China Glaze Innocence

image 1image 2image 3

3.9

on 2/23/2016 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm always on the alert for neutral polishes that go with my light yellow-olivey skin, and I was a little leery of this one because I was afraid it would give me a 'creepy doll hands' effect. You know what I'm talking about, where the nails are almost the exact color of the hands and it looks kind of like rubbery doll skin?

Verdict: It kind of does, but I'm into it. It's just barely lighter and peachier than my skin and in two coats achieves a perfectly boring nude look. Which is what I was going for. However, other reviewers are correct when they say that it is streakier than Mark Roberts at a rugby game. I have no patience for polishes that need more than two coats to get even, so back to the store it goes.

on 8/7/2014 7:50:00 AM

This is a lovely color nail polish. However, it chips terribly on day two...this is using a base and top coat! Tried this polish for over a month with the same terrible results.
This polish goes in the garbage.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/25/2014 2:53:00 PM

I do own a lot of sheer pinks or nudes. This is one of my favorites. It applies evenly. I am very fair skinned and this is a pretty pale colour on me.

on 5/25/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews of this polish. I have no issues with it being streaky, actually I usually apply two coats and it looks very creamy and smooth. And with Essie Goos to Go as a top coat it lasts for ages on my nails. It is a really lovely pale sheer pink, and Lord knows nearly all polishes fitting this bill are problematic but this one really impresses me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think the varying reviews may be due the quality of the polish. I just bought it, and it's thick and streaky. it is a beautiful color, but the streaks really damage the overall look.

on 9/5/2013 3:10:00 PM

This polish applies horribly and has one of the worst formulas I've ever used. It's streaky and bubbly, takes forever to dry even with a top coat and always chips within a day. Other China Glaze polishes I've used work much better so I don't know why this one has such a bad formula.

on 4/15/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this polish! Very girly and soft! I wear this on my natural nails and my acrylic nails. This polish does not chip if you apply 2-3 thin coats

i love this nail polish! it goes on non streaky and it dries fairy fast. i bought my at sally's for 4.99 and i just cant stop wearing it. it's a very sheer milky pale pink and it's not goopey at all, very smooth polish. it's very femine and it makes my hands look very polish and clean. i will repurchase.

on 7/2/2012 4:35:00 PM

I am reviewing the China Glaze nail polish in Innocence. I love the color. It is perfect for me. A light nude color. It takes ages to dry and needs a top coat to prevent chipping so thats why I only gave it a 3. But overall it has a good staying power. And the name really suits the color :P
Definitely going to repurchase it. It has become my go-to color.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Lately I've been gravitating towards anything pale pink (makeup, clothes, etc....) and this fits into that category. Since this is a lighter color, you will need to build it up if you want it to really show. I used two coats though, and it seemed opaque enough for me. I've been wearing it for 6 days and it hasn't chipped at all. I feel really girly and delicate in this nail polish so if that's what you're aiming for, this is the nail polish for you!(:

Popular Polishes