COVERGIRL Lash Exact

3.8

on 12/6/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this mascara. I have tried several other Cover Girl mascaras (the yellow, purple, and orange Lash Blasts and the hazel and green colors in the Exact Eyelights line) and what this has in common with all of them is clean, clump-free definition. Although I dislike other Cover Girl cosmetics (their foundations are ALL too pink or orange for my fair olive-yellow skin) I can always depend on them for a good, no-clump lash. This mascara (I use the non-waterproof version in Very Black) gives a really good balance between dramatic and natural -- what I mean is that I can wear this out every day to give my lashes a kick and brighten up my eyes, but it looks natural and subtle (whereas some other mascaras are very dramatic--which I like more for a going-out-at-night look--and look very bold and eye-catching). This goes on very smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes, stays put all day, does not flake or smudge, and washes off very easily with soap and water. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a simple, day-to-day mascara that won't look too bold but will give your eyes a little something extra. It provides good length and volume and nice separation of lashes.

Pros:
- very smooth formula that is not clumpy, goopy, chunky or smeary
- stiff plastic brush with short bristles; great for bringing out the length in each individual lash; not clumpy at all; smooth formula makes it easy to re-apply 2-3 times with no clumping whatsoever
- end result are long, defined lashes that look clean and natural
- good staying power, doesn't run or flake off
- low cost, can replace mascara very inexpensively

Cons:
- you have to have some natural fullness to your lashes, otherwise I think this product will give you too much length but no body (spider lashes)
- this product is not going to give you very dramatically lengthened/thickened lashes, but it's a very good "natural mascara"

on 12/7/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've used this mascara for years! It's great for lengthening your eyelashes and doesn't clump. I usually use it in addition to Cover Girl's volume mascara in the blue packaging. Cover Girl is my favorite, even over high-end brands such as Diorshow mascara.

on 4/29/2013 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this mascara. I've been using it ever since they stopped selling Max Factor products in the US and I couldn't get my favorite mascara anymore (Lash Perfection). Never clumps and applies really easily. Usually only need one, two coats at the most, to get my lashes to pop.

on 4/26/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The best mascara I've ever used. It does everything I want from a mascara, and is dirty cheap. I like the thin brush very much. Please cover girl, don't discontinue this product.

I LOVE this mascara! When I used it for the first time it was markedly easy to apply without getting clumps (compared to other brands I had used before). I've now used it for at least a couple years, with no need or desire to switch to something else. I also wear contacts, and I've never had a problem. I would definitely recommend it.

on 3/12/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The mascara itself is okay. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about either. The wand, however, is seriously the greatest thing since sliced bread! I always just grab whichever mascara's on sale, and for the last year I've been washing this wand and swapping it into every new mascara I get. I can't believe the difference it makes!

on 10/23/2011 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nice for me. My lashes are already naturally quite long, I do not look for length in a mascara. What I wanted was a good dark colour, and a nice even application without clumping. I was hoping for this to be a good mascara for separating and defining my individual lashes. For me, this works great. Not too expensive, didn't irritate my eyes like many mascaras do. I liked it.

on 9/9/2011 8:53:00 AM

I had high hopes for this mascara, as it gets fairly decent reviews and I saw it recommended by a certain national beauty magazine for being a good solid everyday, non-clumping formula. This was really horrible, it took a while to dry, it clumped, it flaked. So disappointing.

on 4/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My HG mascara!! No matter how many I try, I always end up back to this one. None have compared...high end and drugstore wise. I constantly stock up whenever there on sale. Love, love, love, this mascara!!