Jurlique ultra sensitive night treatment gel

No Image

on 10/8/2006 1:19:00 AM

A kind member sent this to me in a non-MUA swap. I was really keen to try a skin calming product because I have sensitised skin that is always a little flushed from years of irritation. I had been responding very well to La Prairies De-Sensitising serum, but couldn't justify the pricetag for something that had silicones in it.. So since this was free, I decided to try it.

This contains a strange extract called 'sichuan peppercorn'.. and the lady that sent this to me said it made her eyes water, so I was a little fearful of using this, especially after a hot shower. But I experienced an ever so slight tingling sensation that lasted like 1.5 seconds, I even used it around my eyes and didn't experience any irritation at all.

This is an oil/glycerine emulsion which has a beautiful texture and divine light scent. I don't think I love how it absorbs into my skin, as it feels slightly tacky and does not moisturise as well as I expect (even though it has jojoba oil).

I did not feel any calming effects from this treatment, I really don't think it has the right ingredients (like green tea, licorice, etc) to do the right job.

on 11/24/2005 3:12:00 AM

After using this night treatment for two months I would never switch to another! It took a few days/nights to get used to the gel/serum texture (having used heavy night creams for all my life), but after that it's been amazing. My skin could look beautiful with the right treatment, unfortunately there are only 2 or 3 such, all very expensive. Everything else either gives me an allergic reaction or dehydrates my skin. This is just beautiful, I'd recommend it to anyone who cares about their skin and health. It has mild natural acids and completely renews your skin. But make sure you use it for a week at least before you make up your mind!