Philosophy 3 in 1 Powdered Sugar Cookie

No Image

2.7

on 12/24/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have a TON of Philosophy 3 in 1's and this was probably the worst one I've tried, and that's not many because I almost always love these bad boys.

This to me, doesn't smell even remotely like sugar, or cookies. I don't really get any scent on this at all (not even the lemon others have mentioned, which would've made it a hit for me.) This just smells like soap, nothing sweet, nothing distinguishable, zilch. I've had 2 different bottles of this, so it definitely wasn't a "bad" bottle. Definitely not one that I love, will finish or repurchase. I'll stick with my other beloved 3 in 1's. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like Powdered Sugar Cookie 3 in 1, and am surprised at all the negative reviews. I have tried other Philosophy 3 in 1s and was less than impressed with them. I bought this one at Rite Aid, thinking I would give the line one more shot. I'm glad I did! What I get most from the scent is powdered sugar, which is a lovely smell. Maybe there is a very slight scent of lemon - like Lemon Cooler cookies (oh, how I miss those!) but it's not a very strong lemon smell. I enjoy getting out of the bath and smelling like a powdered sugar cookie. The only complaint I have about the 3 in 1s is that they don't make enough bubbles for a good bubble bath.

on 1/22/2009 1:52:00 PM

Philosophy could've done a lot better on this one. After trying their scrumptious Red Velvet Cake, Cinnamon Buns, and Pink Frosted Layer Cake 3-in-1s, this was definitely a disappointment. It doesn't smell anything like a powdered sugar cookie to me...I just get a lemony scent. It kind of reminds me of the LE B&BW Hello Sugar, but IMO, Hello Sugar is a lot better. I don't dislike the scent, I just don't get sugar cookies out of it. The lemony scent of this will be nice to use in the spring or summer seasons. I got this on clearance at my local Target for about $11, so I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I suppose I am in the minority on this one, but I absolutely love this scent! I received a sample of it from drugstore.com and repurchased it in a full-size bottle. If you look at the Philosophy web site it does describe this as having "the yummy scent of sweet sugar infused with a hint of lemon zest". To me it smells like those lemon wedding cookies that have the powdered sugar on top - a nice clean lemony sweet scent. The lather is great, as are all the other philosophy shower gels. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 6/7/2008 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sugary lemon biscuits. I like it but don't love it. Gel is creamy and pearlised and you don't need much to get a decent lather. I prefer Fresh Cream 3 in 1 which if you haven't tried yet then rush out and buy some! You won't regret it. If you like sugary lemon biscuits then I would suggest the new Hello Sugar range from B&BW which is a stronger, better scent than the Powdered sugar cookie.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was disappointed with this one..I was expecting a lot more sugary sweet scent, but all I get is 80% lemon, 20% sweet.

I cannot believe this is supposedly award-winning! It smells nothing like a powdered sugar cookie. It smells like some type of dish washing liquid. I didn't get the lemon scent that most reviewers smell. It hardly has any sudsing when used as a shower gel, also it does not hardly make any bubbles when used as a bubble bath. Very disappointed with this 3 in 1.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

ita that this smells more of a lemon cookie than powdered sugar cookie......i prefer amazing grace's scent to this.....its not as moisturizing as my softsoap nutra-oil bcoz i noticed my arms got sooo dry after i towel dried...but oddly enuf, not with my nutra-oil (not do i need a separate lotion!)..

on 12/8/2007 7:58:00 PM

At first I did not think it smelled like sugar cookies, until I used it in the shower. Its is perfect. It does not dry your skin out at all. My kids love this scent also.

on 9/2/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It works as well as any of the philosophy 3-in-1s, but it does not smell like a sugar cookie. It smells more like lemon scented cleaning products to me. This is the most disappointing of all of the philosophy 3-in-1 formulas.