3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I fell in love with the description of this, so I bought an imp to try out. I was a tad bit disappointed. In the vial, it smells like super, super, sweet syrupy coffee. Very gourmand. On my skin, the coffee tones down a bit and I start to get more of a sweet, almost vanilla candle-like smell. When completely dry, it just smells sweet. No dustiness. None of what I was hoping for. I'm glad I didn't buy the whole bottle.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is one of the BPALs that has been a favourite of mine for several years. To me it smells like a combination of a latte and the vanilla/powdery scent of dry rotting paper (like a used book store). In my opinion it is very evocative of the university of its name and despite the horror literature ad copy, is actually a comforting scent. Purchased for $17.50 USD from their website.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

5 years ago

In the Vial - Yummy, very foodie. Wet On Skin - Very sweet, it doesn't really smell like coffee on me very much. It smells a lot like cake. German Chocolate cake to be precise. I can really smell from somewhere some sort of coconut type smell, which is not what I expected but works for me perfectly fine as I love anything coconut. Dry - This one takes a little more time to morph on me. In fact, I'd say it continually switches back and forth from a very delicious cake smell to a dusty wood smell. The wood smell reminds me quite a lot of my father's old wood working shop, where he made me my very first study table and chair out of a dark scrap wood. I felt like a princess that day because it had perfect little hearts carved into it. The table and chairs have long since been outgrown, but I can still smell the wood in my memories as I studied and read my books at that desk. So I find the dusty wood smell somewhat pleasing, but I can understand why someone would not want to smell like a dusty old wood shop. The cake smell never fully leaves, and I can smell it off and on throughout the life of the scent. Verdict - I'm a little biased from the memories this scent evokes, but I like it. It's not a type of scent I would typically wear, as it does smell very similar to a Scentsy room scent I have purchased before sans the wood smell. Staying power is very nice. I could smell it after washing my hands at least twice. I'd say it lasts about 5-6 hours. Throw is also nice, and a little bottle of this will last you awhile. You needn't apply more than two to three drops for a long lasting scent. Will I buy a full bottle? Very possibly. This is a delicious and comforting scent, perfect for a cozy winter night.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

This smells really good at first with the irish coffee but dry down after 30 mins to hr it doesn't smell as great left with leather.

About reviewer (199 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

Initially this was absolutely delicious, instant love for the strong sugared coffee smell. I was in love. As it started to dry down, it got dusty and weathered, like old leather bound volumes found in the depths of a historic library. The final dry down, the lovely irish cream has totally disappeared and the oakwood polished smell is very very very strong and unappealing. Definitely retiring this imp.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

11 years ago

I have yet to find a BPAL that works well on me. Some are okay, but not enough to plop down the money. Others just fail. This one failed. It starts strongly coffee/Irish cream and fades down to a musty, dusty base described as "dusty tomes", but I question whether that note was on purpose or not, since I was wearing a fragrance oil developed to scent candles and soap on my other wrist and it dried down to exactly the same musty, dusty scent. We're talking identical here. I don't really see what Irish cream coffee has to do with Re-animator and that's all I get in the end.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

12 years ago

I thought I would love this one. It smelled so lovely in the bottle like irish cream and caramel. But when I put it on it didn't work with my chemistry. At first it smelled like irish cream and caramel but it quickly turned into a dusty very off smell. So sad!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

from

14 years ago

I'd buy more if I could, but will cherish my 5ml while it lasts! This is one of the best scents I've smelled in my life, and get a little happy each time I put it on. It does embody the coffee and books vibe--in fact it's sweet and creamy coffee for about the first fifteen minutes, then it's study time and I feel literally transported into a dusty library with the faint traces of coffee wafting in, probably from the front doors :) cool! It morphs for awhile yet, transitioning from one interesting stage to the next, finally ending up smelling like chocolate covered caramel corn. mmm! My boyfriend (while intellegent and otherwise complex, boys tend to be simpler creature with but three stages of smell enjoyment akin to a traffic light) sniffs and says enthusastically, "Cookie!" and lunges at me. I can understand why I have seen vials selling for upwards of $70 on ebay for this no-longer-in-production gem. mmm misk u!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

14 years ago

Oh my goodness, I love this scent. It really does smell *just* like Irish coffee on me. After a bit of wear I also start to get a slight hint of old books- I have no idea how old books can be captured in perfume, but here they are. But really, on me, it's mostly about the Irish coffee- which is great.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

<b>BPAL description</b>: <i>A venerable New England university, whose vast library holds many rare, diabolical and obscure arcane works, including one of the few surviving legitimate copies of the Necronomicon. Home to innumerable scholars of the esoteric and the occult, and the notorious Dr. Herbert West. The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls. (Gender neutral)</i><br><br> I heard so many people raving about <b>Miskatonic University</b> that I simply <i>had</i> to get an imp when I saw someone swapping one. When I received it, I excitedly opened the imp, and breathed in the warm, sweet, and creamy scent of Baily's Irish Cream, and I was so excited I thought I may have found the <i>best</i> BPAL scent <i>ever</i>.<br><br> Boy, was I ever wrong.<br><br> Within seconds of touching my skin, the "dusty tomes" was the predominant note. There were no "oakwood halls" and the Irish cream scent faded into the background. It reminded me of standing in an extremely dusty room that hasn't seen fresh air in a hundred years, with the very faint aroma of brewing coffee wafting in from somewhere down a hallway fairly far away. So it's not <i>totally</i> a bad scent (the Irish coffee note saves it), but it does make me curl up my nose in a not-so-good way. <br><br> This scent does to me the <i>exact</i> same thing that <b>Dorian</b> does to me, where it pretty much turns to musty dust on me. Very sad, considering both of these scents are ones that most BPALers I know rave about.

About reviewer (375 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure