MAC Lustre in See Sheer

MAC Lustre in See Sheer
mac see sheer lustre lipstickLustre in See SheerYSL, MAC & Chanel SwatchesMac See Sheer

4.2

on 3/25/2018 10:53:00 PM

It doesnt apply evenly and does not stay on at all. Looks odd on my nw20 skin. Its too coral for my taste. I prefer syrup a lot more. If you have cool pink undertones syrup would be the better choice. I hated this shade because i looked like a clown if i go ham and get the color to show but it separated on my lips if i just put one layer. It is so drying, lustre is ny least fav finish. Sigh too bad

I got this lipstick as part of the Back2MAC recycling program as I'm striving for the 'K-beauty soft makeup look'.
I also noticed the lipstick tester had the Korean flag on it and the SA told me this shade is a huge seller in Korea, Japan and China. I can see why. I'm Asian, NC30 and it does flatter my colouring and it helps me achieve that K-beauty makeup look that's all the rage these days.
As the name states, it is sheer and I need to apply a few layers for more depth of colour. (my lips are very pigmented)
This would look lovely on pale lips for that MLBB look and it may work on darker skin tones.
The staying power isn't that great but that's the nature of the lustre lipsticks. I don't mind applying this regularly as I prefer a moist lipstick texture vs. matte and drying.
This shade will be in my permanent arsenal for an everyday look.

on 9/2/2016 5:38:00 PM

They didn't lie when they used sheer in the name. This kind of a coral tinted balm on me. It is a nice fresh color, and a way to do coral that is not too in your face. Like Syrup, it has a nice sheeny moisturizing finish, so for me it is a great during the day low maintenance lipstick when I want a warmer lip.

on 3/28/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this colour 4 days ago & haven't stopped wearing it since! So fresh & spring like even if the weather here isn't nearly as joyful as this lipstick! Lovely color, lovely sheen,feels good on the lips. However the formula is a bit patchy & not as smooth as expected. I also feel like the lines in my lips are more visible & any patches are shown more so it gets 1 star less for that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is officially the lipstick I've been searching for! I have looked at this shade online several times but as it is a Lustre finish and the name being See Sheer I thought this lipstick wouldn't really be opaque. I ordered it after looking at swatches as I was still on the hunt for a moisturising, yet opaque lipstick in a specific shade. This is what I was looking for - the exact formula and the exact colour :). Despite it being a Lustre finish, it is very pigmented and only needs one swipe to get the full effect. The colour is almost like a mix of Crosswires and On Hold. It is absolutely perfect and is genuinely the first time I've been happy with everything about the lipstick - the longevity, the shade and the texture. I'm NC20 with green eyes and this shade is very complimentary against my skin tone. I'm so glad I didn't let the name put me off. I was actually torn between this and Vegas Volt but I'm so happy I ordered this. I will definitely be repurchasing and will probably buy a back up too :).

on 12/9/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm n18-nc20 and I absolutely love this lipstick. It has a beautiful summer bright coral color and the lustre formula makes the lips very smooth and shiny. I will definitely repurchase!

UPDATE: nope, I won't repurchase. I really like the colour but the lustre formula is driving me crazy: it doesn't stay and it's just too high maintenance. I'll be looking for this colour in other formulas.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favourite mac lipstick, on my skin tone this shade looks very natural and I wear this as an everyday lipstick, creamy and keeps the lips moisturised.

on 6/22/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Lipstick is one of my ALL time favs! I have very pale skin and cool undertones, so generally I can't wear coral lipsticks. I wouldn't call this lipstick coral, but it has coral undertones. It livens up my complections like no other, for sure a great buy!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Zero lasting power! A tinted lip balm lasts longer. I don't care enough about the color to reapply every 40 minutes. I won't repurchase.

absolutely Love this shade.It's also helpes to moisture my lips..<3