Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

4.3

on 10/5/2008 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Watermelon gives a healthy pop of vibrant watermelon-red color, perfect with a simple eye and minimal blush. Very flattering on my yellow-toned medium warm skin. Too bad it dries out my lips, like all other Clinique lip formulas.

on 9/16/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this color and texture! It is the color of a babies perfect lips-like a cherub!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I will admit that I was initally shocked at how much of a vibrant pink this is. Most of the reviews indicate that this is a red-pink, and I upon application, I was shocked to see how much of the red in this shade is lost on me. I have a warm, medium skintone, and "Fresh Watermelon" is nothing less than a sheer, vibrant, 80's loud-mouth pink. This doesn't, however, make this any less of a beautiful shade. My best description for it's appearance on my lips would be "juicy" - a seductive pink which looks much more alluring on the lips than it does in the tube. As a matter of fact - it looks nothing like it does in the tube, as even the "spit glitter" which if obvious when you take off the cap is barely noticable upon application (thank goodness). So, how to wear this color? With a disclaimer. I haven't found this to be the best of daily pinks, but as beautiful colors go, they're mostly worn on account of a certain mood. This one pairs best as a substitute for rose-colored glasses. Everything looks and feels better with bright pink lipstick. It's the gosh-darn truth.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really pretty, wearable red. As the ladies below stated, it is tempered by a bit of pink. Subtle shimmer, no taste/smell. Lovely buttershine formula. This is definately going to be a great shade for spring/summer! I also adore the packaging. Perfect lipstick!

Popular Lipsticks