BeneFit Cosmetics Benefit Diva lipstick

No Image

2.5

on 2/10/2006 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I read a review for this lipstick in a magazine and they recommended it for fair skinned ladies as a neutral lipstick. There was no tester in the department store so I just bought it and later lived to regreat it! Its much too deep for my skintone - a reddy/brown which makes me look even paler! Definitely not a neutral lipstick. Would probably try another Benefit lipstick in a different shade.

on 11/13/2005 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

UPDATE! i didn't realize that in natural light, it's definitley more intense colour and not YLBB. It's more of a reddish-brown and it was drying.
This is my first Benefit lippie
since I am a MAC addict. I have always tried to find my my HG YLBB lippie at the MAC counter but decided to try Benefit since they seem to have more neutral, non-shimmery shades. I love MAC pink apperitif and sophisto as HG YLBB but I think they were too on the rosy side. I wanted a neutral brown with a hint of pink. I first tried um..um..uh (a nude-pink) which looked nice then I tried diva which looked like the same colour but more intense. I tried Diva which is a matte rosy-brown with a hint of peach. On my NC30 skin, it looked naturaly rosy and the MA told me he liked this color better on me. So i bought it and normally I do not wear matte but this one does not dry out my lips. The MA told me the peachy blushes would look good with the lippie but when I looked in natural light I think a pink or rosy shade would be better. Stila CC in peony looks amazing with this shade. overall, I think this is a deep natural ylbb shade that you can wear alone and does not wash you out.

Popular Lipsticks