COVERGIRL Lash Exact

Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

on 10/17/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good replacement for CoverGirl's yellow tube (discontinued) LashBlast length mascara. It's a little more wet and the brush is definitely bigger, but since I still have tubes of the discontinued one - I can say that this is a good dupe. I still prefer CG lastblast length for my bottom lashes - it had the thinnest wand that was easy to apply to bottom lashes, but this one could do once I run out of the discontinued mascara.

It adds some nice length - isn't too goopy or clumpy and the price is decent and the wand is basic. If you are looking for a basic simple mascara (length) this is a good one to try. I do use this as a base coat mascara, so it's good to use as a layering mascara - and then top this mascara on my lashes with a volumizing mascara (L'oreal's lash paradise). I will say using this and then topping it with Lash Paradise is an awesome combo for my lashes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to daily daytime mascara. I have others for night and special occasions. I think part of the success of this product is the wand. The wand bristles are very tight which prevents lashes from sticking, clumping together. It allows for both thickening and lengthening of lashes, but don't expect a false eyelash effect. This a good basic daytime mascara. The formula is also good as it is not too watery or too thick, dries fairly fast and does not transfer to upper eyes or lower lid area during the day. I have tried oodles of Covergirl mascaras, it's always hit or miss with this brand. This one is a hit.

My go-to daily mascara before this one was L'oreal Voluminous Mascara (original formula). These two are similar in formula in comparison except that this one build lashes a bit more and has a better wand.

Pros:

Decent eyelash build for daytime use
Great wand that allows for defining lashes
Does not irritate eyes
Does not transfer to upper eyelid or lower eyelid
Finish is smooth, not spidery, doesn't look like fiber mascara

Cons:

Not a false eyelash effect

The name suggests that this should help enhance my lashes but I just didn't see it. I won't repurchase. Staying power wasn't good, got caked on, and didn't expand any length to my lashes :(

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

I prefer a "natural" (i.e., not made-up) look and this mascara fits the bill perfectly. It highlights my lashes without clumping them together or making them look like twigs stuck on my eyelids.

It doesn't work as well after a few weeks, but it's cheap enough to just toss and get another.

on 12/30/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! No one is more surprised than I am at how much I love this DS mascara. I am a HE mascara gal (w/ one exception which up until now was Full & Soft-the only DS mascara that I've ever thought came close to a HE mascara) & was looking for a dupe of my favorite mascara Lancome Definicils because I was really tired of spending $28 for a tube of mascara and this was suggested as a close dupe. I've got news for you...I think this is way better than Definicils!!! In fact, it's way better than any other mascara I have ever tried-HE & DS. Keep in mind, this is a lengthening mascara so it does not add much volume or thickness to the lashes but it does create clean-looking, clump-free, flake-free length. Great color-I typically only buy Black but tried BlackBrown in Lash Exact & it's a great deep, dark, blackish brown. I used to swear by "old school" bristle brushes but I am now a convert. Lash Exact has a silicone brush and it blows away bristle brushes. I paid under $6 for this so it's all good!!!! I 'm going to pick up a Black (& hopefully waterproof) version tomorrow. I would highly recommend!

on 1/13/2014 4:46:00 PM

I've tried expensive mascaras, LancĂ´me, Benefit, etc. This is my favorite mascara, by far. And it's dirt cheap!! All I want from mascara is some length and definition as I wear a lot of top liner. I just want mascara to emphasize. This is the best, it lengthens and defines and never ever clumps! I don't care if people say the packaging is cheap looking, who cares about that?! Highly recommend this to anyone...

on 10/23/2013 9:56:00 PM

I literally made an account JUST to review this- ugh, I LOVE this mascara! I've only used it for a day, but man- it's great. It holds a curl beautifully and it's lasted the entire day! I love it. And it's cheap. It's seriously underrated. If you're deciding whether or not to buy, it. BUY IT! You will not regret it!

on 7/30/2013 10:10:00 AM

I purchased this after Jen (frmheadtotoe) used it in a video and told how well it holds a curl (even on her Asian lashes!) Being Korean and mono-lidded with sparce, stick-straight lashes, I was really excited to try this out and I'm so glad I did! It doesn't clump and is buildable--a few coats for a day look, but add a few more for some subtle volume for more drama. Lashes are very separated when using this as well. I'd recommend this to anyone! I top it off occasionally with my Carbon Black Voluminous mascara for some extra pow with all the curl-holding goodness! (Oh yeah, I bought this in waterproof btw!)

Formula:
Very dark (I got the blackest one)
Dry (good for thin lashes and holding a curl
Very waterproof (cried in it before and no smearing and it continued to hold my curl!)

Wand:
Small and straight with the little fat, short spike type bristles (I'll upload a picture)
Easy to use and get close to the roots.

Feel:
It's a stiff, hard feel (no soft and touchable lashes) but not at all uncomfortable.

Overall:
Great length, okay volume, awesome AWESOME curl hold, Pretty natural looking, Inexpensive and wonderful!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for several years. it replaced Lancome and Clinique for me.

on 4/26/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The best mascara I've ever used. It does everything I want from a mascara, and is dirty cheap. I like the thin brush very much. Please cover girl, don't discontinue this product.