Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

4.3

on 6/18/2008 3:07:00 PM

Why oh why did BBW get rid of this?

I loved this scent for so long but stopped using lotion for awhile.

When I went back to BBW...it was GONE !

The SA informed me it may be at the SAS so I waited and did find some but not enough. I hope BBW brings this scent back as a classic and gets rid on some of the other classics that are lacking in sales.

I do like VBN, but not nearly as much a I love my Fresh Vanilla.

on 6/8/2008 11:53:00 PM

My search for a vanilla scent is over. This is it! Very mild and milky, not too sweet. I love it. This was on sale for 75% off and I had to go back the next day to buy off all the body cream left-all 5 of them, bought 2 the previous day. Very nice to use as a hand cream too. I paid around $2.60 for each 8 oz tube. Great deal!

on 12/30/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Like some other reviewers, I liked B&BW Fresh Vanilla much better than Warm Vanilla Sugar (which reminded me of playdoh). FV smelled a little more like vanilla, but after half an hour seemed flat, no dimension. If you want a very light, basic vanilla scent, then try FV. IMO, Vanilla Bean Noel is much better and has a stronger vanilla scent, mixed with more sugar, without the earthy clay scent.

on 11/25/2006 5:29:00 PM

Stock up on this one FAST!! The gal at bath and body said they will discontinue this as of February 2007 and to stock up!! This is the PERFECT vanilla, straight vanilla scent, creamy - NOT sweet frosting, not overwhelming, can be layered easily. Warm Vanilla is way too sweet (SHEW!) and the Breathe line of vanilla is way too much perfume (can't smell vanilla in that one at all).

on 6/28/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This smells like Warm Vanilla Sugar without the warmth or the sugar. By which I mean that it smells rather pleasant but also rather bland. I still like it a lot, though.

i like this MUCH more than the warm vanilla sugar cream! it's just vanilla! it's creamier and less sweet~very moisturizing too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This scent was out way back when I was 19 (11 yrs ago) and I loved it back then. I used to wear it all the time and no joke guys would flock towards me- wanting to know what I was wearing that smelled so good. Some thought it smelled like cotton candy. It was funny. I purchased a tube and a jar of it. It lasted a really long time. When I finally went back to get more they didn't make it anymore. All these years I have stayed away from B&BW because they didn't have this scent. I went there a month ago because I got a warm vanilla sugar gift bag and I really am not into scented body wash & sprays so I returned it. What do I see FRESH VANILLA and it smelled EXACTLY the same as I remembered. I picked up a few bottles of it. I was going back and forth between Warm vanilla sugar & this one. I think this one has a better scent. I also purchased the tutti dolci sugar wafer which is pretty good as well

on 10/19/2005 6:06:00 PM

I should probably begin this review by saying that I am decidedly not a foodish scent person (I gravitate toward clean smells, fruity smells, and light floral smells). I also never was particularly taken with vanilla scents; I dated a man who loved vanilla, so I grudgingly bought some Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace -- which I promptly and gladly gave away when we broke up. I say this because, thanks to this scent, I understand the appeal of vanilla! :o) I got a full-sized bottle of this for free, thinking I'd try a dab and likely end up swapping it. The dab turned into slathering it on after a bath one night, then again the next night...and before I knew it, I realized that I truly loved the scent. It isn't as cloying as WVS; it is, as the name implies, a fresher scent. I can't describe it other than to say that it's just a cleaner vanilla scent, but still warm and soothing. While I don't see myself ever buying the EDT, the lotion has become one of my staples. We are also in the process of trying to sell our home, and our real estate agent recommended that we buy some vanilla plug-ins. I reluctantly filled my wallflowers with BBW's french vanilla refills, and I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed at all. But the other day, I decided to buy the fresh vanilla candle (also a first for me -- I am a total candle freak and used to get darn near offended if anyone ever gave me a vanilla scented candle; I considered them useless, when you can get such luscious scents as Pier 1's Ginger Peach and Island Orchard...). Suffice it to say that the fresh vanilla candle has even converted me -- I just love it! It's just clean and warm and somehow so relaxing.... I would highly endorse this scent, even to those who don't care for vanilla - definitely worth a try!

on 10/18/2005 9:03:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but the scent of vanilla milk and praline was too much for me. It is a nice scent, however, and seems to come somewhere between the discontinued Creamy Coconut and the hazelnut scent. I think I would like this on someone else, just not me.

on 9/26/2005 11:47:00 PM

I do prefer this to WVS, which is way too strong on the sandalwood and musk for my tastes. This one has a hint of musk, but it doesn't overpower the vanilla as in WVS. Still, I thought this was a rather generic and boring vanilla. No reason to purchase it over cheaper options available at Wal Mart.

Popular Lotions / Creams