Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked
Enter TitleMagic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.4

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 8/19/2017 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like that it's natural, cruelty-free, had a simple cute design but it's not very moisturising and I find it coats my lips more than hydrates it.

on 12/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

TLDR: Great lip balm! Moisturizing, long-lasting, affordable, and flavor- and fragrance-free. Highly recommend.

This is such a hidden gem! I'm surprised I don't hear about it more often. It can be hard to find a nice flavor- and fragrance-free lip balm, especially if you prefer a limited number of simple ingredients. A lot of "natural" brands offer balms with moisturizing nut/plant oils but then also add fragrant essential oils and extracts (citrus, peppermint, lavender, etc.) that can cause skin irritation.

As someone with sensitive skin, I really appreciate that Dr. Bronner's Naked lip balm is limited to 5 non-fragrant ingredients. The fact that the ingredients are organic and cruelty-free is icing on the cake! This balm contains tocopherol and/or beeswax, which cause reactions for some, but fortunately those seem okay for me. It is petrolatum-free. I personally love petrolatum-based products, but I know a lot of people prefer to avoid them.

I prefer soft, oil-based formulas to waxy formulas. This is the first avocado oil-based lip balm I've ever used, and the emollient texture is so great! Very moisturizing with a nice sheen but never greasy or sticky. It lasts a long time and leaves my lips feeling soft and comfortable after it wears off. The cold weather had the corners of my mouth cracking and uncomfortable, but Dr. Bronner's fixed it up surprisingly fast. My expectations were low because I had been using a solid lip balm before, but I think the longer wear time of this one really made the difference.

Compared to petrolatum-based balms, this one's not super occlusive. I do need to reapply if I spend too much time outdoors in the cold wind/snow. I've also locked it in with Vaseline or a petrolatum-based balm before heading out into the elements, and that increases the wear time and level of protection. As a night treatment, I find it works just about as well as Vaseline, which surprised me. That might just be because it's helped diminish any lip dryness I had in general, making the nighttime occlusive less necessary.

As the winter set in, I had found another lip balm (Skinfix) that I loved but wasn't reapplying often enough due to the somewhat messy/inconvenient packaging. I love that this balm comes in a stick-style tube rather than a squeeze tube or a pot. It's easy to reapply on the go (which I have to do more and more often now in blustery Chicago!), and tube is small enough to easily stash where I need it. I've got one in my purse, one in my wallet clutch, one in my school backpack, and one on my nightstand. The relatively low price (on sale for $2.39 at Whole Foods) made that possible :) I'm even including one in a Christmas gift basket for my boyfriend!

on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is good if you like all-natural, unscented lip balm. It only costs about $3 at a health food store, the packaging is very functional, and the balm only has five ingredients: jojoba oil, beeswax, avocado oil, hemp oil, and tocopherol.
The consistency of the balm is kind of slippery and acts more protective on your lips rather than absorbent. I've tried sleeping with it and it doesn't work so well as a night moisturizer unlike some of the other balms I've tried. However, it provides a smooth finish under lipstick, which is why I use it.
It comes off easily when you're doing something like eating or drinking or kissing, which means that you have to reapply.
I don't really like the consistency of it, which is why I'm not buying it, but if you're looking for something very natural and unscented, you might want to give this lip balm a shot.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

HG lip balm for nightly use. Very moisturizing, no after taste & long-lasting. Love the slip, it's natural ingredients (no petroleum), & lack of fragrance. Since I ran out, I've had to deal with dry & cracked corners of the mouth (ouch). Only under $3 on the Web.

on 3/12/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

All I can say is... WOW. I have searched endlessly for a lip balm that does not irritate my terribly sensitive lips and surrounding skin. Carmex, Blistex, Vaseline, Aquaphor, Dr Organic Lip Serums and balms, and many many more. None of these have worked for me, only made my condition worse. I'm allergic to Petrolatum, Liquid Paraffin and Mineral oils - something that this lip balm does not contain any of. After two days of use my lips are not chapped, flaky or itchy anymore!! Just gorgeous smooth lips. Just ordered a bulk pack of 12 as I'm moving abroad for a year! This prouct needs more advertisement because it's the best one on the market!!

on 11/18/2010 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So of the Dr. Bronner's lip balms, I now have this one (naked) the lemon lime one, and the peppermint one (there's also a ginger one, but I hate the smell/taste of ginger so I didn't bother getting it). This one is my favorite, though I admit that it due almost entirely to the fact that the tube is purple. It really has no detectable scent, which is rare but nice in any makeup product. I find it applies smoothly and moistrizes okay. The people who say they put it on and it keeps their lips moisturized for hours- lucky you! That's amazing. I don't think any lip product does that on me, I have very dry skin in general. But anyway I think it's an adorable little tube and I'd repurchase for sure.

on 11/11/2010 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best lip balm ever!!!!! It keeps my lips moisturized all day, even after eating!!! I brought NAKED, and I cant wait to try the others!!!

on 4/6/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lip balm is great, especially considering it's all natural and organic. I find that it lasts relatively long on my lips (approximately 3 to 4 hours without eating), which is a lot to say for a lip balm, particularly an all natural one. I happen to own Naked, Lemon-Lime, and Peppermint. I like this one and Lemon-Lime the most out of the three because they truly do moisturize without feeling to thick, sticky or slippery on my lips (Peppermint is also moisturizing, but I find I have to apply more to get the same feeling of coverage as the others... although the tingly mint feel is great and makes my lips feel fuller). They leave a soft, barely shiny finish for lips that look moisturized, NOT wet or glossy. When I wear a balm, I don't intend on looking like I have product on my lips, so this is great. I also love how it does not dry and become sticky once it starts to wear away, like I've experienced with other balms... it just sort of fades inconspicuously, leaving my lips soft, and I reapply as I see necessary. Naked is colorless, tasteless and odorless, a plus for those who appreciate that sort of thing. It might be a few pennies more expensive than your average lip balm, but for the organic quality and the job it does, it's way worth the money. The company's corporate and environmental ethics are also a plus. I will definitely buy again when I run out.

on 10/14/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is another mainstay in my collection of regularly-used skincare products; I've been using it for about 4 years. It feels smooth when you put it on, lasts all day long, and doesn't irritate my lips.

I prefer the 'Naked' (unscented) but my boyfriend loves 'Orange Ginger.'