COVERGIRL Lash Exact

COVERGIRL Lash Exact
Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to daily daytime mascara. I have others for night and special occasions. I think part of the success of this product is the wand. The wand bristles are very tight which prevents lashes from sticking, clumping together. It allows for both thickening and lengthening of lashes, but don't expect a false eyelash effect. This a good basic daytime mascara. The formula is also good as it is not too watery or too thick, dries fairly fast and does not transfer to upper eyes or lower lid area during the day. I have tried oodles of Covergirl mascaras, it's always hit or miss with this brand. This one is a hit.

My go-to daily mascara before this one was L'oreal Voluminous Mascara (original formula). These two are similar in formula in comparison except that this one build lashes a bit more and has a better wand.

Pros:

Decent eyelash build for daytime use
Great wand that allows for defining lashes
Does not irritate eyes
Does not transfer to upper eyelid or lower eyelid
Finish is smooth, not spidery, doesn't look like fiber mascara

Cons:

Not a false eyelash effect

on 4/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the slim, tapered wand. Makes it easy to really get in there. It separates really well but just won't hold my curl no matter what I do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG this is my HG, finally. I am used to spending $15 + on mascara, and I found this on the suggestion of a friend. NO CLUMPS, brush is big but not too big, lats all day without smudging, doesn't give you tarantula lashes, washes off easily, is cheap, simply awesome. I cannot believe I love a drugstore mascara so much. now here's the bunmmer: IS IT BEING DISCONTINUED??? i CAN'T F IND IT ANYMORE! IT'S OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE I GO!! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME???? can anyone suggest another one from cover girl that gives the same results?????UGH

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty darn good little mascara. It's cheap, adds decent volume and length without looking overdone and has good staying power. My only complaint is the wand. It's a little spikey and for some reason I always seem to poke my eye with it. lol. If youre on a budget and have decent lashes that just need a little help you'll really like this.

on 1/13/2014 4:46:00 PM

I've tried expensive mascaras, LancĂ´me, Benefit, etc. This is my favorite mascara, by far. And it's dirt cheap!! All I want from mascara is some length and definition as I wear a lot of top liner. I just want mascara to emphasize. This is the best, it lengthens and defines and never ever clumps! I don't care if people say the packaging is cheap looking, who cares about that?! Highly recommend this to anyone...

on 12/7/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've used this mascara for years! It's great for lengthening your eyelashes and doesn't clump. I usually use it in addition to Cover Girl's volume mascara in the blue packaging. Cover Girl is my favorite, even over high-end brands such as Diorshow mascara.

This is about as close to HG as I could get with a mascara. Here's what I like about it:
-Stays put, doesn't smudge
-Looks very much like real lashes (note: this isn't for people looking for a false lash look)
-Seperates lashes easily
-Holds a curl
-Buildable

Only con:
-Occasionally flakes ...however, I've had this problem less the longer I've had the tube, which is the opposite of most mascaras I've tried.

For reference, my eyelashes are fine, blonde, and straight. I've used this in both brown-black and black and I love it.

I love Lash Exact's thin plastic brush, which is the main reason I got this mascara. I love the tube size and shape as well. At first I didn't like the formula. I think it may have been too wet. After using this mascara for about month, though, I am starting to really like it. Either the formula changed, or I just got used to it. It makes my lashes long and totally clump free. It holds a curl so well that doesn't come down. It's great on bottom lashes as well.

on 12/3/2012 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a good mascara for the days when you are either pressed for time or just want a natural, defined look. Personally if I have the time I prefer a very black, dramatic lash look (2-3 coats). However, I use this as a layering tool in conjunction with L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminous. I apply a coat of the CG mascara to define my lashes, especially the outer corners, and then apply two coats of Voluminous. Works pretty good. I wouldn't say HG status, but it's decent. The formula is on the thinner side, not too wet, and not black enough for my liking. Dig the brush though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite mascara. I've been using it for about 8 years now and it's never failed me. No clumps, long lasting, easy to get off. I've tried blue, brown, and black, but I like very black the best.