Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

4.4

on 11/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

I love this lipstick it looks beautiful on! :) One of my favorite go to lipsticks! My friend had this and recommended this shade to me so I bought it and am glad I did. It's very moisturizing also!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this color. Wanted a bright watermelon/fuchsia color that was wearablew for work yet not garish. This is it! The best I have seen so far, and it suits my coloring. Will repurchase if I ever go thru it.

Buttershine is a pinky-red with slight shimmer. It's a sheer, buildable colour and when applied, it feels like a lip balm and really moisturises your lips and also giving you a bit of a gloss. It is very much a combination of gloss and lipstick. I really love it and I think Buttershine is a perfect way of describing this collection of lipstick from Clinique.
On my lips it is perhaps about two shades darker and to me and gives me a bit of a stained look. I really love this colour because I am always on the hunt for a lipstick that I can wear during the day, not dramatic and similar to my natural lip colour (I'm chinese so unlike one of the other reviews, It actually does suit me and I don't find it too pink/fuschia at all). As it's quite sheer anyway I think it would suit anyone, Go out and buy it!

I really love the colour and texture of this l/s. It applies like a really soft silky balm with sheer red colour and looks like a gloss on the lips. Really brightens up my face without being dramatic, and very pretty for the spring/summer. The formula rehydrates the lips really well (actually, Clinique has some very good quality l/s IMHO) and the bamboo packaging is chic. Only drawback is it doesn't last very long on my lips, but we can't win can we?

on 10/17/2006 3:02:00 PM

For the first time i wanted a red l/s and i chose this one. And i'm happy with my choice, this is a bright red-pink color that suits with my cool pale skin tone. It moisturizes well but staying power is not the best(stays like 2 hours). I was hesitant to try reddish lip colors. Although this color looks scary it goes rather sheer, and you can build color as well.

on 9/9/2006 2:23:00 AM

Didn't buy this but tried it at the store twice. I'm pale, Chinese descent, with golden/yellow undertones but a marked preference for coolish colours. Warm colours make me look old and orange. Fresh Watermelon was bright pinkish red, almost slightly fuschia on me. After some consideration and comparing it to A Dozen Roses, I picked A Dozen Roses - Fresh Watermelon looked a little "cheap" possibly because it was too bright and garish. Sorry to spoil a perfect score so far...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pretty color. It is a pink-red watermelon color ... heavy on the red. It is a very wearable red though because of it's pink undertones which tone it down a little. It is very glossy and sheer too - color is buildable. I like it! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really pretty, wearable red. As the ladies below stated, it is tempered by a bit of pink. Subtle shimmer, no taste/smell. Lovely buttershine formula. This is definately going to be a great shade for spring/summer! I also adore the packaging. Perfect lipstick!