COVERGIRL Lash Exact

COVERGIRL Lash Exact
Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to daily daytime mascara. I have others for night and special occasions. I think part of the success of this product is the wand. The wand bristles are very tight which prevents lashes from sticking, clumping together. It allows for both thickening and lengthening of lashes, but don't expect a false eyelash effect. This a good basic daytime mascara. The formula is also good as it is not too watery or too thick, dries fairly fast and does not transfer to upper eyes or lower lid area during the day. I have tried oodles of Covergirl mascaras, it's always hit or miss with this brand. This one is a hit.

My go-to daily mascara before this one was L'oreal Voluminous Mascara (original formula). These two are similar in formula in comparison except that this one build lashes a bit more and has a better wand.

Pros:

Decent eyelash build for daytime use
Great wand that allows for defining lashes
Does not irritate eyes
Does not transfer to upper eyelid or lower eyelid
Finish is smooth, not spidery, doesn't look like fiber mascara

Cons:

Not a false eyelash effect

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

I prefer a "natural" (i.e., not made-up) look and this mascara fits the bill perfectly. It highlights my lashes without clumping them together or making them look like twigs stuck on my eyelids.

It doesn't work as well after a few weeks, but it's cheap enough to just toss and get another.

on 1/23/2015 12:33:00 PM

I've tried many, many mascaras in my time (as I'm sure all of us have), I keep coming back to this one. I love the applicator. It's not too big and the little spikes help separate your lashes. Plus you can build up volume if you apply more coats. It dries fast which I also like. The one draw-back, and the number one reason I do keep trying others, is that it's a little flaky. Not bad if you leave your lashes alone and don't touch them, but I'm an eye-toucher and it leaves little flakes when I do it. It stays on well too. If I don't wash it off the night before, I can totally go the next day without reapplying.

on 12/30/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! No one is more surprised than I am at how much I love this DS mascara. I am a HE mascara gal (w/ one exception which up until now was Full & Soft-the only DS mascara that I've ever thought came close to a HE mascara) & was looking for a dupe of my favorite mascara Lancome Definicils because I was really tired of spending $28 for a tube of mascara and this was suggested as a close dupe. I've got news for you...I think this is way better than Definicils!!! In fact, it's way better than any other mascara I have ever tried-HE & DS. Keep in mind, this is a lengthening mascara so it does not add much volume or thickness to the lashes but it does create clean-looking, clump-free, flake-free length. Great color-I typically only buy Black but tried BlackBrown in Lash Exact & it's a great deep, dark, blackish brown. I used to swear by "old school" bristle brushes but I am now a convert. Lash Exact has a silicone brush and it blows away bristle brushes. I paid under $6 for this so it's all good!!!! I 'm going to pick up a Black (& hopefully waterproof) version tomorrow. I would highly recommend!

on 8/25/2014 11:45:00 AM

The brown looks very natural

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty darn good little mascara. It's cheap, adds decent volume and length without looking overdone and has good staying power. My only complaint is the wand. It's a little spikey and for some reason I always seem to poke my eye with it. lol. If youre on a budget and have decent lashes that just need a little help you'll really like this.

on 10/15/2013 12:49:00 PM

I used this product from about 2008ish until 2012. It seemed like they might have changed the formula at that point. It didn't go on as well & often seemed kinda gunky/overly thick even when the tube was brand new. Bummer!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for several years. it replaced Lancome and Clinique for me.

on 4/29/2013 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this mascara. I've been using it ever since they stopped selling Max Factor products in the US and I couldn't get my favorite mascara anymore (Lash Perfection). Never clumps and applies really easily. Usually only need one, two coats at the most, to get my lashes to pop.

on 2/16/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara is not too bad. It lengthens pretty well and keeps lashes separated for the ladies like me who don't like clumpy, stuck-together lashes! It gives a nice, pretty natural look. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I wish it was a little darker, as I prefer very black lashes. :)