Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have always loved and worn vanilla scents, B & B vanillas in particular. I wore Vanilla Bean first and then Warm Vanilla Sugar when it replaced that. Fresh Vanilla, however, does not smell like vanilla to me. When I rubbed this lotion on it smelled like fresh vomit . . . I couldn't wash it off fast enough! (I also smell that Fresh Vanilla/fresh vomit in Vanilla Bean Noel lotion when I rub some on.) A manager of a B & B store commented once that "You either love this scent or hate it." So true!

on 12/3/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this cream with the matching shower gel on eBay after reading the rave reviews, and after using up the whole bottle, I've decided that it's a bit too rich for my taste. It's a very deep, creamy/sweet scent that smells like the good vanilla that Ina Garten is always after me to get. :-) I will finish what I have, but probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew that they were getting rid of this last fall because my local store is a flagship and they took it off the shelves. This and brown sugar fig were the 2005 fall scents I think. Anyway, they are both excellent. I love this compared to warm vanilla sugar. That is sick and over used.
This is warm, spicy, sexy. It has more character and is a sophistcated vanilla. I've only seen the spray and body wash at their sale though, but thankfully I have a full bottle of lotion left. UPDATE: They need to bring this back, I'm seriously pissed off at bbw. It's rediculous to make a good product that people love and take it away. It says alot when you keep crap on your shelves and it sells...what is wrong? Are kids buying those scents or something?

on 2/11/2007 11:51:00 AM

I wanted so badly to like this fragrance--in the lotion, spray, body wash, anything! But it just didn't work for me. I love how it smells in the bottle, but on me it turns entirely too "musky" or something. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me--I have a co-worker that wears this and she smells more like musk than vanilla...sigh...since they are discontinuing it, maybe they will bring back their original vanilla scent, which was really nice. I think it was called Vanilla Bean. Yummy.

on 1/5/2006 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The quality of Bath and Body Works lotions/creams is normal--nothing special, but does an acceptable job of moisturizing. The scent of this lotion is wonderful--warm and soothing without knocking you over with sweetness. I prefer it over the Warm Vanilla Sugar because it sometimes can be to strong and sweet. This vanilla is also more "workplace friendly" and I even use the Healing Hand Cream at work.

on 11/26/2005 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice true vanilla fragrance scented body lotion. It is not overly sweet or foody, just a basic vanilla. It moisturizes nicely and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, even during the cold weather days. I like to use the shower gel and body splash with this lotion.

This is a nice basic vanilla. It's sweet, but not overly sweet like some of the frosting vanilla scents. It's warm and inviting. I normally don't go for vanillas, but this one is really nice. The scent lasts quite a while on my skin especially when I wear the body splash too.

on 10/31/2005 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is definitely the fresh sister to the WVS scent. I think it kinda smells like the Rice Bran Shea scent that BBW discontinued, but that's just me. I wouldn't say that this is my staple vanilla lotion. Vanilla Bean Noel is my favorite by far!

I always found Warm Vanilla Sugar to be a bit too cloying, so I was pumped to try Fresh Vanilla. It didn't disappoint. It has all the vanilla goodness of, say, homemade ice cream, but not the overpowering sugary smell of WVS. It just leaves my skin pleasantly vanilla-ish. I have the body cream and shower gel (getting ready to try the gel out for the first time today). I picked up both because I had a coupon. The body cream goes on with a nice fresh scent and lasts pretty well. I put it on last night and can still smell it on my skin today at noon.
No BBW fragrance can ever replace my beloved Chanel Coco Mademoiselle for a real perfume, but for a nice comforting lotion and shower gel, this rocks.
This review is only for the body cream...the other things smelled good in the store as well, and the body butter was luscious when I sampled it. My only note of caution is for the body splash, which smelled like vanilla extract...however when the alcohol in it dries down this may go away.

on 9/27/2005 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As others have noted, this is a nice new addition from BBW. Tried the Fresh Vanilla body cream and its scent seems to have slightly better staying power than Warm Vanilla Sugar, which I also like. Will likely repurchase.

Popular Lotions / Creams