COVERGIRL Lash Exact

Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

on 12/30/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! No one is more surprised than I am at how much I love this DS mascara. I am a HE mascara gal (w/ one exception which up until now was Full & Soft-the only DS mascara that I've ever thought came close to a HE mascara) & was looking for a dupe of my favorite mascara Lancome Definicils because I was really tired of spending $28 for a tube of mascara and this was suggested as a close dupe. I've got news for you...I think this is way better than Definicils!!! In fact, it's way better than any other mascara I have ever tried-HE & DS. Keep in mind, this is a lengthening mascara so it does not add much volume or thickness to the lashes but it does create clean-looking, clump-free, flake-free length. Great color-I typically only buy Black but tried BlackBrown in Lash Exact & it's a great deep, dark, blackish brown. I used to swear by "old school" bristle brushes but I am now a convert. Lash Exact has a silicone brush and it blows away bristle brushes. I paid under $6 for this so it's all good!!!! I 'm going to pick up a Black (& hopefully waterproof) version tomorrow. I would highly recommend!

on 12/7/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish I tried this sooner!! I am in love and my search for the perfect mascara is over!! I have sparse, thin, straight lashes. I really have lost a lot of lashes since turning 40. I used Lancome mascara for years, but finally got tired of them drying out after one week's worth of use. Then I used Diorshow and Diorshow Unlimited for years, but they would clump and flake pretty quickly. All a waste of money and inferior quality. I recently wrote about Cover Girl Lash Blast Length (in the yellow tube). Good quality, better than department store mascara, but it only gave me a pretty, natural lash; not super voluminous - but still pretty gorgeous. My good friend has the most gorgeous lashes I've ever seen and I asked her what she uses and she uses Lash Exact. I thought she was blessed with naturally beautiful lashes and that I'd never get the same effect, but man was I wrong!! I finally tried Cover Girl Lash Exact and I CAN NOT BELIEVE these are my lashes!!! I can actually see them while standing far away from my mirror! This perfect mascara separates every lash I have and gives them volume and length. The application is flawless; it goes on so creamy smooth and zero flaking and zero smearing on my lower lids. I have very oily skin and this stays in place all day with no smearing. Also, it holds my curl ALL DAY! I have the shortest, straightest lashes ever and curling is a must and I love that it holds a strong curl all day. I can not say enough about this mascara!! I can't get over how much better the quality of the formula is compared to pricey department store mascaras. My lashes actually "fan out" now and look a little like false lashes, but not in a severe way - just gorgeous for day or night. I love my lashes now!!
Try this mascara, it is amazing!!

on 11/19/2014 9:05:00 AM

I have tried at least 20 brands of mascara over the last year from drugstore brands, to high end department store, to asking for recommends at Ulta and Sephora - cost never an option as I was desperate to find a mascara that worked.

My challenge was that no matter what brand, waterproof or not, after a few hours the mascara would either rub off under my eyes, flake off on the tips of my lashes or both (and that was with putting mascara on only my top lashes only). Another challenge was color. I have fair skin, not as light as ivory, with vey blonde eyelashes. Black mascara looks fake on me while straight brown makes me looked washed out. Finally my eyes get irritated easily if the mascara flakes at all.

I was amazed and thought it was funny after my extensive search I ended up finding a mascara at Walmart, at a cheap price, that finally worked. I saw a beauty article in a women's health magazine and thought what have I got to lose?

Lash Exact by Covergirl has a black brown that looks great with my skin tone. It doesn't clump and goes on smoothly if you want to add extra coats. It covers my blonde lashes well at the base and tips of my lashes. No smudging or flaking. I do sometimes need to re-apply at the tips after exercise, but there is no flaking that irritates my eyes :).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sparse eyelashes and my allergies from rubbing my eyes has not helped my sparse straight thin eyelashes, All of my mascaras wands are thick with big wands and my lashes look weird and spidery, so I decided to try covergirl. I have been through alot of mascaras lately high and low. This mascara has the best wand it is small I have smaller eyes it is perfect, no long clumpy spider lashes! It applies with ease and the little wand is perfect for me it picks up all those fine little lashes that are beginning to fill in and you can build it with ease and NO clumps love it I highly recommend this mascara plus it is reasonably priced. Try it especially ou have allergies!!! Love it...

