NARS Lip Lacquer

3.5

on 10/1/2015 8:24:00 PM

This is another one of those products I tried so hard to love, but just couldn't. Although I do love the packaging, the actual product was pretty disappointing. It was so, so sticky. I have nightmares about wearing this on the beach and getting a gust of sand to the face. The texture of it makes it very difficult to put on with a lip brush too, although once it's on it does get slightly less sticky (but still *very* sticky). The smell is fowl, to me it smells of a mix of medicine and paint :( such a shame, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I own the dark pink the (fuschia) one, it's awesome, i use a akeup brush to put it on, because I don't want to getmy finger's all greassy and messy. I gives me this mysterious city (urban look) i baught it from sephora and most sephora items do rock

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/26/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was way too gloopy and sticky for me...very very uncomfortable. Worst thing is it comes in a pot and you have to apply it with your fingers so not only do your lips get sticky, so do your fingers. Unless of course you can be bothered using a lip brush.

I bought it at Sephora when I was travelling in NYC and then a few years later when I mentioned it to an MUA at Mecca they said that this lip lacquer is used in photoshoots as it just doesn't budge. Not really for every day use or if you want to drink, or kiss someone. :P

i didn't like this lip lacquer at all, and i'm surprised to see so many good reviews! the product was extremely thick, heavy, and sticky, so i could feel it sitting on my lips like glue. when i smacked my my lips to distribute it, my lips were stuck together! i also didn't like the colors i got (chelsea girls, sweet charity) because they looked waaayyy too light, like an alien's lips.

i reallllyy wanted to like this product because i am very pleased with the pure matte lipstick.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the colors of this gloss. I have Butterfield 8, which is discontinued -- it is a chocolate brown shade. I also love Sweet Charity and Chelsea Girls, which are very pretty.

The only drawbacks are 1. The smell...which I found to be a little off-putting and medicinal (I do not mind the lack of fragrance / waxy smell of NARS lipsticks and glosses -- this is different), and 2. It was sticky and difficult to apply and blend with my fingers - I definitely recommend using a brush. If this came in wand form, I would like it more.

i love this product! i bought it in capucine and it gives a light wash of peach on my lips. it look like a very bright orange in the jar but comes out really natural. i've tried dozens and dozens of lip products and this comes out one of the top. the smell is unpleasant but fades quickly in my opinion, so no big deal. some would find it sticky but that suits me because i find that non-sticky products 'spread' and i end up with white gunk inside my lips, if u know what i mean.

My HG blush, I wear it everyday. I've had this blush for probably two years, and it's still not finished! Highly recommend it for a fool proof blush that gives you an instant lift. I always get compliments on on my 'glow' and I think it's because of this blush. Love it! Buy it!

on 5/1/2009 5:40:00 PM

What a disappointment. Firstly, very heavy and not moisturizing at all. Secondly, the color is gone shortly just leaving sticky lips afterwards. Thumbs down!

I love all Nars lip laquers. Staying power is awesome. Colors are awesome. My favorite is "Chelsea Girls" (the PERFECT opaque, light pinky-beigey-nude). It was the first Nars product I purchased 8 years ago, and what turned me into a Nars whore!

on 4/1/2009 6:09:00 PM

I recieved this in a swap. The color is Capucine. I kind of like it. It's more glossy than lipstick, but thicker than lip gloss (thus stays longer than lip gloss). Capucine is a little bit too red on me, but it works out perfectly if I top it with a nude lip gloss. Actually, it tingles a tiny little bit. So, I think it also plumps the lips. I only give four lippies because it comes in a jar and it's a little bit inconvenient for touching up.