Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 2/16/2016 6:38:00 PM

This is a nice lip balm and definitely a plus that its all natural ingredients. Its very silky on the lips. I have this naked version and the peppermint one. This naked one would probably be good to smooth over cuticles or dry spots. I wouldn't count on this alone to relieve my chapped lips.

on 11/5/2014 8:53:00 AM

Very good and hydrating lip balm - one of the best I've ever used. Hideous design on the outside though - I would like it to be a bit prettier, but it's the inside that counts!

on 5/22/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best! It's smoother and glossier than other lip balms but I love that! Only contains great all natural ingredients including jojoba and avocado oil, so I know this is very nice stuff for my lips. Does have a very slight smell, but you can't taste it when it's on. I wear this through the day and doesn't ever really seem to wear off. At night I rub a teeny tiny amount of Jojoba oil on my lips and then apply this, and my lips feel so nice & moisturized when I wake up. Highly recommend.

on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is good if you like all-natural, unscented lip balm. It only costs about $3 at a health food store, the packaging is very functional, and the balm only has five ingredients: jojoba oil, beeswax, avocado oil, hemp oil, and tocopherol.
The consistency of the balm is kind of slippery and acts more protective on your lips rather than absorbent. I've tried sleeping with it and it doesn't work so well as a night moisturizer unlike some of the other balms I've tried. However, it provides a smooth finish under lipstick, which is why I use it.
It comes off easily when you're doing something like eating or drinking or kissing, which means that you have to reapply.
I don't really like the consistency of it, which is why I'm not buying it, but if you're looking for something very natural and unscented, you might want to give this lip balm a shot.

on 3/21/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am super picky about my chapstick, I like mine to not be so slippery and I like the waxy feel of most, it prevents me from chewing the bottom of my lips or licking them. This one has slip like no other, and although when I first tried it, I was like nooo it's so slippery, I'm going to chew on my lip for hours! I actually didn't. It's been a couple of days and I'm really suprised. And despite how slippery it is, once it wears off, I don't feel the need to reach for it again and reapply. You know how that happens, when you've layered your chapstick on, when it starts wearing off, you feel it and then you have to reapply...it's so not with this, which I am so suprised about. And add some points to this because no whiteheads on my upper lip! yay.

on 9/28/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Dr. Bronner's soap (peppermint) so I decided to try the lip balms. I have this one to wear under lipstick, and the peppermint at night. They are moist without being greasy and stay on much longer than other lip balms. I like that they are organic and don't interfere with lipstick application.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

HG lip balm for nightly use. Very moisturizing, no after taste & long-lasting. Love the slip, it's natural ingredients (no petroleum), & lack of fragrance. Since I ran out, I've had to deal with dry & cracked corners of the mouth (ouch). Only under $3 on the Web.

on 10/20/2011 7:21:00 PM

I was looking for a non petrolatum based lipbalm, as after using years of vaseline my lips were always dry and cracking. I was thinking of trying the weleda, but this one looked interesting and was a bit cheaper. Simple packaging and small, organic ingredients list.

When I bought this, my lips were cracked, peeling and bleeding. After one day's use, they were mostly healed.

The con for me is that this has a very strong herbal scent - I don't understand all the reviews saying this has no scent at all. 'Unscented' can simply mean no added fragrance, which leaves me smelling the hemp seed oil.
I do know that through using a scented lipbalm daily, you forget that it has any scent, so I am hoping to get to that stage.

Next time I might try the orange if it smells better, but at this stage will definitely repurchase a dr. bronner's balm.

Edited to add - no problems with this balm, and one tube lasted me four months, applying regularly.

on 6/7/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Loooooooove this stuff!! I forgot I had bought 2 of these (1 peppermint & 1 naked) and I stumbled across them the other day and now I am loving them more than my usual Burt's Bees peppermint balm! It glides on much better, and keeps my lips feeling moisturized for longer (Burt's feels way more waxier in comparison, IMO). I think I found my new stash balm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In the words of Rachel Zoe: "BA-NA-NAS"!!! This stuff is amazing! It's super moisturizing and a geat balm for lipstick to adhere to. Every girl needs this in her stash!