Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.5

on 1/5/2012 3:22:00 PM

I love vanilla scents and this scent is particularly perfect for the cozy winter weather. My only gripe is that the scent isn't long lasting and having to reapplying it does get annoying. It is quite moisturizing though unlike other lotions I've tried. I'm kind of on the fence about whether I'd repurchase this or not but I do love the smell.

It smells so syrupy to me. Not like vanilla at all. Another one of those "vanillas" that smell like burnt sugar

on 11/18/2008 8:20:00 AM

I bought a few small bottles of this back in June during the semi-annual sale for 75% off, and just recently have been using it since I like vanilla scents when it gets cold out. This one isn't as creamy and fresh to me as the original Vanilla Bean from the 90s, but a little better than the Warm Vanilla Sugar since it doesn't have as much of a strong sugary undersmell. I do prefer the Rice Flower & Shea over this one, which I also purchased at the same time and find it to be creamier and softer than this one. However, this vanilla is still articficial and fake smelling to me & it gives me a headache.

on 6/8/2008 11:53:00 PM

My search for a vanilla scent is over. This is it! Very mild and milky, not too sweet. I love it. This was on sale for 75% off and I had to go back the next day to buy off all the body cream left-all 5 of them, bought 2 the previous day. Very nice to use as a hand cream too. I paid around $2.60 for each 8 oz tube. Great deal!

on 5/16/2008 10:58:00 PM

Although they say they are no longer making this one anymore, this is one I would buy again and again. The smell is very vanilla, like pure vanilla where as warm vanilla suger had a vanilla, muskey, sandlewood smell. This is just vanilla and if you like that vanilla scent, this one is definately for you.

on 8/19/2007 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a vanilla freak. Well I ran out of my warm vanilla sugar lotion one time so i decided to try fresh vanilla. both smell so good, but this one is less sweet, which is good. Now im outta this one too...i really wanna try french vanilla though, but they only have that in a candle =( and it smells divine. 5 lippies to fresh vanilla!

on 2/11/2007 11:51:00 AM

I wanted so badly to like this fragrance--in the lotion, spray, body wash, anything! But it just didn't work for me. I love how it smells in the bottle, but on me it turns entirely too "musky" or something. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me--I have a co-worker that wears this and she smells more like musk than vanilla...sigh...since they are discontinuing it, maybe they will bring back their original vanilla scent, which was really nice. I think it was called Vanilla Bean. Yummy.

I didn't realize they were discontinuing this one. I must say I do like Fresh Vanilla. It's not a scent I would wear everyday, because it does get a little too strong. Warm Vanilla Sugar is nice too, but that also is too strong afterawhile. Maybe it's just me and vanilla scents. I really do like the scent, but I find them a tad too sweet. My favorite is Vanilla Lace from VS. I find that more of a true vanilla. As far as Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla. It's just average in my opinion. Nothing special, but I would discontinue other scents before this one if it was up to me. This scent is comforting in the winter. I am sure though it will be back during their annual sales.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

why are they discontinuing this great scent?????????????? I especially love the body cream & body butter. Will complain to BBW corporate office on this one. The breathe line-which i have the wash, the scrub & the cream w/tanning lotion is just meh-won't repurchase that breath line again. doesn't smell like anything at all to me.

on 12/16/2006 2:02:00 PM

The body butter smells like play-dough to me.Edit: My tastes have changed. The splash, edt, and shower gel all smell like sweet vanilla to me. This is a good layering scent for any vanilla lover.

Popular Lotions / Creams