Wow, I have never been so impressed by a mascara, and a Cover Girl mascara to boot! I generally have a low opinion of Cover Girl because all the cosmetics I've ever tried by the company were...what's that word I'm looking for...oh, yeah, crap. Powders, eyeshadows, lip stick, mascara, you name it, I hated it. But Lash Exact is simply amazing. Like Lashfinity by Max Factor, Lash Exact has plastic spikes instead of the standard spooly brush applicator. The spikes are responsible for thoroughly separating your eyelashes while delivering a non-clumping, lightweight mascara. This is definitely a buildable mascara. I just keep dragging that applicator through my lashes until I have a nice, thick, lush fringe, and I don't have to worry about my lashes sticking together, ever. The color payoff is dark enough to be believable, and the formula doesn't smear or smudge during a normal, 10-hour day. I've only tried this in the regular formula, not the waterproof, so I can't attest to how good that one is, but this one is a must. For about $7 CAD, you simply cannot lose. One caveat: be very careful if applying to lower lashes. Those spikes hurt something awful if they come in contact with you skin, much less your poor, squishy eyeball.

on 4/1/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have tried NUMEROUS mascaras for my thin short lashes that don't hold a curl. I am SO impressed with this little gem of a mascara that is so cheap! I'll admit...I have stayed away from Cover Girl mascaras mostly due to the HUGE wand that seems to be in most of their mascaras over the last few years (with a few exceptions.) Those wands make it really hard for me to coat my sad lashes and they end up looking clumpy and even shorter than they were before I applied the mascara. This mascara however has a nice basic wand that does not pick up too much product, it coats my lashes nicely, gives them a lot of length, AND is not too wet which helps with holding a curl. I always have to buy the waterproof kind (since they hold a curl better), but I decided to try the non water proof of this and it is wonderful. It's not a va-va-va-voom mascara which gives you massive thick lashes, but that is not what I was going for. I just wanted to look like I had some lashes and this does the trick. It was placed on the very bottom shelf of my local Walmart in the Cover Girl section. Love it.

on 11/15/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

My fav mascara in brown or black brown when I can find it. The local Walmart still stock this but they placed it on the bottom row so you have to bend down and hunt for it. It never irritates my eyes, it gives my lashes some definition and it washes off easily. I have noticed that the price for this has gone up lately. It used to be around five dollars.

I'm always on the lookout for a HG mascara. I've bought some highly touted expensive ones (like Shu Uemera) that I HATED. I was not expecting a Cover Girl mascara to be one that knocked my socks off, but Lash Exact is truly amazing. The shade I purchased is Very Black. With one coat, I get great length and fullness with this formula. In fact, one coat is usually enough for me, which is pretty surprising, considering my lashes have gotten sparser as I've gotten older. I LOVE this stuff and will definitely purchase again.

on 10/23/2013 9:56:00 PM

I literally made an account JUST to review this- ugh, I LOVE this mascara! I've only used it for a day, but man- it's great. It holds a curl beautifully and it's lasted the entire day! I love it. And it's cheap. It's seriously underrated. If you're deciding whether or not to buy, it. BUY IT! You will not regret it!

on 7/30/2013 10:10:00 AM

I purchased this after Jen (frmheadtotoe) used it in a video and told how well it holds a curl (even on her Asian lashes!) Being Korean and mono-lidded with sparce, stick-straight lashes, I was really excited to try this out and I'm so glad I did! It doesn't clump and is buildable--a few coats for a day look, but add a few more for some subtle volume for more drama. Lashes are very separated when using this as well. I'd recommend this to anyone! I top it off occasionally with my Carbon Black Voluminous mascara for some extra pow with all the curl-holding goodness! (Oh yeah, I bought this in waterproof btw!)

Formula:
Very dark (I got the blackest one)
Dry (good for thin lashes and holding a curl
Very waterproof (cried in it before and no smearing and it continued to hold my curl!)

Wand:
Small and straight with the little fat, short spike type bristles (I'll upload a picture)
Easy to use and get close to the roots.

Feel:
It's a stiff, hard feel (no soft and touchable lashes) but not at all uncomfortable.

Overall:
Great length, okay volume, awesome AWESOME curl hold, Pretty natural looking, Inexpensive and wonderful!