Aveeno Calamine and Pramoxine HCl Anti-Itch Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

on 2/22/2011 3:22:00 PM

i'm surprised by the high scores for this. normally i like aveeno products, but this doesn't soothe my facial eczema. plus i don't like the calamine smell.

I've normally used hydrocortisone in the past for bug bites and skin irritation, but I picked this up when I was pregnant a few years ago because the doc told me that calamine was safer then HC creams. This stuff has saved me. From having PPP while I was pregnant to getting bug bites and dermatitis now, nothing gets rid of itch like this. It has a nice, light texture and a slight menthol smell, and it gives a cooling sensation instantly after application. The other thing that's instant? Relief. Even huge mosquito bites feel soothed right away. Another bonus is that the calamine helps to dry out a rash or bug bite, helping it to heal faster.
I truly love this stuff! It's worth every penny!

on 1/13/2008 10:30:00 PM

I bought this about two weeks ago for my bf, who sometimes have rashes and scratch them like crazy, even though I tell him not to (he's such a child sometimes :D)
Yesterday, he just had an allergic reaction to something, and applied this lotion, and it worked like a miracle according to him.
If it works for him, and I'd definitely repurchase it again.
Note: the effect dissappears after a little while (little...), but I'm not sure if it's because of his allergy is kinda serious, or the effect fades away quickly....

Holy crap. HG. I have eczema, not all the time, but when it pops up, its HORRIBLE and extremely hard to get rid of. This time it decided to pop up on my eyelids and in the outer corners of my eyes. I had tried a variety of things, from the heavy cetaphil cream to neosporin to tea tree oil (holy **** HURT LIKE A MOTHER****ER!!!) and nothing helped at all. I know hydrocortisone would have helped, but I'm scared to use it on my eyelids, because it does thin out your skin and I was afraid my eyeballs would pop out. But I HAD to get rid of this eczema. So I came across this cream, which is hydrocortisone-free, and OH MY GOD, does it ever work. It stops the pain and itching that had brought me to tears on particularly dry nights, and I've only been wearing it for an hour, tops, and my skin is already looking better. The scaliness is gone and my skin is much more smooth. I love the light pink color, because it brightens up the flourescent red eczema to a more skin-like tone. Overall this product is F-ing amazing.

Popular Lotions / Creams