Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer this scent over the "musky/old-lady" Warm Vanilla Sugar scent any day. It isnt as over-powering, and lasts all day. Will repurchase again.... only in the winter months. Using any vanilla scent during the summer, for some reason, gives me migraines. Overall a good buy.

on 12/28/2008 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just brought this at the semi annual sale for cheap, but still on the fence about if I like it or not. I got the body spray years ago before they discontinued the line and liked how it was a less sandalwoody/musky (neither qualities I prefer) version of WVS. I've been waiting to get the lotion or cream version since then, and I don't know if it was worth waiting for. This is a much lighter scent in cream form than anything else that I've tried from BBW, as in I really need to try and smell it, which is good. But aside from the lack of noticeable sandalwood/musk, I smell something else earthy that I didn't smell in the body spray. Clay? I find it interferes with the vanilla smell and I don't like it much.

So good news is that it isn't strong, you can practically pretend this stuff is unscented. Wait, good news for me since I didn't pay full price (and the fact that I like unobtrusive scents in public). But if you go to BBW for the scents and came out with something not (very) scented and paid full price for it, probably not good news. And before you ask, I like the scents, just not the strength of them. Bad news is that when I do sniff myself, I don't prefer this over any other vanilla type scents that I own, probably even less.

on 12/30/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Like some other reviewers, I liked B&BW Fresh Vanilla much better than Warm Vanilla Sugar (which reminded me of playdoh). FV smelled a little more like vanilla, but after half an hour seemed flat, no dimension. If you want a very light, basic vanilla scent, then try FV. IMO, Vanilla Bean Noel is much better and has a stronger vanilla scent, mixed with more sugar, without the earthy clay scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SCENT IT IS POSSIBLY MY FAVORITE FROM BBW AND I DO LIKE IT MORE THAN THE WARM VANILLA SUGAR. I NOTICED HOWEVER THAT CERTAIN SCENTS FROM BBW GIVE ME BAD REACTIONS. THEY WILL MAKE ME ITCHY, RED, & BUMPY. IT ONLY GETS WORSE THE MORE I USE THE PRODUCT. THIS HAPPENED TO HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE SCENTS SUN RIPENED RASPBERRY WAS ANOTHER ONE THAT HAS CAUSED BAD REACTIONS. THE WARM VANILLA SUGAR DID NOT CAUSE ANY REACTIONS SO I THINK THAT I WILL GO BACK TO USING THAT SCENT. OTHER SCENTS THAT I LOVE THAT HAVE NOT CAUSED REACTIONS WERE BLACK RASPBERRY VANILLA, MOONLIGHT PATH, & BROWN SUGAR & FIG. THERE IS AN INDGREDIANT IN CERTAIN SCENTS THAT CAN CAUSE REACTIONS ON SENSATIVE SKIN. I RECOMMEND USING THE GEL AND LOTION FORMS THE CREAMS HAVE ALL GIVEN ME REACTIONS.

on 1/5/2006 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The quality of Bath and Body Works lotions/creams is normal--nothing special, but does an acceptable job of moisturizing. The scent of this lotion is wonderful--warm and soothing without knocking you over with sweetness. I prefer it over the Warm Vanilla Sugar because it sometimes can be to strong and sweet. This vanilla is also more "workplace friendly" and I even use the Healing Hand Cream at work.

on 10/19/2005 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i had been debating whether to buy this since i have wvs, but finally i gave in, this fresh vanilla stuff is BOMB its better than WVS cuz its not so much of a cookie, sugary food smell, even though i like WVS, i LOVE fresh vanilla. i will definetely buy again, i snatched up the body wash, lotion, cream and spray. it does smell "fresh" er than wvs, and my boyfriend likes the smell too. the way it smells does depend on body chemistry...the avon vanilla smells good too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Well I went to smell this... to be honest it smells alright in the bottle, on the skin initially doesnt smell that good on your skin or atleast mine but over the day it got a bit better...Its nice but there is STILL something wrong with it, it might just be my nose but the body spray doesnt have that plastic-fake note that lingers around with the lotion... Im waiting to smells VBN, I personally thought Warm Vanilla Sugar was too musky or had a sharp note to it..

Popular Lotions / Creams