Cover Girl Lash Exact

Cover Girl Lash Exact
Lash ExactLash ExactLash Exact

3.8

The name suggests that this should help enhance my lashes but I just didn't see it. I won't repurchase. Staying power wasn't good, got caked on, and didn't expand any length to my lashes :(

on 4/1/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have tried NUMEROUS mascaras for my thin short lashes that don't hold a curl. I am SO impressed with this little gem of a mascara that is so cheap! I'll admit...I have stayed away from Cover Girl mascaras mostly due to the HUGE wand that seems to be in most of their mascaras over the last few years (with a few exceptions.) Those wands make it really hard for me to coat my sad lashes and they end up looking clumpy and even shorter than they were before I applied the mascara. This mascara however has a nice basic wand that does not pick up too much product, it coats my lashes nicely, gives them a lot of length, AND is not too wet which helps with holding a curl. I always have to buy the waterproof kind (since they hold a curl better), but I decided to try the non water proof of this and it is wonderful. It's not a va-va-va-voom mascara which gives you massive thick lashes, but that is not what I was going for. I just wanted to look like I had some lashes and this does the trick. It was placed on the very bottom shelf of my local Walmart in the Cover Girl section. Love it.

To Read all 1406 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/9/2015 3:37:00 PM

I like this mascara, but I like CG Clump Crusher in the green tube even more. I think it gives more volume. I talk about these mascaras along with other ones in my video if you want to check it out.

on 6/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

I prefer a "natural" (i.e., not made-up) look and this mascara fits the bill perfectly. It highlights my lashes without clumping them together or making them look like twigs stuck on my eyelids.

It doesn't work as well after a few weeks, but it's cheap enough to just toss and get another.

on 4/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the slim, tapered wand. Makes it easy to really get in there. It separates really well but just won't hold my curl no matter what I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just picked this up a few weeks ago and would rate it "pretty good." I have fine lashes and look for something that doesn't clump or look fake. This brush separates lashes nicely for a natural look with one coat. I also didn't have to wipe excess product off the wand prior to applying. Unfortunately, like with many mascaras I try, it worked well when I first opened it, then quickly got much drier and harder to apply. When I switched back to my Maybelline "Full & Soft" I found I still prefer that. PROS: Nice brush for lash application; natural looking; good price CONS: Dried up after a few weeks and became harder to apply. Didn't seem to look good with additional coats.

on 1/23/2015 12:33:00 PM

I've tried many, many mascaras in my time (as I'm sure all of us have), I keep coming back to this one. I love the applicator. It's not too big and the little spikes help separate your lashes. Plus you can build up volume if you apply more coats. It dries fast which I also like. The one draw-back, and the number one reason I do keep trying others, is that it's a little flaky. Not bad if you leave your lashes alone and don't touch them, but I'm an eye-toucher and it leaves little flakes when I do it. It stays on well too. If I don't wash it off the night before, I can totally go the next day without reapplying.

on 12/30/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! No one is more surprised than I am at how much I love this DS mascara. I am a HE mascara gal (w/ one exception which up until now was Full & Soft-the only DS mascara that I've ever thought came close to a HE mascara) & was looking for a dupe of my favorite mascara Lancome Definicils because I was really tired of spending $28 for a tube of mascara and this was suggested as a close dupe. I've got news for you...I think this is way better than Definicils!!! In fact, it's way better than any other mascara I have ever tried-HE & DS. Keep in mind, this is a lengthening mascara so it does not add much volume or thickness to the lashes but it does create clean-looking, clump-free, flake-free length. Great color-I typically only buy Black but tried BlackBrown in Lash Exact & it's a great deep, dark, blackish brown. I used to swear by "old school" bristle brushes but I am now a convert. Lash Exact has a silicone brush and it blows away bristle brushes. I paid under $6 for this so it's all good!!!! I 'm going to pick up a Black (& hopefully waterproof) version tomorrow. I would highly recommend!

on 12/6/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this mascara. I have tried several other Cover Girl mascaras (the yellow, purple, and orange Lash Blasts and the hazel and green colors in the Exact Eyelights line) and what this has in common with all of them is clean, clump-free definition. Although I dislike other Cover Girl cosmetics (their foundations are ALL too pink or orange for my fair olive-yellow skin) I can always depend on them for a good, no-clump lash. This mascara (I use the non-waterproof version in Very Black) gives a really good balance between dramatic and natural -- what I mean is that I can wear this out every day to give my lashes a kick and brighten up my eyes, but it looks natural and subtle (whereas some other mascaras are very dramatic--which I like more for a going-out-at-night look--and look very bold and eye-catching). This goes on very smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes, stays put all day, does not flake or smudge, and washes off very easily with soap and water. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a simple, day-to-day mascara that won't look too bold but will give your eyes a little something extra. It provides good length and volume and nice separation of lashes.

on 11/19/2014 9:05:00 AM

I have tried at least 20 brands of mascara over the last year from drugstore brands, to high end department store, to asking for recommends at Ulta and Sephora - cost never an option as I was desperate to find a mascara that worked.

My challenge was that no matter what brand, waterproof or not, after a few hours the mascara would either rub off under my eyes, flake off on the tips of my lashes or both (and that was with putting mascara on only my top lashes only). Another challenge was color. I have fair skin, not as light as ivory, with vey blonde eyelashes. Black mascara looks fake on me while straight brown makes me looked washed out. Finally my eyes get irritated easily if the mascara flakes at all.

I was amazed and thought it was funny after my extensive search I ended up finding a mascara at Walmart, at a cheap price, that finally worked. I saw a beauty article in a women's health magazine and thought what have I got to lose?

Lash Exact by Covergirl has a black brown that looks great with my skin tone. It doesn't clump and goes on smoothly if you want to add extra coats. It covers my blonde lashes well at the base and tips of my lashes. No smudging or flaking. I do sometimes need to re-apply at the tips after exercise, but there is no flaking that irritates my eyes :).