CLINIQUE color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLINIQUE color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

4.8

on 12/16/2009 7:19:00 AM

THis colour is so out of character for me, I normally stay away from bright reds and pinks, but this is sheer enough for me to be able to wear even with my pale skin and blue eyes. For ladies that want a stringer pop of colour it is buildable and also wears well over lip liner or benetint lip stain.
I love the lipstick, very smooth and very moisturising - instead of having to take a lip balm and my lipstick with me when I go out for the day (and more often than not my lip gloss too) I can just toss this in my purse and it does the job of everything. Pretty, moisturising and glossy. Super pretty packaging too, far nicer than so many other brands charging a similar price or more.
There is absolutely no hint of fragrance or taste either.
My only negative, and this is a personal preference, is that I prefer the classic lipstick shape to a stick, not enough of a problem to knock a lippy off. I love this product and prefer it to Benefits silky finish lipstick

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I will admit that I was initally shocked at how much of a vibrant pink this is. Most of the reviews indicate that this is a red-pink, and I upon application, I was shocked to see how much of the red in this shade is lost on me. I have a warm, medium skintone, and "Fresh Watermelon" is nothing less than a sheer, vibrant, 80's loud-mouth pink. This doesn't, however, make this any less of a beautiful shade. My best description for it's appearance on my lips would be "juicy" - a seductive pink which looks much more alluring on the lips than it does in the tube. As a matter of fact - it looks nothing like it does in the tube, as even the "spit glitter" which if obvious when you take off the cap is barely noticable upon application (thank goodness). So, how to wear this color? With a disclaimer. I haven't found this to be the best of daily pinks, but as beautiful colors go, they're mostly worn on account of a certain mood. This one pairs best as a substitute for rose-colored glasses. Everything looks and feels better with bright pink lipstick. It's the gosh-darn truth.

on 1/2/2006 11:28:00 AM

Never before have I worn lipstick until I tried Buttershine. I've long detested the heavy texture and unnatural look of full-on lipstick so I have always stuck to lipbalm and gloss. But Clinique has really taken the cake with this one!

It's sheer, it's weightless, it's moisturizing and dewy...and that silver bamboo case....

Fresh Watermelon is a luscious pinky-red that instantly brightens the face. I'm wearing this daily now and can't live without it!

on 11/19/2005 11:06:00 PM

Bright pinky-red that goes on glossy and sheer yet gives decent color pay-off. The gel formula leaves my lips very shiny and soft and feels as moisturizing as a lip balm. I prefer bright shades and this was one of two that fit the bill (the other was Ambrosia, an orange) and were recommended by the SA. I love the elegant tube, so pretty. I will definitely purchase other shades in this formula.