Cover Girl Lash Exact

Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

on 10/17/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think this is a good replacement for CoverGirl's yellow tube (discontinued) LashBlast length mascara. It's a little more wet and the brush is definitely bigger, but since I still have tubes of the discontinued one - I can say that this is a good dupe. I still prefer CG lastblast length for my bottom lashes - it had the thinnest wand that was easy to apply to bottom lashes, but this one could do once I run out of the discontinued mascara.

It adds some nice length - isn't too goopy or clumpy and the price is decent and the wand is basic. If you are looking for a basic simple mascara (length) this is a good one to try. I do use this as a base coat mascara, so it's good to use as a layering mascara - and then top this mascara on my lashes with a volumizing mascara (L'oreal's lash paradise).

on 10/14/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite all time mascara. I have tried all brands from low to high end and nothing compares. It will lengthen and thicken without the clumps and smudging. I left off a star because after about 3 weeks of using a new one it tends to dry and flake a little. But the brush can’t be beat. I love the thin rubber brush. That is the secret. At times I couldn’t find this one in stores so I used L’Oréal telescopic instead. L’Oréal smudges on me and the brush even though a rubber thin brush- bends on the ends (floppy) and I can’t apply enough pressure to get a really good application.

on 4/1/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have tried NUMEROUS mascaras for my thin short lashes that don't hold a curl. I am SO impressed with this little gem of a mascara that is so cheap! I'll admit...I have stayed away from Cover Girl mascaras mostly due to the HUGE wand that seems to be in most of their mascaras over the last few years (with a few exceptions.) Those wands make it really hard for me to coat my sad lashes and they end up looking clumpy and even shorter than they were before I applied the mascara. This mascara however has a nice basic wand that does not pick up too much product, it coats my lashes nicely, gives them a lot of length, AND is not too wet which helps with holding a curl. I always have to buy the waterproof kind (since they hold a curl better), but I decided to try the non water proof of this and it is wonderful. It's not a va-va-va-voom mascara which gives you massive thick lashes, but that is not what I was going for. I just wanted to look like I had some lashes and this does the trick. It was placed on the very bottom shelf of my local Walmart in the Cover Girl section. Love it.

on 7/9/2015 3:37:00 PM

I like this mascara, but I like CG Clump Crusher in the green tube even more. I think it gives more volume. I talk about these mascaras along with other ones in my video if you want to check it out.

The name suggests that this should help enhance my lashes but I just didn't see it. I won't repurchase. Staying power wasn't good, got caked on, and didn't expand any length to my lashes :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to daily daytime mascara. I have others for night and special occasions. I think part of the success of this product is the wand. The wand bristles are very tight which prevents lashes from sticking, clumping together. It allows for both thickening and lengthening of lashes, but don't expect a false eyelash effect. This a good basic daytime mascara. The formula is also good as it is not too watery or too thick, dries fairly fast and does not transfer to upper eyes or lower lid area during the day. I have tried oodles of Covergirl mascaras, it's always hit or miss with this brand. This one is a hit.

My go-to daily mascara before this one was L'oreal Voluminous Mascara (original formula). These two are similar in formula in comparison except that this one build lashes a bit more and has a better wand.

Pros:

Decent eyelash build for daytime use
Great wand that allows for defining lashes
Does not irritate eyes
Does not transfer to upper eyelid or lower eyelid
Finish is smooth, not spidery, doesn't look like fiber mascara

Cons:

Not a false eyelash effect

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

I prefer a "natural" (i.e., not made-up) look and this mascara fits the bill perfectly. It highlights my lashes without clumping them together or making them look like twigs stuck on my eyelids.

It doesn't work as well after a few weeks, but it's cheap enough to just toss and get another.

on 4/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the slim, tapered wand. Makes it easy to really get in there. It separates really well but just won't hold my curl no matter what I do.

on 1/23/2015 12:33:00 PM

I've tried many, many mascaras in my time (as I'm sure all of us have), I keep coming back to this one. I love the applicator. It's not too big and the little spikes help separate your lashes. Plus you can build up volume if you apply more coats. It dries fast which I also like. The one draw-back, and the number one reason I do keep trying others, is that it's a little flaky. Not bad if you leave your lashes alone and don't touch them, but I'm an eye-toucher and it leaves little flakes when I do it. It stays on well too. If I don't wash it off the night before, I can totally go the next day without reapplying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just picked this up a few weeks ago and would rate it "pretty good." I have fine lashes and look for something that doesn't clump or look fake. This brush separates lashes nicely for a natural look with one coat. I also didn't have to wipe excess product off the wand prior to applying. Unfortunately, like with many mascaras I try, it worked well when I first opened it, then quickly got much drier and harder to apply. When I switched back to my Maybelline "Full & Soft" I found I still prefer that. PROS: Nice brush for lash application; natural looking; good price CONS: Dried up after a few weeks and became harder to apply. Didn't seem to look good with additional coats.