Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked
Enter TitleMagic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.3

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 12/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

TLDR: Great lip balm! Moisturizing, long-lasting, affordable, and flavor- and fragrance-free. Highly recommend.

This is such a hidden gem! I'm surprised I don't hear about it more often. It can be hard to find a nice flavor- and fragrance-free lip balm, especially if you prefer a limited number of simple ingredients. A lot of "natural" brands offer balms with moisturizing nut/plant oils but then also add fragrant essential oils and extracts (citrus, peppermint, lavender, etc.) that can cause skin irritation.

As someone with sensitive skin, I really appreciate that Dr. Bronner's Naked lip balm is limited to 5 non-fragrant ingredients. The fact that the ingredients are organic and cruelty-free is icing on the cake! This balm contains tocopherol and/or beeswax, which cause reactions for some, but fortunately those seem okay for me. It is petrolatum-free. I personally love petrolatum-based products, but I know a lot of people prefer to avoid them.

I prefer soft, oil-based formulas to waxy formulas. This is the first avocado oil-based lip balm I've ever used, and the emollient texture is so great! Very moisturizing with a nice sheen but never greasy or sticky. It lasts a long time and leaves my lips feeling soft and comfortable after it wears off. The cold weather had the corners of my mouth cracking and uncomfortable, but Dr. Bronner's fixed it up surprisingly fast. My expectations were low because I had been using a solid lip balm before, but I think the longer wear time of this one really made the difference.

Compared to petrolatum-based balms, this one's not super occlusive. I do need to reapply if I spend too much time outdoors in the cold wind/snow. I've also locked it in with Vaseline or a petrolatum-based balm before heading out into the elements, and that increases the wear time and level of protection. As a night treatment, I find it works just about as well as Vaseline, which surprised me. That might just be because it's helped diminish any lip dryness I had in general, making the nighttime occlusive less necessary.

As the winter set in, I had found another lip balm (Skinfix) that I loved but wasn't reapplying often enough due to the somewhat messy/inconvenient packaging. I love that this balm comes in a stick-style tube rather than a squeeze tube or a pot. It's easy to reapply on the go (which I have to do more and more often now in blustery Chicago!), and tube is small enough to easily stash where I need it. I've got one in my purse, one in my wallet clutch, one in my school backpack, and one on my nightstand. The relatively low price (on sale for $2.39 at Whole Foods) made that possible :) I'm even including one in a Christmas gift basket for my boyfriend!

on 3/24/2011 9:57:00 PM

Picked this up at Henry's Market in the checkout line. Wow! Best lip balm I've ever used. I chose the Naked (unscented,unflavored) because I wanted something to use before bed and I was a little skeptical of the other "flavors." But after reading reviews of the Orange Ginger and Lemon Lime, I'll be picking those up next time I'm at Henry's. All natural ingredients and very moisturizing. I put this on at night and when I wake up in the morning, my lips still feel amazing. Love this.

on 3/12/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

All I can say is... WOW. I have searched endlessly for a lip balm that does not irritate my terribly sensitive lips and surrounding skin. Carmex, Blistex, Vaseline, Aquaphor, Dr Organic Lip Serums and balms, and many many more. None of these have worked for me, only made my condition worse. I'm allergic to Petrolatum, Liquid Paraffin and Mineral oils - something that this lip balm does not contain any of. After two days of use my lips are not chapped, flaky or itchy anymore!! Just gorgeous smooth lips. Just ordered a bulk pack of 12 as I'm moving abroad for a year! This prouct needs more advertisement because it's the best one on the market!!

on 10/24/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm. I've tried so many products out there, expensive and cheap, and this is the best.

I am someone who hates lip balm to be scented.. and I don't just mean scented on purpose, but even if there is a natural type of smell, I can't use it. For example, I found the Lavera Sensitiv smelled like burnt carrots or something.

At first, I did detect a scent with this one... probably the hemp oil in the product. However, I soon got used to it and don't even notice it anymore. My previous HG was The Green Beaver's Winter Lip Balm, but I was finding it was going bad fairly quickly and having a kind of rancid oily smell.

I just finished my first Dr. Bronner's and bought two more tubes while I was at the store. Got them for $3.99 CAD at The Big Carrot in Toronto.

This is definitely my HG lip balm and will keep using it for years to come!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I like this lip product. Very basic. Effective lip balm. Cheap. I like that it contains no nasties. I apply a couple of times throughout the day and every evening. Keeps my lips moisturised.

on 9/10/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good lip balm, however, it has a tendency to clog the pores around my mouth. It's not like I was slopping with my application either. It's a shame that it made me breakout because it made my lips really soft and smooth with minimal stickiness. Weleda Everon is much better for girls like me that break out from everything.