no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

FYI, this product has a new name now, "Curl Scrunch Gel." Great product, just make sure you don't use it on just washed/wet hair. The direction says "slightly damp/dry hair" and it means it.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

Garnier products tend to be hit or miss. - This one is a HIT! I've used many of the shampoos & conditioners(Length & Strength is the best), some of the leave-ins (Curl & Shine and Length & Strength are better than the rest), and am just now trying their gel. As others have stated, the name "Hard Curl" is misleading. I use this after using the Length & Strength shampoo & conditioner, allowing my hair to partially air dry, then applying the Curl & Shine or Length & Strength leave-in, brush it through followed with this Hard Curl Gel and I get perfect, frizz free waves & curls! The gel itself is easy to spread without being too runny, it has a slight fruity scent but not as strong as the rest of the Garnier products, and I've never had it gum up or flake off. If I wash my hair in the evening it holds it until the following evening and then some. I can apply some more gel the following day and my hair will still look good. Along with the rest of the Garnier Fructis line, it seems to make my hair seem fuller and thicker without making it fly-away. It also keeps my hair feeling and looking shiny and moisturized all day which *never* happens for me with any other gel. As the day wears on my hair just gets softer but doesn't loose its shape or frizz. Will definitely repurchase. I'm almost stopping trying new products as I just keep coming back to this combo(Curl & Shine Leave-In w/ Hard Curl Gel) for perfect hair. :-) * P.S. I never, EVER wear my hair completely out. It's always in a headband, a ponytail, a 1/2 ponytail, something(!) because it's so fine that by the end of the day it ALWAYS looks horrible, tangled, dry, or limp. Using this gel in combo with the leave-in has allowed me to wear my hair OUT with nothing else and it looks beautiful all day! Luv, luv, luv Garnier hair products!

About reviewer (327 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

13 years ago

I am also not a big gel fan. I had used Paul Mitchell sculpting foam for years for my wavy hair and had no complaints. I wanted to try something different so I picked this up from a review i read elsewhere. First off, it does not give crunchy curls, which is what I love about it. It does have great hold and after my hair is dry, if it is a little crunchy where I used to much, i just scrunch and its nice and soft. It makes my wavy hair CURLY and i just cant believe it. i use a bit on wet hair then scrunch all over and twist some of the top sections to get defined curls. I air dry as much as I can then use my diffuser to finish up. What sold me was this... second day curls. thats right, i said it... second day defined pretty loose curls. I have NEVER been able to do this in my 25 years. in the morning, i just mist with a light sea salt spray and re scrunch - amazing. great product for a great price!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

13 years ago

<b><font color=red>I have used the Curl Shaping Spray for a while now, but then it's running out so I decided that I wanted to try this. <p>This is, I repeat, this is the most wonderful product ever. Now I haven't had time to review all the other products, because I just don't have enough money. But I have been getting so many compliments! People were saying that it looked like I got my hair thermally curled or by a professional. My curls are beautiful spirals. <p>I suggest everybody tries this. <p>The packaging is perfect, I love the fact that it's not a spray nozzle. God, I hate those! It has great hold throughout the day, and gives pretty volume. <p>It also smells like peaches. I am definately buying again!</b><font>

About reviewer (34 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

2.0
from

14 years ago

Wow, this did absolutely nothing for my hair. I have 3b type hair, wavy & curly but very thick. There was no hold & my hair had too much volume! I prefer the GF soft curl creme layered with the Aura hypo gel. I'm sitting in my office with puffy looking hair! Had to put it in a bun for control! I'm tossing this one out!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0

14 years ago

Not for me. I love the Frutis Curl Spray Gel, so I thought I would give this a try since my b/f is always complaining about the film the spray leaves on the bathroom tile floor. Well, didn't have the hard hold it was supposed to have. With hair like mine, I need that. It did however give lots of volume - again, I don't need that either. My hair was HUGE by the time it dried completely. My hair is wavy in some spots, curly in others, thick and somewhat coarse. I think this would be great for someone with thin to medium and perhaps curlier hair.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrown

2.0

14 years ago

i bought this tonight it was cheaper than my usual gel. I use gel to get my curls more defined and i use mousse to give myself a little volume (i have big hair it's thick and i have a lot of it). I put this in my hair like i usually do i scrunch as i apply then i flip my head over and scrunch and apply. well my curls look really great. No frizz just pretty curly thick looking hair. it's a humid day today all rainy and everything and my hair has not turned to frizz at all. i let my hair air dry for a few hours and i thought about putting my bangs into a barrette but it looked too good to do that so i left it natural and mane-like. The best part about it is my hair isn't crunchy. for years doing my hair curly meant crunchy hair that i'd have to scrunch when it was 100% dry to get the crunchyness out of it. I'm glad i bought this I have never bought any Garnier Fructis stuff b4 but now i think i really want to try more. I will definately try more of the curling stuff. This might be HG status for me.<br> <br> Edit:I had to change my rating for this. it totally dried out my hair. my hair was starting to feel icky and tangled in the shower. the only thing i had changed in my haircare routine was the gel then i looked and saw it had alcohol in it so sadly i had to stop using it.

About reviewer (518 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

14 years ago

i bought this after reading reviews - to control my curls and make them last. it kind of did that, but let me tell you, i think if you are looking for VOLUME, this is a good place to start. i have big hair as it is and after i used this i had to constantly try to flatten my big hair down - it kept puffing up and getting HUGE - it was pretty funny when i'd catch myself in the mirror looking a little like monica on friends when they were in barbados or somewhere - only less frizzy...so...not for me but i think it's probably a pretty good deal for someone looking for curl definition and VOLUME. good luck!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

Thank you MUA! I have used almost every curl product on the market--high end, low end, you name it! I was leery about the "Hard Curl" gel, as no one wants stiff crunchy curls, but with the reviews, I figured I would try it. I have naturally wavy/curly/frizzy hair that frizzes at the drop of a hat. I washed my hair and put this gel on towel dried hair. I used a large dallop since I have a lot of hair. I scrunched then let air dry for about 2 hours. Then, I put a little more in and scrunched while I finished with my dryer--perfect curls--not still, but well defined, no frizz at all. Then, the next day I refreshed with my Aveda mist and had frizz free curls again. This will be a staple for me!

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

14 years ago

This stuff is amazing! I am not a gel person at all, because mostly when I think of gel I think hard, stiff, gross hair. I read the review here though and figured there was nothing to lose even though there were only two reviews. I instantly noticed a difference between this Hard Curl Gel and the Curl Constuct Mousse (which is also good but you have to use more product and with mousse the curls are lighter). This gel made my naturally wavy hair look absolutely stunning, and I got a lot more compliments (my hair is a very rich, natural black). The waves are much more defined and they weren't hard at all! This product is amazing, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone else! The price isn't bad either, for under $3 and just one half-squeeze of the bottle is good enough!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18