Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.8

on 1/5/2012 3:22:00 PM

I love vanilla scents and this scent is particularly perfect for the cozy winter weather. My only gripe is that the scent isn't long lasting and having to reapplying it does get annoying. It is quite moisturizing though unlike other lotions I've tried. I'm kind of on the fence about whether I'd repurchase this or not but I do love the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer this scent over the "musky/old-lady" Warm Vanilla Sugar scent any day. It isnt as over-powering, and lasts all day. Will repurchase again.... only in the winter months. Using any vanilla scent during the summer, for some reason, gives me migraines. Overall a good buy.

on 11/18/2008 8:20:00 AM

I bought a few small bottles of this back in June during the semi-annual sale for 75% off, and just recently have been using it since I like vanilla scents when it gets cold out. This one isn't as creamy and fresh to me as the original Vanilla Bean from the 90s, but a little better than the Warm Vanilla Sugar since it doesn't have as much of a strong sugary undersmell. I do prefer the Rice Flower & Shea over this one, which I also purchased at the same time and find it to be creamier and softer than this one. However, this vanilla is still articficial and fake smelling to me & it gives me a headache.

If there's one scent I hate with a passion, it's Vanilla. Someone gave me this and I wish I could swap it but I think it's like old now. The smell of this reminds me of flavored cigarettes. If you like this scent, go smell a flavored cigarette so you can realize this smells terrible and stop wearing it.

on 6/8/2008 11:53:00 PM

My search for a vanilla scent is over. This is it! Very mild and milky, not too sweet. I love it. This was on sale for 75% off and I had to go back the next day to buy off all the body cream left-all 5 of them, bought 2 the previous day. Very nice to use as a hand cream too. I paid around $2.60 for each 8 oz tube. Great deal!

on 12/30/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Like some other reviewers, I liked B&BW Fresh Vanilla much better than Warm Vanilla Sugar (which reminded me of playdoh). FV smelled a little more like vanilla, but after half an hour seemed flat, no dimension. If you want a very light, basic vanilla scent, then try FV. IMO, Vanilla Bean Noel is much better and has a stronger vanilla scent, mixed with more sugar, without the earthy clay scent.

on 8/19/2007 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a vanilla freak. Well I ran out of my warm vanilla sugar lotion one time so i decided to try fresh vanilla. both smell so good, but this one is less sweet, which is good. Now im outta this one too...i really wanna try french vanilla though, but they only have that in a candle =( and it smells divine. 5 lippies to fresh vanilla!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this product daily as my "signature scent." I get compliments all the time whenever I hug someone. I love this smell much more than Warm Vanilla Sugar. I hope it isn't true that B&BW are discontinuing this scent, but luckily I stocked up durning their last semi annual sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've always been greatly appreciative of all things vanilla, and think I may have found a new favourite in BBW's Fresh Vanilla line. I have this in the body cream and body spray, a soft creamy tantalizing blend of warm vanilla milk and chocolate pralines. Cozy, feminine, and infinitely comforting, this is a wonderful scent for winter. Nothing makes me feel more coddled than slathering the thick rich cream on after a steaming hot shower, getting into my favourite ratty old sweater and trackpants, and settling down in bed with a favourite book or a good movie. I much prefer Fresh Vanilla to Warm Vanilla Sugar as the latter, as every bit as yummy-smelling as it sounds, has a tacky sandalwood note that comes off as a tad too masculine for my tastes. Fresh Vanilla is sophisticatedly feminine, seductive but subtle, and has always won me a compliment or two on the train-ride home. Layered with the lotion/ body cream in the same scent, the sweetly heady whiff of vanilla will linger all day long. My only gripe is regarding the packaging, which I find a little awkward. Though the squeeze-tube is effective to some extent, it becomes difficult to get the remnants of the cream out towards the end. Not one to waste such luscious product, I've taken to cutting the tube in half to scoop out the cream. I wish I didn't have to because it's not exactly the most sanitary thing in the world to do. But oh well. I can't find anything else to nitpick about so I'll round up this review by heartily recommending this line to all vanilla lovers. Even if it doesn't make your heart do cartwheels, it's bound to evoke a purr or two of appreciation.

on 12/16/2006 2:02:00 PM

The body butter smells like play-dough to me.Edit: My tastes have changed. The splash, edt, and shower gel all smell like sweet vanilla to me. This is a good layering scent for any vanilla lover.

Popular Lotions / Creams