Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

Clinique color surge butter shine - fresh watermelon

4.4

on 11/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

I love this lipstick it looks beautiful on! :) One of my favorite go to lipsticks! My friend had this and recommended this shade to me so I bought it and am glad I did. It's very moisturizing also!

on 6/6/2012 8:56:00 AM

I agree with all reviewers that this is a very wearable pink-red. Don't let the garish-bright colour in the tube scare you off. I loved the Pink Goddess but it tended to disappear and I wanted a shade with a little more pop. Even my husband likes it and that's saying something! Chanel lipsticks caused my 50 something lips to peel and crack. Now, all I wear is Butter Shine!

on 12/16/2009 7:19:00 AM

THis colour is so out of character for me, I normally stay away from bright reds and pinks, but this is sheer enough for me to be able to wear even with my pale skin and blue eyes. For ladies that want a stringer pop of colour it is buildable and also wears well over lip liner or benetint lip stain.
I love the lipstick, very smooth and very moisturising - instead of having to take a lip balm and my lipstick with me when I go out for the day (and more often than not my lip gloss too) I can just toss this in my purse and it does the job of everything. Pretty, moisturising and glossy. Super pretty packaging too, far nicer than so many other brands charging a similar price or more.
There is absolutely no hint of fragrance or taste either.
My only negative, and this is a personal preference, is that I prefer the classic lipstick shape to a stick, not enough of a problem to knock a lippy off. I love this product and prefer it to Benefits silky finish lipstick

on 11/29/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this lipstick on a regular basis...in fact, I have to buy a new one every three months because I use it daily. It's so moisturizing, can go on sheer or full and just looks great. When there's any kind of promotion I buy several just to stock up. The color is really good for those of us with pale to medium skin tones and dark hair. It just works and the bamboo style casing is gorgeous.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this color. Wanted a bright watermelon/fuchsia color that was wearablew for work yet not garish. This is it! The best I have seen so far, and it suits my coloring. Will repurchase if I ever go thru it.

Buttershine is a pinky-red with slight shimmer. It's a sheer, buildable colour and when applied, it feels like a lip balm and really moisturises your lips and also giving you a bit of a gloss. It is very much a combination of gloss and lipstick. I really love it and I think Buttershine is a perfect way of describing this collection of lipstick from Clinique.
On my lips it is perhaps about two shades darker and to me and gives me a bit of a stained look. I really love this colour because I am always on the hunt for a lipstick that I can wear during the day, not dramatic and similar to my natural lip colour (I'm chinese so unlike one of the other reviews, It actually does suit me and I don't find it too pink/fuschia at all). As it's quite sheer anyway I think it would suit anyone, Go out and buy it!

on 9/16/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this color and texture! It is the color of a babies perfect lips-like a cherub!

on 4/26/2006 7:20:00 PM

This lipstick has the perfect consistency. It's very moisturizing and glossy, which makes it easy to wear, but it's not as goopy as a typical gloss. It's kind of the best of both worlds.

I love the color. It looks extremely bright in the tube, but I find that it looks very natural on my lips. Like everyone else has said, it is a pinky red, the color of watermelon! If you have fair skin with bluish undertones and dark hair like I do, it definitely provides that snow white look.

I have been wearing lipstick since I was thirteen! I am obsessed with lipstick! And this is the only one I wear right now...I think it might be my HG!

This is a sheer, buttery and pigmented strawberry red. It goes on very bright on the lips, but then after a while, it melts into one's natural lip color. It's one of the most moisturising lippies out there and I was lucky enough to find it in its gwp form at HK$22 at a HK's discount shop.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really pretty, wearable red. As the ladies below stated, it is tempered by a bit of pink. Subtle shimmer, no taste/smell. Lovely buttershine formula. This is definately going to be a great shade for spring/summer! I also adore the packaging. Perfect lipstick!

Popular Lipsticks