The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleansing Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleansing Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Octyl Palmitate, Isohexadecane, Sorbitol, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol.

OVERALL
This is a decent cream cleanser. No strong fragrance, light and a good texture, neither too thick or too runny.

HOW I USE IT
I use it for my morning cleanse, applying a small amount to my face and neck, then removing it with a warm face flannel, before splashing my face with warm water. Because I use this hot cloth method, I've had no issues with residue etc. As it's a cream cleanser, it's designed for a light gentle cleanse. I wouldn't use this as part of my evening routine or to remove makeup, I prefer balms or oils instead.

HOW DOES MY NORMAL TO OILY SKIN FEEL ABOUT IT?
It's fine with it. It doesn't irritate. It doesn't dry me out or grease me up. My skin is clean, soft and comfortable afterwards.
Now, I wouldn't say it's massively improved my complexion. I still get the occasional spots, especially hormonal breakouts. But I can't blame this cleanser, it's one of several products I use in my overall skincare regime.

HOW DOES MY CREDIT CARD FEEL ABOUT IT?
I bought this when the Body Shop had one of its many discounts on. It's good value for money anyway without a discount. You don't need much so my bottle has lasted me ages (over 3 months!).

SO WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?
Ah. There's nothing wrong with it, exactly. It just... it isn't a particularly *enjoyable* product to use.
I like my products to feel slightly more interesting or luxurious, or to smell nice.
Whereas this is a wee bit boring and I feel like I've been trudging through the bottle dutifully trying to finish it, but it's taking forever! That's why I wouldn't repurchase - that, and the fact I have a bottle of the Body Shop Aloe Vera Cream Cleanser awaiting me to trudge through.
To be fair, it's a cream cleanser and that's just the nature of the beast: boring, reliable, good value. It's not made me breakout or irritated me or blab lala.

GET TO THE POINT
It is what it is. It does what it's supposed to. It's not changed my life but it's fine.

on 2/25/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This cream cleanser is excellent, soothing, calming and a pleasure to use. There is a lovely mild scent and it is a great cleanser too.

I have been a loyal fan of Shisheido Benefiance Cream Cleanser for many years. It was expensive but great for my sensitive, fair, Celtic aging skin in the challenging environment of the tropics. It has been discontinued, so I have been searching for a good replacement, I have found it. In fact I think this cleanser may be better, as my skin feels very smooth after use.

Wish I had found it sooner and saved my money. Highly recommend.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a fan of this, but I think it's less about this product in particular and more about this type of product. I can't handle the consistency of this and I feel like it just adds another step to my already lengthy routine, because I need to clean my face with something else before using this. I do think that it could be beneficial by adding another layer of moisture, but it's really just not necessary.

on 11/16/2015 11:18:00 AM

Meh, not for you unless you are super dry or parched. This left way too much residue for my liking and I still need to remove make up beforehand since it doesn't remove all that much. The boots botanics cleansing creams are much better in cleansing power and they rinse clean too. I recommend you give them a go and its the same price point. I much prefer the seaweed cleansers by the body shop since they leave no residue. Try in a little pot before you buy but I was underwhelmed by this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Burned cheeks after using it, and gave me a rash on my neck and places on my face. I would not recommend this product to people at all.

This trashed my skin... Horrible stuff. A friend of mine gave me six huge bottles of this. Now I know why. It did help remove my makeup but it broke me out horribly.

Absolutely trashed my skin. This cleanser and the matching toner gave me a huge rash all over my face with dry patches all through it. I had no idea it was this product until I was standing in The Body Shop trying to find something to fix it and the salesperson asked me what I was currently using. She then told me that the Vitamin E line contains artificial Vitamin E which is a known irritant to a huge amount of people. She then directed me to the Aloe line which helped fix all the problems the Vitamin E line caused. The products are lovely to use and feel lovely on the skin but I would not recommend this line to anyone with even remotely sensitive skin.

on 11/3/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

not too crazy about it. its Ok.

on 11/3/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Broke me out like CRAZY.
I have never ever had that problem before with cream cleansers, and I'm a fan of almost all of the other products from the Vitamin E-range.
Baffled and disappointed by this crappy cleanser.

on 10/20/2014 5:10:00 PM

This cleansing cream have successfully makes my skin dry as i never have it before...i stop it after using it for 1 week...now im back to my baby soap...i dunno msybe it just my skin doesn't match with this product