing this one. I must say I do like Fresh Vanilla. It's not a scent I would wear everyday, because it does get a little too strong. Warm Vanilla Sugar is nice too, but that also is too strong afterawhile. Maybe it's just me and vanilla scents. I really do like the scent, but I find them a tad too sweet. My favorite is Vanilla Lace from VS. I find that more of a true vanilla. As far as Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla. It's just average in my opinion. Nothing special, but I would discontinue other scents before this one if it was up to me. This scent is comforting in the winter. I am sure though it will be back during their annual sales.

I was looking for a vanilla edt to compliment my Gap Smooth Sandalwood, and on a whim at the big Bath and Body Works sale I purchased the Fresh Vanilla edt. I tried it on and liked it. So when I saw near the register there was a bottle of $5 Fresh Vanilla lotion, I picked it up too. But once at home, the scent wasn't appealing to me anymore. It's a very strong, vanilla scent that just isn't right for me. The moisturizing power isn't really anything, but I don't care about that. Despite these flaws, I'm going to keep trying it to see if I can make it work though. UPDATE: Nothing is working. I'm going to see if a friend wants it.

on 12/25/2005 5:17:00 PM

I tested this a few weeks ago, liked it, but wasnt blown away by it.
I love fragrance of all sorts, byt my search for a lovely neutral vanilla with a little depth has been not so sucessful, VBN, smells great but it's a little too foody and burnt..but I am cautiously optimistic that I have found my HG(this is described as pure vanilla, a touch of praline, and a vanilla milk)
Finally, I decided to make the purchase, and I bought the wash, cream, and there was a special so I got the EDT as well. Well I love it. It smells lovely and light and very inobtrusive...My significent other has deemed it as "the perfect scent..period"
And, it layers perfectly with every fragrance I own for the days I want a little more oomph, and stands easily alone on the days I dont want to wear a heady fragrance...
I love love love this..If BBW ever discontinues this I will kill them.

on 11/26/2005 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice true vanilla fragrance scented body lotion. It is not overly sweet or foody, just a basic vanilla. It moisturizes nicely and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, even during the cold weather days. I like to use the shower gel and body splash with this lotion.

on 10/18/2005 9:03:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but the scent of vanilla milk and praline was too much for me. It is a nice scent, however, and seems to come somewhere between the discontinued Creamy Coconut and the hazelnut scent. I think I would like this on someone else, just not me.

I always found Warm Vanilla Sugar to be a bit too cloying, so I was pumped to try Fresh Vanilla. It didn't disappoint. It has all the vanilla goodness of, say, homemade ice cream, but not the overpowering sugary smell of WVS. It just leaves my skin pleasantly vanilla-ish. I have the body cream and shower gel (getting ready to try the gel out for the first time today). I picked up both because I had a coupon. The body cream goes on with a nice fresh scent and lasts pretty well. I put it on last night and can still smell it on my skin today at noon.
No BBW fragrance can ever replace my beloved Chanel Coco Mademoiselle for a real perfume, but for a nice comforting lotion and shower gel, this rocks.
This review is only for the body cream...the other things smelled good in the store as well, and the body butter was luscious when I sampled it. My only note of caution is for the body splash, which smelled like vanilla extract...however when the alcohol in it dries down this may go away.

on 9/23/2005 11:41:00 AM

I agree with marshmello, who says that this smells like Warm Vanilla Sugar, but with less sandalwood. When I tried the lotion on at the store, I thought, WHAT?! This smells just like WVS! It's a very nice scent (I like WVS on a cold day), but I don't understand why it smells so similar to something they already carry.

on 9/8/2005 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a new scent being released for the fall. I purchased the travel sizes. I'm really loving this new vanilla. Upon application I can distinctly smell the actual vanilla pod/bean. Upon dry down it wears into a beautiful soft and a bit floral and slighly musky vanilla on me. I don't like the WVS as I find it a bit to gourmand, childish scent IMO ( I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO IS A FAN). I wore this new vanilla w/ the VS vanilla lace body spray and the combo was excellent, and it lasted. Hooray. I know this will be FBW.

Popular Lotions / Creams