Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

4.3

on 12/31/2008 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the scent of this lotion! I owned a small lotion of Fresh Vanilla previously, along with the matching body spray, and recently picked this up again during the semi-annual sale. I love most vanilla fragrances, so it is not odd that I enjoy the scent of this lotion a lot. The quality is great and consistent with other B&BW signature collection lotions. It is moisturizing, but not at all greasy, and the scent of the lotion stays on the skin for a long time. This differs from Warm Vanilla Sugar in the sense that it is a fresh and slightly floral vanilla that isn't too sweet, rather than a rich, foody vanilla. Plus, even though I wear Warm Vanilla Sugar all year around, Fresh Vanilla is much, much more appealing during spring/summer, in my opinion. I remember wearing this on my way to Florida on spring break, and I still continued to wear it throughout the trip. Now, the scent of this brings back pleasant memories of the trip. I like wearing this lotion with vanilla based perfumes as well, because it makes a great combination. Will repurchase during semi- annual sales!

on 12/3/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this cream with the matching shower gel on eBay after reading the rave reviews, and after using up the whole bottle, I've decided that it's a bit too rich for my taste. It's a very deep, creamy/sweet scent that smells like the good vanilla that Ina Garten is always after me to get. :-) I will finish what I have, but probably won't repurchase.

on 8/8/2007 11:25:00 PM

This isn't a bakery type of vanilla scent, it is more of a floral blended with vanilla. It's nice and naturally I am drawn to it, since I love vanilla fragrances. However, I find Warm Vanilla Sugar from B&BW to be more sensual than this. I will mainly stick to that and Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, which is a die-hard favorite of mine. Fresh Vanilla is very nice though and I might purchase again if I get the chance to, because I can't get enough of good vanilla scents and this is one of them.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this product daily as my "signature scent." I get compliments all the time whenever I hug someone. I love this smell much more than Warm Vanilla Sugar. I hope it isn't true that B&BW are discontinuing this scent, but luckily I stocked up durning their last semi annual sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew that they were getting rid of this last fall because my local store is a flagship and they took it off the shelves. This and brown sugar fig were the 2005 fall scents I think. Anyway, they are both excellent. I love this compared to warm vanilla sugar. That is sick and over used.
This is warm, spicy, sexy. It has more character and is a sophistcated vanilla. I've only seen the spray and body wash at their sale though, but thankfully I have a full bottle of lotion left. UPDATE: They need to bring this back, I'm seriously pissed off at bbw. It's rediculous to make a good product that people love and take it away. It says alot when you keep crap on your shelves and it sells...what is wrong? Are kids buying those scents or something?

on 5/24/2006 6:41:00 PM

I love Fresh Vanilla, its one of my favs from BBW. Smells a lot better than Warm Vanilla Sugar IMO. Scent lasts all day & moisturizes well

on 10/30/2005 6:30:00 AM

Just like the name says, it IS "fresh vanilla". Much lighter than Warm Vanilla Sugar, which I found to be a little too heavy. I have received compliments on this when layered with the shower gel and the body splash, and it stays all day. I even received a compliment from my sister, who HATES anything vanilla. So there you go. Good stuff.

on 10/4/2005 1:16:00 AM

ok, I'm the misfit of this group. I DO NOT care for Fresh Vanilla. To me it's very, very sweet.A couple reviewers described it as having a vanilla bean pudding scent. I agree. Sort of vanilla bean pudding meets the Marshmallow Man. I like a nice light scent of vanilla that doesn't necessarily have to linger. THIS LINGERS ALL DAY. I'm a HUGE fan of BBW products and will continue to shop there. I just won't be repurchasing Fresh vanilla. Also, at BBW you can return or exchange ANY product that you HAVE USED with receipt for something else. Their customer service and staff are wonderful!!!!

on 9/25/2005 9:20:00 PM

Mmmm this gets a 4.5 in my rating I smoothed some lotion on my hands while exiting the mall and I was pleasantly surprised. Most vanilla suffocates my senses, but this is well you guessed it fresher and cleaner and much softer than other vanilla based scents. I've tried Vanilla Lace by VS and that was too cloying and artificial and WNS which was a little to intense for me. This is a great vanilla scent which I'm sure will grow on me, besides the price is moderate and this is one to layer with other scents.

I LOVE this! I wear it with my VS Dream angels heavenly. I agree with the other girls, this is way better than the WVS which is too sweet and coconutty. This is a fresh vanilla that will make you smile :)It is way more clean and toned down than the WVS. This is a keeper! (I had some coupons so i got 3 bottles of this.

Popular Lotions / Creams