4.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

12 years ago

I ordered this online so I wasn't sure how the color would look in person. I received the package promptly and opened it. The packaging is disappointing. It looks like it would be the standard tube with a wand but it is actually a really cheap tube that you squeeze and it comes out of an angled top that you press against your lips. The tube isn't made of a soft pliable plastic that is meant for squeezing. It's made of cheap plastic that feels like it will break. I don't ever want this in my purse because I know what will happen. The color in the tube is representative of what I saw online but the finish is frosty, not the chrome I ordered. The scent\flavor is tropical and I'd say that part of it is ok. The texture is very very soft, like Cargo gloss but softer. No staying power. This product is a real disappointment overall.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

12 years ago

This is just not really what I wanted. I ordered this over the phone--I'm not in NY so I can't do it in person, but I called a representative and she made it for me and sent it. Either I didn't give her good enough instructions or she didn't understand--it's not the right color (too bright, not light enough, not warm-toned enough). However, the reason I give this a low rating is the texture and coverage--the color could probably have been fixed. I got a light/medium pink chrome with vanilla flavor. I was hoping the "flavor" would also be a scent, in fact more of a scent, but there is no scent, just flavor. The texture is a little gummy--slick but gummy, and it's sheer (possibly because of the added flavor, which she said would thin it down). Chrome is not the right effect (it's not metallic like they say it is), I probably should have gotten glitter or something. So I wouldn't bother getting this again, even if I was in NY.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlond

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Like the previous reviewer, I was also helped by Aida at Macy's Herald Square. Based on the other reviews I've seen for this product, I think it really makes a difference who your SA is, since that drives the results. Aisha was very patient, gave good input, and was not aggressive. She was more concerned with helping me mix a shade that I would like, which is very important for this product. <p> As far as the actual gloss, the color I ended up with was a mid-tone pink with gold pearl. It's sort of a pinker/darker version of MAC Nymphette. (Yes, for the record, I am very boring, and don't often stray far from the pinks and nudes!) <p> The scent/flavor that I picked was Cocoa, though for some reason, in the actual gloss, it doesn't taste or smell anything like cocoa to me. It has a sweetish scent and flavor, but not how I had experienced it in the actual bottle. <p> I don't mind the squeeze tube, but I wish that the slanted tip applicator was fuzzy (like the old school Maybelline Shinylicious glosses), or that you had the option of getting a doe-foot or brush applicator. (C'mon, Prescriptives, I thought this was customized!) As previous reviewers have mentioned, it is tough to apply this in the lip lines without making a bit of a mess. Also, the texture of this gloss is a bit more slippery than I would like. I'd prefer a gel-like texture (like the Chanel Glossimers), or a thicker consistency, like the MAC Lipglasses. This Px gloss only lasts about an hour or two at max before the shine goes away. <p> As for the price, it is a bit steep... $26... which is more than my beloved Glossimers. Granted, it is fun to play "chemist" and make your own gloss and what-not, but I'm not absolutely sure that I would do it again.

About reviewer (908 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

12 years ago

I have been a fan of Prescriptives Custom Blending and they just keep adding great ideas. I was very happy when they started the CB lip gloss because I could finally create a red brown lip gloss that I can't seem to find in the yellow orange color family. All red lipsticks and gloss seem to be centered around the blue red color families. I went to Macy's in Herald Square and got a fantastic color specialist Aisha who mixed exactly what I was looking for and worked with me until I got the color I wanted(she also did a phenomenal job on my CB Foundation). So worth the money and the blend is always on file and they give you a card to carry with your special lip gloss recipe. It is a shame they don't do the CB Lipstick -so it's off to Bergdoff Goodman's!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

13 years ago

This is a very mixed review. I got a great color, but the gloss is too slick. The texture just doesn't mix right or something. I have a gorgeous Lip Gloss that doesn't stay on for anything. I have taken apart other glosses of mine and added it to the mix. I made a fun mess, but it does stay on a tad bit longer. I will not do this again.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

EyesGreen

1.0

13 years ago

I hate to be a party-pooper but this experience wasn't very good for me. I was looking forward to a "custom" lipgloss for a while and I was given a book of swatches to choose from. I picked #39, a muted brick-red gloss with no shimmer, full color and very warm. When it was mixed, they only used red and orange and it was soooo bright on my lips, like neon coral! I told them the swatch was a lot darker, more muted, and they have all these colors at their disposal: brown, black, white, that they can play with to make it what you want, but it was like pulling teeth. I asked for more red and some brown and it was finally a wearable shade of watermelon, but not at all what I signed up for. It ended up looking almost like Nars Frisky Summer, which I already have! Then the SA asked if I wanted a flavor...I said I did and he just listed them off to me. I wanted to smell them first! The whole experience was like pulling teeth - it was pricey and annoying and I ended up with something I NEVER would have paid $26 for. I wish I'd just gone to Chanel and gotten a Glossimer for the money I paid. EDIT: This stuff bleeds all over my face =/ I'm so p'o-ed.

About reviewer (645 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

13 years ago

This has only just been released in the UK, I had one done a couple of days ago and its great! I ended up with a nice berry shade, looked a little scary in the tube but the colour looks great on, and the best part was it smells like coffee :) The packaging is pretty nice, a little test tube with a slanted end. Other reviewers have commented on how expensive it was ($23 for them) over here it is more like double that amount! I couldn't help but feel it was a little ott in terms of expense, but I like the product a lot so I guess it was worth it.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I picked up my custom gloss today and WOW it looks AMAZING on me! The color resembles a pale metallic cappicino color and I had some really pretty glitter added as well and for the flavor I chose mint mixed with melon which as weird as it sounds, it tasts sooo good and the mint leaves a nice tingly feeling behind. I have never been able to find the perfect color/sheen in any lipcolor i have ever purchased until today. It is totally worth the money and the fact they save the "recipe" for the next time you need another one is incredible as well.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I went into Nordstrom's today, and had planned on only buying one, since the price is even more expensive than the Chanel Glossimers that I (loved) so much. Keyword being loved. I decided today that I'm getting rid of every other lipgloss I own, because I am just flabbergasted at how superb this product is. The salesperson was so very friendly, and her suggestions were just dead on. I didn't customize it too much other than adding shimmer and actually mixing two flavor options (vanila and mint for one and just bellini for the other). I'm not sure how much I'm going to like the packaging...I would much prefer a tiny brush like MAC lustreglasses, but it's a small sacrifice to make for a spectacular product. I'm totally going to get more.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I am a lip gloss junkie because I never quite felt I found the right shade. Although pricey, I felt it was well worth it. However, it is critical to go to a place where they know what they are doing and take the time to do it properly. My friend and I went to Bergdorfs in NYC and it was quite the experience...we both ended up with two. They changed the formula multiple times for us if we weren't in love with it. BUT...they got the same custom blending at a Macy's outside Philadelphia which is MUCH closer, so we headed down for another. We walked away with nothing...the people at the counter were less than friendly and weren't willing to take the time. The product is worth the money because you can get exactly what you want (amount/depth of color, shade, etc.)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther