COVERGIRL Lash Exact

Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

on 12/6/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this mascara. I have tried several other Cover Girl mascaras (the yellow, purple, and orange Lash Blasts and the hazel and green colors in the Exact Eyelights line) and what this has in common with all of them is clean, clump-free definition. Although I dislike other Cover Girl cosmetics (their foundations are ALL too pink or orange for my fair olive-yellow skin) I can always depend on them for a good, no-clump lash. This mascara (I use the non-waterproof version in Very Black) gives a really good balance between dramatic and natural -- what I mean is that I can wear this out every day to give my lashes a kick and brighten up my eyes, but it looks natural and subtle (whereas some other mascaras are very dramatic--which I like more for a going-out-at-night look--and look very bold and eye-catching). This goes on very smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes, stays put all day, does not flake or smudge, and washes off very easily with soap and water. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a simple, day-to-day mascara that won't look too bold but will give your eyes a little something extra. It provides good length and volume and nice separation of lashes.

on 11/15/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

My fav mascara in brown or black brown when I can find it. The local Walmart still stock this but they placed it on the bottom row so you have to bend down and hunt for it. It never irritates my eyes, it gives my lashes some definition and it washes off easily. I have noticed that the price for this has gone up lately. It used to be around five dollars.

on 12/3/2012 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a good mascara for the days when you are either pressed for time or just want a natural, defined look. Personally if I have the time I prefer a very black, dramatic lash look (2-3 coats). However, I use this as a layering tool in conjunction with L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminous. I apply a coat of the CG mascara to define my lashes, especially the outer corners, and then apply two coats of Voluminous. Works pretty good. I wouldn't say HG status, but it's decent. The formula is on the thinner side, not too wet, and not black enough for my liking. Dig the brush though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite mascara. I've been using it for about 8 years now and it's never failed me. No clumps, long lasting, easy to get off. I've tried blue, brown, and black, but I like very black the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this used to be my fav but recently i purchased it all happy and i was disappointed it works OK for a week or so then just seemed dry after didnt elongate my lashes and if you put too many coats you have small spider legs i only reccomend a couple of coats literally no more then two works good on lower lashes though cause the brush which i do like (rubbery not plush)

on 3/12/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The mascara itself is okay. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about either. The wand, however, is seriously the greatest thing since sliced bread! I always just grab whichever mascara's on sale, and for the last year I've been washing this wand and swapping it into every new mascara I get. I can't believe the difference it makes!

on 2/3/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Pretty average drugstore mascara. I didn't really like the wand, and there was nothing special about the product itself.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

If yu wipe off half of what's on the brush yu will get a much bigger lash without clumping ; because this mascara clumps without it being wiped off . d:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara! It's great for lengthening! ♥

I did enjoy this mascara when I first bought it but slowly I started to realise that it didn't give me a great overall look (aka spider eyes - not clumpy though). I actually enjoy the mascaras that are the 'old-fashioned' brush and not the plastic spiky thing.