Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

No Image

3.9

on 12/25/2005 5:17:00 PM

I tested this a few weeks ago, liked it, but wasnt blown away by it.
I love fragrance of all sorts, byt my search for a lovely neutral vanilla with a little depth has been not so sucessful, VBN, smells great but it's a little too foody and burnt..but I am cautiously optimistic that I have found my HG(this is described as pure vanilla, a touch of praline, and a vanilla milk)
Finally, I decided to make the purchase, and I bought the wash, cream, and there was a special so I got the EDT as well. Well I love it. It smells lovely and light and very inobtrusive...My significent other has deemed it as "the perfect scent..period"
And, it layers perfectly with every fragrance I own for the days I want a little more oomph, and stands easily alone on the days I dont want to wear a heady fragrance...
I love love love this..If BBW ever discontinues this I will kill them.

on 9/8/2005 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a new scent being released for the fall. I purchased the travel sizes. I'm really loving this new vanilla. Upon application I can distinctly smell the actual vanilla pod/bean. Upon dry down it wears into a beautiful soft and a bit floral and slighly musky vanilla on me. I don't like the WVS as I find it a bit to gourmand, childish scent IMO ( I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO IS A FAN). I wore this new vanilla w/ the VS vanilla lace body spray and the combo was excellent, and it lasted. Hooray. I know this will be FBW.

on 12/31/2008 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the scent of this lotion! I owned a small lotion of Fresh Vanilla previously, along with the matching body spray, and recently picked this up again during the semi-annual sale. I love most vanilla fragrances, so it is not odd that I enjoy the scent of this lotion a lot. The quality is great and consistent with other B&BW signature collection lotions. It is moisturizing, but not at all greasy, and the scent of the lotion stays on the skin for a long time. This differs from Warm Vanilla Sugar in the sense that it is a fresh and slightly floral vanilla that isn't too sweet, rather than a rich, foody vanilla. Plus, even though I wear Warm Vanilla Sugar all year around, Fresh Vanilla is much, much more appealing during spring/summer, in my opinion. I remember wearing this on my way to Florida on spring break, and I still continued to wear it throughout the trip. Now, the scent of this brings back pleasant memories of the trip. I like wearing this lotion with vanilla based perfumes as well, because it makes a great combination. Will repurchase during semi- annual sales!

on 8/8/2007 11:25:00 PM

This isn't a bakery type of vanilla scent, it is more of a floral blended with vanilla. It's nice and naturally I am drawn to it, since I love vanilla fragrances. However, I find Warm Vanilla Sugar from B&BW to be more sensual than this. I will mainly stick to that and Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, which is a die-hard favorite of mine. Fresh Vanilla is very nice though and I might purchase again if I get the chance to, because I can't get enough of good vanilla scents and this is one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew that they were getting rid of this last fall because my local store is a flagship and they took it off the shelves. This and brown sugar fig were the 2005 fall scents I think. Anyway, they are both excellent. I love this compared to warm vanilla sugar. That is sick and over used.
This is warm, spicy, sexy. It has more character and is a sophistcated vanilla. I've only seen the spray and body wash at their sale though, but thankfully I have a full bottle of lotion left. UPDATE: They need to bring this back, I'm seriously pissed off at bbw. It's rediculous to make a good product that people love and take it away. It says alot when you keep crap on your shelves and it sells...what is wrong? Are kids buying those scents or something?

