Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%, Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Triethanolamine, Arginine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Fragrance (Parfum). 6/11/09

on 4/26/2018 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I am a Big fan of PTR masks (Pumpkin Mask and Cucumber!), so I decided to try these in hopes it would help with cell turnover, acne scarring/healing, and breakouts. I have combo-oily acne prone skin and incorporating this in my routine helped me see almost immediate results. It especially helps with texture, blackheads, and fading scars. It does all of that while being pretty gentle (I don't use them every day, maybe 3-4 times a week). My skin feels very toned, soothed and calm and they are actually moisturizing. I don't see any difference in my pores, but nothing works for me there! These are a pleasure to use because they smell great, and feel great on your skin. I love that the little pads hold a lot of the liquid and you can use one side for your face and the other on your neck and decolletage. They are pricey, but effective if you're acne prone (especially adult, cystic acne), looking for a heavy duty yet gentle alternative to a treatment toner.

on 11/12/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this product from Sephora for about $55.
I came in looking for an exfoliator for acne prone skin and they suggested the max complexion correction pads.
At first, I saw no difference in my skin and still received occasional breakouts (used it 2-4 times a week) I decided to continue using this product for about a month to see if I'd work but recently my face has been very dry. I tried moisturizing, not wearing any makeup and everything. My face was so dry it started to peel! After some research, I figured that it was maybe the max complexion pads drying me out! I have stopped using this product for a week now and my skin is no longer dry and back to normal. Personally, I do not recommend this product as it is expensive and did not help my acne or skin in anyway.

on 4/17/2017 1:52:00 AM

If I could remember which Sephora employee recommended this to me I would want to hug her. I dealt with acne for 10 years and for the last year or that, I was feeling so defeated that I basically stopped even trying to treat my acne. On a whim, I went into Sephora and started talking to one of the employees who ultimately advised me to try this product. I am SO incredibly glad I did. I saw immediate results and now, after roughly 9 months of use, my skin is clear and my scarring seems to be quite a bit lighter. I use one pad about 5 nights a week which has shown to be enough to keep my acne away without drying out my already dry skin too much more. That also makes a container last me around 3 months which makes the price totally reasonable. The product can feel harsh and the smell is really strong, but that all fades as the solution quickly dries. This is, without a doubt, the best skin care product I have ever used and I would recommend it anyone dealing with acne.

on 2/24/2017 10:49:00 AM

Been using PTR's Max Correction Pads for a year now. Am on my 6th tub now and I believe many here have shared about the scent, how you can save by cutting them into half etc, so I won't repeat that but I'll share how it SAVED MY ACNE and other plus points. 1) I have cystic acne on my chin, all over both my cheeks in Jan 2016. Started PTR in early March and recovered from acne in May. In a month, there were no new acne surfacing, my acne spots reduced to a dot and lightened. 2) Didn't stop and continued using because I realized when I stop my acne comes bit by bit again so I added it to my skincare routine permanently as a toner before any serum. 3) My blackheads on my nose reduced and it's been a year I hadn't had any facial to remove them because there was none! // PLUS POINTS: it removes make up residue that my make up wipes + cleanser didn't (meaning double Cleansing didn't remove it!) AND it gives my face a natural radiant look as if I had a peel yesterday, everyday. Not boasting but true. ADDITION: Used the PTR De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector for my acne spots and freckles and it lightened so much. So it's Max Cleansing Pads first then De-Spot then Moisturiser.

Good for all over the body, not only for the face, for exfoliation.

Another home run by Peter Thomas Roth. I love this product so much, I would marry it, if the laws of our nation would permit it ;-) I am battling perimenopausal, very picky hormonal skin, and for the first time in my life, I am dealing with cystic acne and a regular crime scene in the pores on my nose. These little peach-scented pads have put an end to all of that pimply nonsense. My skin is back to being clear and calm. I noticed a difference after one use, which is something I have never experienced before. This was especially nice because these pads are *hella* expensive! Believe me, though, they are worth the money. I think that these, alternated with the Unwrinkle pads, have pretty much saved my skin.

on 11/8/2015 9:33:00 PM

I use these pads morning and night- non fail. It removes oils and any traces of make up left after cleansing. These are VERY pricey but the product is amazing. I know some people cut the pads in half, but I don't think it's enough product in half pad. I wipe all directions and then wait 5-10 minutes before applying my DDF benzoyl peroxide. These pads make your pores really clean and clears and keeps clear your clogged pores. Holy grail product for me

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First off, I'm 27 and have oily/combo skin that mildly, but persistently, breaks out often on the side of cheeks, chin, and near the mouth area. It's horrible and my dermatologists say it's hormonal and little can be done for it unless I want to try prescribed meds or bcp as it helps some women with their hormonal acne. I didn't want either and truly believed there must be a safer, more natural, and less dramatic, way to go about fixing this problem I had....sooo I've been stuck living with these mild clusters that stubbornly appear every month, and my skin was never completely blemish clear for 3 years now...It's like my teenage acne came back with a vengeance.

I've tried facials/peels, using only non-comedogenic, recommended make up by dermatologists/estheticians, cleansing with non abrasive, mild, prescribed cleansers that won't cause dryness (that will cause more oil production on my face), but nothing has really worked to keep the shine and the 3-5 blemishes that always appears and lives on my face, after one has disappeared, at bay.

Lately, a coworker has recommended these PTR complexion correction pads and they work so wonderfully for me. I think it works perfectly for oily/combo/acne prone skin. It may be too drying for dry/normal skin as I do see slight dry patches forming on areas of my face that never get oily. I suggest going over your entire face if very oily, or just problem areas with 1 of these wet pads, as a toner each night, after cleansing with a mild cleanser of your choice - twice, as the first time you cleanse is to remove make up layers on your face, and second time is to cleanse the oils off thoroughly. I've been using these pads for 4 nights, and all 4 of my cystic acne has stopped swelling and shrank significantly. It typically takes more than a week or two for these deep ones to shrink or become painless for me, so far so good! The shine on my face has also decreased, and my face just glows.. like after a day at the beach!

I've received so many compliments on the "dewyness" of my face, probably due to the glycolic acid content in these pads that help remove dead skin cells, for better absorption of my sunscreen and application of my foundation. My make up appears less cakey and less make up is now more!

So far, no more new cystic acne has appeared in place of the shrinking ones that are subsiding, and noticing a brighter complexion. Everything PTR promised in a jar that costs $40, and should last you 2 months. Not a bad price to pay for better skin if nothing has worked for your acne thus far, and if you don't want to damage your skin with prescription acne meds or go on the bcp. Drink plenty of water as always... and I really believe this can work for your blemished skin!

I will always stock up on these next time I visit ulta/sephora! Thank you PTR for an amazing product that delivers exactly what it promises to.

on 7/6/2015 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using these for about 2 years now. I have sensitive/combination skin with mild acne since i'm in my late 20s. These REALLY help tone my skin and keep my skin clear most of the time. Any time I do get a zit around that time of the month, it dries it up pretty quickly. They are a little pricey but they are worth it! I wouldn't spend this much on them and for this long if they didn't work that well. They tend to dry out your skin more in the winter but I use moisturizer anyway to help with that. Give them a try! As long as you keep your receipt, you can return them to Ulta within 30 days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great product..I use with the buffing beads...and La Posay Effaclar K treatment. ...I love them!