Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've always been greatly appreciative of all things vanilla, and think I may have found a new favourite in BBW's Fresh Vanilla line. I have this in the body cream and body spray, a soft creamy tantalizing blend of warm vanilla milk and chocolate pralines. Cozy, feminine, and infinitely comforting, this is a wonderful scent for winter. Nothing makes me feel more coddled than slathering the thick rich cream on after a steaming hot shower, getting into my favourite ratty old sweater and trackpants, and settling down in bed with a favourite book or a good movie. I much prefer Fresh Vanilla to Warm Vanilla Sugar as the latter, as every bit as yummy-smelling as it sounds, has a tacky sandalwood note that comes off as a tad too masculine for my tastes. Fresh Vanilla is sophisticatedly feminine, seductive but subtle, and has always won me a compliment or two on the train-ride home. Layered with the lotion/ body cream in the same scent, the sweetly heady whiff of vanilla will linger all day long. My only gripe is regarding the packaging, which I find a little awkward. Though the squeeze-tube is effective to some extent, it becomes difficult to get the remnants of the cream out towards the end. Not one to waste such luscious product, I've taken to cutting the tube in half to scoop out the cream. I wish I didn't have to because it's not exactly the most sanitary thing in the world to do. But oh well. I can't find anything else to nitpick about so I'll round up this review by heartily recommending this line to all vanilla lovers. Even if it doesn't make your heart do cartwheels, it's bound to evoke a purr or two of appreciation.

on 6/28/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This smells like Warm Vanilla Sugar without the warmth or the sugar. By which I mean that it smells rather pleasant but also rather bland. I still like it a lot, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I work in an office and handle papers all day, and I love to put this creamy wonderful lotion on my dried out hands. I am a person who tends to rest their chin on their hand a lot and I must say I enjoy the smell whenever I do...this is quickly tied as my favorite scent from BBW (it's tied w/ sweet pea). I purchased this during the semi-annual sale even though it was not one of the sale items-- it was THAT worth it. I have the body spray, too.

Popular Lotions / Creams