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've always been greatly appreciative of all things vanilla, and think I may have found a new favourite in BBW's Fresh Vanilla line. I have this in the body cream and body spray, a soft creamy tantalizing blend of warm vanilla milk and chocolate pralines. Cozy, feminine, and infinitely comforting, this is a wonderful scent for winter. Nothing makes me feel more coddled than slathering the thick rich cream on after a steaming hot shower, getting into my favourite ratty old sweater and trackpants, and settling down in bed with a favourite book or a good movie. I much prefer Fresh Vanilla to Warm Vanilla Sugar as the latter, as every bit as yummy-smelling as it sounds, has a tacky sandalwood note that comes off as a tad too masculine for my tastes. Fresh Vanilla is sophisticatedly feminine, seductive but subtle, and has always won me a compliment or two on the train-ride home. Layered with the lotion/ body cream in the same scent, the sweetly heady whiff of vanilla will linger all day long. My only gripe is regarding the packaging, which I find a little awkward. Though the squeeze-tube is effective to some extent, it becomes difficult to get the remnants of the cream out towards the end. Not one to waste such luscious product, I've taken to cutting the tube in half to scoop out the cream. I wish I didn't have to because it's not exactly the most sanitary thing in the world to do. But oh well. I can't find anything else to nitpick about so I'll round up this review by heartily recommending this line to all vanilla lovers. Even if it doesn't make your heart do cartwheels, it's bound to evoke a purr or two of appreciation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I work in an office and handle papers all day, and I love to put this creamy wonderful lotion on my dried out hands. I am a person who tends to rest their chin on their hand a lot and I must say I enjoy the smell whenever I do...this is quickly tied as my favorite scent from BBW (it's tied w/ sweet pea). I purchased this during the semi-annual sale even though it was not one of the sale items-- it was THAT worth it. I have the body spray, too.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to detest anything with a vanilla fragrance because it smelled too sweet and foody. However, I think BBW got it right with this one. Fresh Vanilla smells so warm and comforting! It's a bit exotic and has some sort of Asian-inspired scent to it. It smells somewhat spicy, too. Definitely one of my new favorite BBW products!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This scent was out way back when I was 19 (11 yrs ago) and I loved it back then. I used to wear it all the time and no joke guys would flock towards me- wanting to know what I was wearing that smelled so good. Some thought it smelled like cotton candy. It was funny. I purchased a tube and a jar of it. It lasted a really long time. When I finally went back to get more they didn't make it anymore. All these years I have stayed away from B&BW because they didn't have this scent. I went there a month ago because I got a warm vanilla sugar gift bag and I really am not into scented body wash & sprays so I returned it. What do I see FRESH VANILLA and it smelled EXACTLY the same as I remembered. I picked up a few bottles of it. I was going back and forth between Warm vanilla sugar & this one. I think this one has a better scent. I also purchased the tutti dolci sugar wafer which is pretty good as well

on 10/19/2005 6:06:00 PM

I should probably begin this review by saying that I am decidedly not a foodish scent person (I gravitate toward clean smells, fruity smells, and light floral smells). I also never was particularly taken with vanilla scents; I dated a man who loved vanilla, so I grudgingly bought some Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace -- which I promptly and gladly gave away when we broke up. I say this because, thanks to this scent, I understand the appeal of vanilla! :o) I got a full-sized bottle of this for free, thinking I'd try a dab and likely end up swapping it. The dab turned into slathering it on after a bath one night, then again the next night...and before I knew it, I realized that I truly loved the scent. It isn't as cloying as WVS; it is, as the name implies, a fresher scent. I can't describe it other than to say that it's just a cleaner vanilla scent, but still warm and soothing. While I don't see myself ever buying the EDT, the lotion has become one of my staples. We are also in the process of trying to sell our home, and our real estate agent recommended that we buy some vanilla plug-ins. I reluctantly filled my wallflowers with BBW's french vanilla refills, and I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed at all. But the other day, I decided to buy the fresh vanilla candle (also a first for me -- I am a total candle freak and used to get darn near offended if anyone ever gave me a vanilla scented candle; I considered them useless, when you can get such luscious scents as Pier 1's Ginger Peach and Island Orchard...). Suffice it to say that the fresh vanilla candle has even converted me -- I just love it! It's just clean and warm and somehow so relaxing.... I would highly endorse this scent, even to those who don't care for vanilla - definitely worth a try!

Popular Lotions / Creams