COVERGIRL Lash Exact

Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

on 10/17/2018 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara more than anything else! I have probably bought over 10 tubes by now. It's my everyday natural lash because it doesn't clump, stays on all day and looks really fluttery and soft. The wand is what is so good about it. I love rubber wands like this. I hate mascara with the fluffy wands bc they don't separate enough to make your lashes not clump. It doesn't smudge either. It can be hard to build up and get a va-va voom volume so it's not necessarily my mascara for night or full glam. Target stopped carrying this but luckily cvs still has it.

on 6/1/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up because it was a great deal but I didn't really love the product. It was a good formula and easy to apply with the thin wand, but it took too many coats to build up and I don't have time for that especially at 5 am when I have to get ready for work. It goes on beautifully and you can see exactly every lash as it separates them and gives them a super thin layer of mascara. If you are looking for a natural look or don't mind the multiple coats to get what other mascaras can do in a single coat, then it might work for you. This did not work for me and I only tried it for about a month before deciding I didn't have the patience or time to sit and do multiple layers when I could use another product instead and be done with it. If you like Cover Girl Great Lash, this is an identical product. It does the job, but it has to be built up. I didn't have any trouble with irritation or scent or anything other than too many layers are needed. It did not flake off and I only had a little smudging beneath my eyes at the end of the day. It washed off easily. It wasn't a terrible product, but it just wasn't suited for my needs.

I bought this to go under a different mascara. And thats about all its good for. Weak Sauce

on 10/17/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good replacement for CoverGirl's yellow tube (discontinued) LashBlast length mascara. It's a little more wet and the brush is definitely bigger, but since I still have tubes of the discontinued one - I can say that this is a good dupe. I still prefer CG lastblast length for my bottom lashes - it had the thinnest wand that was easy to apply to bottom lashes, but this one could do once I run out of the discontinued mascara.

It adds some nice length - isn't too goopy or clumpy and the price is decent and the wand is basic. If you are looking for a basic simple mascara (length) this is a good one to try. I do use this as a base coat mascara, so it's good to use as a layering mascara - and then top this mascara on my lashes with a volumizing mascara (L'oreal's lash paradise). I will say using this and then topping it with Lash Paradise is an awesome combo for my lashes!

on 10/14/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite all time mascara. I have tried all brands from low to high end and nothing compares. It will lengthen and thicken without the clumps and smudging. I left off a star because after about 3 weeks of using a new one it tends to dry and flake a little. But the brush can’t be beat. I love the thin rubber brush. That is the secret. At times I couldn’t find this one in stores so I used L’Oréal telescopic instead. L’Oréal smudges on me and the brush even though a rubber thin brush- bends on the ends (floppy) and I can’t apply enough pressure to get a really good application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to daily daytime mascara. I have others for night and special occasions. I think part of the success of this product is the wand. The wand bristles are very tight which prevents lashes from sticking, clumping together. It allows for both thickening and lengthening of lashes, but don't expect a false eyelash effect. This a good basic daytime mascara. The formula is also good as it is not too watery or too thick, dries fairly fast and does not transfer to upper eyes or lower lid area during the day. I have tried oodles of Covergirl mascaras, it's always hit or miss with this brand. This one is a hit.

My go-to daily mascara before this one was L'oreal Voluminous Mascara (original formula). These two are similar in formula in comparison except that this one build lashes a bit more and has a better wand.

Pros:

Decent eyelash build for daytime use
Great wand that allows for defining lashes
Does not irritate eyes
Does not transfer to upper eyelid or lower eyelid
Finish is smooth, not spidery, doesn't look like fiber mascara

Cons:

Not a false eyelash effect

The name suggests that this should help enhance my lashes but I just didn't see it. I won't repurchase. Staying power wasn't good, got caked on, and didn't expand any length to my lashes :(

on 4/1/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have tried NUMEROUS mascaras for my thin short lashes that don't hold a curl. I am SO impressed with this little gem of a mascara that is so cheap! I'll admit...I have stayed away from Cover Girl mascaras mostly due to the HUGE wand that seems to be in most of their mascaras over the last few years (with a few exceptions.) Those wands make it really hard for me to coat my sad lashes and they end up looking clumpy and even shorter than they were before I applied the mascara. This mascara however has a nice basic wand that does not pick up too much product, it coats my lashes nicely, gives them a lot of length, AND is not too wet which helps with holding a curl. I always have to buy the waterproof kind (since they hold a curl better), but I decided to try the non water proof of this and it is wonderful. It's not a va-va-va-voom mascara which gives you massive thick lashes, but that is not what I was going for. I just wanted to look like I had some lashes and this does the trick. It was placed on the very bottom shelf of my local Walmart in the Cover Girl section. Love it.

on 7/9/2015 3:37:00 PM

I like this mascara, but I like CG Clump Crusher in the green tube even more. I think it gives more volume. I talk about these mascaras along with other ones in my video if you want to check it out.

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

I prefer a "natural" (i.e., not made-up) look and this mascara fits the bill perfectly. It highlights my lashes without clumping them together or making them look like twigs stuck on my eyelids.

It doesn't work as well after a few weeks, but it's cheap enough to just toss and get another.